Profile for Vicki Stewart > Reviews

Content by Vicki Stewart

Vicki Stewart (Dundee, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Google Pixel Case, LK Ultra [Slim Thin] Scratch Resistant TPU Rubber Soft Skin Silicone Protective Case Cover for Google Pixel - Purple
Offered by LK UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Only one you need., 26 Feb. 2017
Case arrived today for my phone. It fits beautifully without adding any bulk and the purple colour against the black of my phone works nicely. The edges curve around enough that if you didn't have a screen protector on the case this should be significantly off of any flat surface.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Busy B 2017 Couples Calendar
Busy B 2017 Couples Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of great features!, 4 Jan. 2017
This is my first time using a Busy B calendar. I specifically liked this one for the additional two columns that allow for US and BIRTHDAYS. We have a recent addition to our family so it was nice to have a separate column we could use for his needs as well as other US things and it also helps to have less clutter with the Birthday column. The quality of the paper used is almost card like and feels very good for the price. I love the pocket on each page as well as the collection of stickers provided which adds that nice little bit of personalisation for specific events or reminders. Another handy feature is the stickers include corrector stickers so if an event is cancelled or you simply wrote in the wrong box you peel off a corrector sticker and stick it inside the box covering what was previously written. Overall as you can tell I'm very happy with it and will very likely order again for 2018.

Hauck Cool Me Car Seat Sun Protector
Hauck Cool Me Car Seat Sun Protector
Offered by OLO Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Does as it says on the tin., 14 Oct. 2016
Baby has not arrived yet however I have tested this on both our travel system car seat as well as our next stage fixed car seat and it fits perfectly. We have had one rather sunny day where the inside of the car was pretty hot so out of curiosity I lifted the cover to feel the car seat surface which was pleasantly cool.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 15 Aug. 2016
Ordered and arrived within 24hrs despite going for free delivery so very happy with service. The product is exactly what we expected. I'm not a very girly girl so didn't want anything floral, feminine or handbag-like. I wanted something that my husband would also be happy to also carry about with him and this is perfect.

Now our baby isn't due till November so this bag has not yet been road texted however on inspection it appears sturdy, has foil lined side pockets which will be ideal for keeping cold things cool for a while. All pockets have interior pockets so plenty of places to store things. This also comes with (what I feel at this time) is a good sized changing mat (I plan on adding a second mat for myself in the inevitable situation where changing facilities are lacking I'll be changing them on a tiled floor and I don't want goodness-knows-what on my knees) another great feature is the straps on either side to clip onto buggy handlebar for convenience if I don't want to carry it anymore.

I'll update review again once it's been properly road tested in different weather situations and outings.

Vax U84-AL-Pe Air Lift Steerable Pet Vacuum Cleaner - Silver/Blue
Vax U84-AL-Pe Air Lift Steerable Pet Vacuum Cleaner - Silver/Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Still loyal to Vax, 8 Aug. 2016
I have grown up most of my life with a Vax in the house. Never used any other brand. My family use to have the Vax pull-along hoover and up until June this year I had, for twelve years, a Vax 1200 watt turboforce lite upright. My upright is still going but due to a miss-hap with my skirt getting caught while vacuuming the stairs the belt inside snapped a second time in its lifespan and being honest it wasn't holding up anymore to our year-round shedding dog. My mother-in-law always tried to convince me towards a Dyson but I've never been a fan of its weight or complexity. I hate vacuuming so simplicity is a big selling point for me and this has it and I am so happy that I stuck with Vax.

I was impressed with how light it was and easy to manoeuvre despite the powerful suction. It one small area it picked up far more than our older Vax ever did and the big deal is the fact the cylinder has a two different release functions. One release (the large top button) is for releasing the cylinder to carry it around independently for the upright and this with the cable length means its so much easier vacuuming stairs and coupled with the large rotating brush head I was incredibly surprised with the power behind it which lifted so much hair out of the carpet weave than I expected it would. Another plus was the noise which was far less than our old Vax despite the suction. The second release which is a side button on the cylinder handle allows you to remove it for getting rid of the waste. There is a clip at the rear base of the cylinder which opens the bottom meaning you don't have to get your hands dirty cleaning it out whereas in my old Vax opened at the top and you had to pull out the filter to get all the rubbish out.

