Profile for miffy29 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Gelert TOR311 2+1 Led / 2 Fn Mini Headlight Black Rubber
Gelert TOR311 2+1 Led / 2 Fn Mini Headlight Black Rubber

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 13 Dec. 2013
This is the third one I've bought. One died at the hands of my toddler. Another just died, probably the bulbs, but I'm short of time and it seemed easier to just get a new one as they're not that expensive. Good enough to jog by night, the light angles, it's easy to switch on (left: red, right: white). Bit difficult to get the battery compartment open, but I think that's true with most things like this. I looked at other cheaper and more expensive models and plumped for this again because I knew it did the job.

Thomas & Friends - The Best of Thomas [DVD]
Thomas & Friends - The Best of Thomas [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Angelis
Offered by Unique_Item_Bazaar

1.0 out of 5 stars 10minutes of advert at the beginning EVERY TIME, 19 Oct. 2012
I have an 18 month old and on our DVD player you cannot just put on 1 episode because there is 10 minutes of adverts which you can't fast forward. My husband has had the same problem. The DVD won't let you get to the root menu until the ads are finished. This is useless when you want to be able to sling it on quickly to give your child 5 minutes treat or to keep him distracted whilst you change a messy nappy. We try to keep TV to a minimum, so we won't be using it very much. Gutted as we were so looking forward to introducing our little one to Thomas. If anyone has any advice, please help.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 13, 2013 11:17 PM GMT

Tales From Acorn Wood: Fox's Socks
Tales From Acorn Wood: Fox's Socks
by Julia Donaldson

4.0 out of 5 stars shame about the flaps, 14 Aug. 2012
Bought this book when my son was around 8 or 9 months because he was loving Dear Zoo and I was trying to find other flip the flap books he would like. This book should be brilliant and a five-star - Julia Donaldson's words are great and Axel Scheffler's illustrations are fantastic. I particularly love the little mouse character who steals most of the scenes. In fact, it's very enjoyable for grown-ups. The problem is the flaps - my son even now at 16 months struggles to open them without help. They are difficult shapes and they stay stuck down. With a little re-think, this could be so much better.

Night Monkey, Day Monkey
Night Monkey, Day Monkey
by Lucy Richards

5.0 out of 5 stars a favourite from around 10 months, 14 Aug. 2012
This has been one of our son's favourite books for some time, possibly earlier than 10 months. He's now 16 months and he still loves it, but we've had to re-order a copy as he has ripped the other one. Surprised this is difficult to get as a board book. None of the other Julia Donaldson's are quite right for him yet and he loves the illustrations of the monkeys with their big eyes.

HP 364 Print Cartridge Combo Pack - (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
HP 364 Print Cartridge Combo Pack - (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Printerinks

3.0 out of 5 stars the black is not photo black, 14 Aug. 2012
Yes, it's fine, it's an HP pack (the one that does the smaller number of page, not the XL one, which is better value). Bizarrely, however, the black included is the one for black and white printing, not the photo black which is the one for photo/colour printing. I would prefer to get an XL black for b&w printing as this is what I use most and have a photo black in this pack as I don't do much colour.

Melissa & Doug Car Transporter
Melissa & Doug Car Transporter

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant value, 14 Aug. 2012
For the price, this is a lot of toy and our little boy (15 months) loves it. I would definitely recommend it.

TWF 12/18 month Black/Blue baby wetsuit baby warmer neoprene wet suit for swimming pool or beach

5.0 out of 5 stars Very adjustable, 26 Feb. 2012
Definitely keeps my son warm in a chilly pool in February (why doesn't anyone do baby boy swimsuits like girls' ones? He gets cold in just pants). Should fit for a long time. Good price, too.

Bear on a Bike (Bear Board Book)
Bear on a Bike (Bear Board Book)
by Stella Blackstone
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars cannot rate this highly enough, 28 Jan. 2012
We were given this book when our baby, now 9 months, was around 2 months and we were reading it to him from the start. For a few months, it was the only book we could read to him and it is still a huge favourite. The rhyme is perfect and the illustrations are gorgeous. I've given it to a number of friends with babies now. I've struggled to find a book for our baby which does as good a job all round. So glad we were given it; I wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes
Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes

4.0 out of 5 stars Good eventually, 22 Nov. 2011
We bought this when my son was about 4 or 5 months and at first I thought we had wasted our money, but by 6 months he had started to get the hang of it and get interested in it. It's now one of those toys that is a great distraction when you need one in a hurry.

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
by Eric Carle
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for babies, better than the Hungry Caterpillar, 22 Nov. 2011
It's so hard to find books that work well with babies, especially under 6 months. We got this when my son was 5 months old and he liked it immediately. The main reason is Eric Carle's pictures, but Bill Martin's simple rhyme is just right - short enough and repetitive in the right way. I wish we had bought it sooner now; my son would have enjoyed it from 3 or 4 months. At 7 months, it's our favourite book.

Page: 1 | 2