Profile for C Franks > Reviews

Content by C Franks

C Franks (Leicester, UK)

Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Canon BP-727, CG-700 and Canon VIXIA HF M50, HF M52, HF M500, HF R30, HF R32, HF R40, HF R42, HF R50, HF R52, HF R300, HF R400, HF R500

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 4 Mar. 2014
When you consider the cost of Canon batteries, these are terrific value. They work well but you have to put up without having a battery charge readout on the Video Recorder display and you need an adapter to plug the charger into a UK mains socket (very cheap on Amazon). However these are minor niggles when you consider the price saving

WD My Net N750 HD Dual Band Router for Multi-HD Streams with Fastrack
WD My Net N750 HD Dual Band Router for Multi-HD Streams with Fastrack

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good piece of kit, 4 Mar. 2014
I bought this because my wife's MacBook Pro wasn't getting along with our Virginmedia Hub - it kept dropping the signal. We were advised by an Apple employee that he had had the same problem which was cured by a new router. So we went for this one. It's small, neat and unobtrusive. Having changed my Virginmedia Hub to modem mode it was a piece of cake to connect and set up. Works treat, problem solved.

The Question That Never Goes Away
The Question That Never Goes Away

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 4 Mar. 2014
I love Philip Yancey's journalistic style. This book doesn't duck the difficult questions or try to come up with pat answers. A good read for anyone who has questions about God and suffering. To top it all it was free!

Pulse [DVD] [2006]
Pulse [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Pink Floyd
Offered by AVALON

5.0 out of 5 stars Top recording of a top concert, 4 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Pulse [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
I have been promising myself this for years. I was not disappointed, the video and sound quality are excellent, you just have to get over the fact that the format is 4:3 and not 16:1

SONNICS 500GB 2.5 INCH EXTERNAL POCKET SIZED USB HARD DRIVE IN ICE BLUE FOR PC, LAPTOPS, MACS AND PLAYSTATION 3
Offered by Beetechwise.ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot believe the size of this, 4 Mar. 2014
In 2010 I bought a 1 terabyte external hard drive. It is roughly the size of a paperback book. Granted this one has half the capacity but it is about the size of a small mobile phone! Does what it says on the tin, is just right for my wife's MacBook Pro and fits into her laptop bag with ease. Nice colour too.

KabelDirekt 2m 270° Angle HDMI Cable compatible with HDMI 2.0a/b, 2.0, 1.4a (Ultra HD, 4K, 3D, Full HD, 1080p, HDR, ARC, Highspeed with Ethernet) - TOP Series
Offered by KabelDirekt Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, fast delivery, 4 Mar. 2014
The cables are good quality, fit well and look good. They look so much better than the ones they replaced which stuck out the side of the TV. Super Saver free delivery was fast - I ordered Friday pm and they arrived by courier the following Monday.

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (DVD + Digital Copy)
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (DVD + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ Judi Dench
Offered by Entertainment Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected, 13 July 2012
There are 2 parts to this the review.

Firstly the film:
My wife and I were really looking forward to watching this film, which we missed on it's cinema release. On paper it ticked all the right boxes for us. In reality it was a little disappointing, all our favourite actors delivered as usual, but the story was a bit thin and predictable, with little opportunity to develop each of the main characters or their story. It's a pleasant and easy watch, but not a classic.

Secondly the + digital copy element:
What isn't immediately clear in the Amazon write up is that this only works if you have a certain type of Android device and PCs. Forget it if you have an iPad, iPhone or Mac device. Not a deal breaker but disappointing.

Thinline Bible-NIV
Thinline Bible-NIV
by Zondervan
Edition: Imitation Leather

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not quite as expected, 18 May 2012
This is a good product, well made, easy to read and important for me easy to carry around. However there are a couple of points the purchaser should note, firstly it is an American bible with consequent spelling differences, however more importantly it is not the NIV that most would expect. It is a recent revision, which I have seen in other Bibles described as Todays New International Version (TNIV). Mostly any differences are relatively minor, though noticeable if you are in a study group where everyone else has an "old" NIV; but some are quite startlingly different, check out Luke 18:5:
"yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually come and attack me!"
Overall a good product, but not all that I expected hense 4 stars