Overall would definitely recommend.

Mother Nurture 67x30x4cm Quilted Foam Moses Basket or Pram Mattress Rounded Both Ends

5.0 out of 5 stars So far very happy!, 19 July 2016
Baby isn't due until November however we recently acquired a second hand Mothercare Snoozie Safari Moses basket and needed a new mattress. This is lovely, thick and seems comfortable and though there is a 4cm gap at the top I feel this is negligible once I've added mattress protector and sheet not to mention baby might have to have a pillow to prevent flat head/reflux. Main selling points for me is that the outer lining need to washable so this ticks all the boxes for me. Delivery was prompt and arrived bagged and boxed very securely though I feel box could have been smaller as it made me rethink for a second that I ordered the wrong size!

Will update review after baby is born as they are the real critic.

Bump to Birthday, Pregnancy & First Year Baby Journal : an award-winning journal / diary to help you hold onto memories of the growing bump, the birth & the first year with your baby (Parent & Child)
by Helen Stephens
Edition: Diary

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 12 July 2016
Love this book. Currently at week 20 and I just love being able to keep a little journal of what we have been up to week to week and the changes that are happening. Baby will get to see what we have been doing with the pictures we've taken and taped in as well as copies of their scan pictures. I'm really looking forward to entering the rest and especially their first Christmas as they will be a month old by then.

Indigo Maternity Jeans, UK Size 18 (XXL), Long length 34"
Indigo Maternity Jeans, UK Size 18 (XXL), Long length 34"
Offered by FunMum Maternity

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit after exchange., 12 July 2016
Firstly I initially purchased the size 18 in long and I ended up returning it for an exchange for 16 in long instead. My fault as I hadn't realised how much weight I lost in the first 3 months of nausea. The size 16 fit me perfectly (now at 21 weeks) and not to mention are just so comfortable. The band fits around my bump snugly but if I want I can fold it down as an under bump support.

I'm not fond of skinny jeans and that's all I ever managed to find in high street shops for maternity when I just wanted something boot cut or straight leg. Would definitely recommend these jeans.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Coach and I off to a good start., 27 Feb. 2016
I have been considering a fitness band and spent the last month comparing reviews from various trackers on budget prices. I don't wear bracelets or watches so the desire of it being 'jewellery-like' wasn't high on my priorities but I opted for this band above the fitbit and garmin because of what the software has to offer and its accuracy.

I can understand peoples feelings that getting the band on can be a little tricky the first time but I watched a video online and after the first time on it's simple. In regards to it staying on my wrist, the band came with a 'activity clip' already attached to the band so that when I have slid the fixing into place the clip slides under the fixing and has prongs on either side to stop it sliding out. This clip can be purchased for free through Jawbone.

After wearing the band for two days it's taken me a while to get use to since as I mentioned before I don't wear anything on my wrists normally but overall it is comfortable and hasn't irritated my eczema. I have also not showered with it on because I always have to use moisturizers after and didn't want to cake the tech with it.

Tech-wise it will be a few more days before I can pin down its accuracy but so far it appears pretty on point showing how much of a light sleeper I am and how much I am moving about. I work in an office all day and can be, without realising it, sitting in one place up to 2-3 hours. I set the reminder for 1.5hr to let me know when I have been sitting down too long and it's time for a 'toilet break' and it does this by giving me a gentle vibration which isn't loud either. I have also used to the alarm which turned out to be a really good way for me to wake up gently 10-20mins before my actual alarm goes off and I felt better for it as I didn't have that panicky need to turn it off for ruining my sleep. Entering my food consumption has been tricky as the app is very much american and a lot of the time I don't have a barcode handy but I just keep a record of it to the side and input it manually. There is restaurant menus within the app which I've only used once so far but was very helpful. Smart Coach is a really handy tool and I like being set goals so me and the coach are going to get on fine.

My husband and I will be going on holiday to New York soon so I am really looking forward to how all the walking and food consumption will translate into the app. Will update again likely after that.

Stanley Fatmax Open Tote Bag
Stanley Fatmax Open Tote Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job., 17 Feb. 2016
Husband is very happy with this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3