Profile for Ms. E. C. Norris > Reviews

Content by Ms. E. C. Norris

Ms. E. C. Norris "Liz N, bibliophile" (South West UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Can We Live Here?
Can We Live Here?

1.0 out of 5 stars Dire, 28 July 2016
This review is from: Can We Live Here? (Kindle Edition)
Shallow, superficial and boring....I wanted the author to grow up. I gave up on it in the end as I got fed up with tales if massages, waxes and maids

4 Pics 1 Word Puzzle: What's That Word?
4 Pics 1 Word Puzzle: What's That Word?

4.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly addictive, 3 April 2013
Easy to grasp but some of the words are really tricky to guess!! Interesting to try and guess what they're getting at - not all the clues are as obvious as they seem!

The Dead Room
The Dead Room

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected!, 13 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Dead Room (Kindle Edition)
This book had so many twists and turns, I was exhausted by the final chapter. I didn't see the ending coming at all, but I did feel it was rather drawn out.

Hide and Seek: A gripping psychological thriller with a shocking twist
Hide and Seek: A gripping psychological thriller with a shocking twist

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 Feb. 2013
I read this very quickly, hoping for some good writing...it just lacks depth and authenticity. Not an amazing debut novel.

Safe House
Safe House

2.0 out of 5 stars Unconvincing, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Safe House (Kindle Edition)
Unfortunately I just didn't get on with this book- the storyline didn't ring true. The americanisms in the text kept making me forget I was reading about the isle of man! I didn't ever really start to care about the characters either.

Public Enemy Zero
Public Enemy Zero

3.0 out of 5 stars Strangely enjoyable, 16 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Public Enemy Zero (Kindle Edition)
At first I thought I would have to give up on this book as it seemed very odd but I persisted. A somewhat ludicrous plot but a light, harmless and amusing read.

Disappear
Disappear

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised!, 13 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Disappear (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book as it was very cheap so no great expectations but was gripped by it, even if some of the plot was a bit far fetched.

Little Girl Lost: A breathtaking crime thriller, that will hook you from the first page (DS Lucy Black Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Promising..., 10 Feb. 2013
Enjoyable and fairly convincing but lacking something to make it totally absorbing, despite the grim nature of the story line.

Stalkers (Detective Mark Heckenburg, Book 1)
Stalkers (Detective Mark Heckenburg, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a realistic crime novel, 6 Feb. 2013
This is a great read - it was refreshing to read a crime novel which assumed the reader has intelligence. You can tell the author is an ex-copper, the tone is authentic & convincing. Really enjoyable.

Integrated Exercise: How Everyday Activity Will Get You Fit
Integrated Exercise: How Everyday Activity Will Get You Fit
by Peta Bee

4.0 out of 5 stars Exercise is for every day in every way, 14 Feb. 2009
I thought this little book was really quite inspiring. Lots of practical suggestions on how to turn everyday activities into an opportunity to stretch and strengthen your bod. Perfect for today's time-challenged individual....

Page: 1 | 2