Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "timnkateuk"

Cold Granite (Logan McRae, Book 1)
Cold Granite (Logan McRae, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A crime novel that made me smile, 14 Mar. 2015
The story is straightforward enough; but written with a charm and humour that is particularly welcome in this genre.
I enjoyed the plot and thought the twists were sufficiently diverting to keep my attention, but most importantly, I really warmed to the protagonist and his human condition.
The narrative is excellent, while the off the cuff remarks are entirely plausible and entertaining.
An excellent crime thriller.

Pray for Silence (Kate Burkholder Book 2)
Pray for Silence (Kate Burkholder Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars does not stand alone very well, requires reading of the first book., 6 Dec. 2014
Some understanding of the Amish culture, norms, beliefs and values are almost essential.

I would recommend this book only as a follow on.

Stuff
Stuff

2.0 out of 5 stars Very difficult to view - the ability to increase font ..., 21 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Stuff (App)
Very difficult to view - the ability to increase font and zoom to look in greater detail at the images is not available

Nelson's Way: Leadership Lessons from the Great Commander
Nelson's Way: Leadership Lessons from the Great Commander
by Stephanie Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars A Leadership Feast, 23 Jan. 2006
As a senior manager within a major UK organisation, I am naturally attracted to material that can help me broaden my personal understanding of leadership.
However, I seldom come across a leadership text that is as readily accessible as Nelson`s Way; whilst offering thought provoking stimulation for the academic reader too.
I have used a number of the examples detailed within the script to stimulate some lively debate about leadership in the 21st century with my team - particularly in drawing direct comparisons with the leadership challenges of Nelson`s day and how they compare to situations that we all face as leaders in modern organisations today. This is a really well written, easy to read book that is capable of crossing the boundary that exists between the worlds of academia and industry.
I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for material that helps to explore leadership and in a context that anyone can relate to.