Profile for Kelly Kitten > Reviews

Content by Kelly Kitten

Kelly Kitten (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Julian Fellowes's Belgravia: A tale of secrets and scandal set in 1840s London from the creator of DOWNTON ABBEY (Julian Fellowes's Belgravia Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, 27 April 2017
Loved this book, so well written. I felt I was living the story alongside the characters. Can't recommend it enough.

Kommandant's Girl
Kommandant's Girl
by Pam Jenoff
Edition: Audio CD

2.0 out of 5 stars Predictable romantic nonsense. An ok read but very lightweight ..., 27 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Kommandant's Girl (Audio CD)
Predictable romantic nonsense. An ok read but very lightweight.

A Perfect Heritage
A Perfect Heritage

5.0 out of 5 stars ... bought this as my holiday read and really can't recommend it highly enough, 31 Aug. 2014
I bought this as my holiday read and really can't recommend it highly enough. Excellent story lines, strong female characters and excellent writing kept me gripped. Would have given it 6 starts if I'd been able to. You won't regret choosing this book.

The Summer House
The Summer House

1.0 out of 5 stars This story really didn't ring true. Why would you ..., 2 July 2014
This review is from: The Summer House (Kindle Edition)
This story really didn't ring true. Why would you just accept someone as your dead husband's daughter with no questions asked? I'd already guessed the outcome just a few chapters in. Such an awful book I skipped as much of it as I could. Regret wasting 50p on it at a boot sale.

The Secret of Crickley Hall
The Secret of Crickley Hall

2.0 out of 5 stars I've read better, 10 Nov. 2012
Didn't enjoy this book and only finished it because I'd paid for a copy. Author used great detail to describe things which had no relevance. There was a lot of old fashioned sexist words used such as WPC and policeman. Typing errors on the Kindle copy made it more difficult to read. Would like to read another Herbert book at some point though.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 28, 2012 2:02 PM GMT

Cast No Stones
Cast No Stones

5.0 out of 5 stars A real gem of a book, 20 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Cast No Stones (Kindle Edition)
A beautifully written book which comes straight from the heart. It provides the reader with a mixture of emotions: innocence, suffering, humour, frustration and love. A real gritty northern working class tale which I can't recommend enough. Please read this book. I thank Kevin Machell for sharing his story with me.

Winter's Children
Winter's Children
by Leah Fleming

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 10 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Winter's Children (Paperback)
My first Leah Fleming book which I thoroughly enjoyed. An easy gentle read. I would recomend this book for those long winter afternoons when you just want a good book to snuggle up with in front of the fire!

The Distant Hours
The Distant Hours
by Kate Morton

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 Nov. 2010
This review is from: The Distant Hours (Hardcover)
Having enjoyed Kate's previous two books I was very much looking forward to reading The Distant Hours only to find it an incredible let down. The story was very weak as were the characters. I kept waiting for something to happen to really grip me but it just didn't materialise. Could have condensed this book by a couple of hundred pages. In fact the only reason I finished it was because I'd bought a copy.

No Angel
No Angel
by Penny Vincenzi

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent, 18 Sept. 2010
This review is from: No Angel (Paperback)
No Angel was my first Penny Vincenzi book and it won't be my last. I found myself totally absorbed by the characters and different plots. Certainly the best book I've read in a long while and thoroughly recommended.

Footprints in the Sand
Footprints in the Sand
by Sarah Challis

4.0 out of 5 stars A good easy read, 25 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Footprints in the Sand (Paperback)
This was my first Sarah Challis book which was an ideal holiday read. Really enjoyed the gentle story. I did wonder why whenever a character was introduced it was necessary to describe their clothing in such detail. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

Page: 1 | 2