Profile for Mariya Smilyanova > Reviews

Dressmaking
Dressmaking
by Alison Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars comment, 25 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Dressmaking (Hardcover)
I absolutely love the book ,it is like Mary Berry in the books for food writing but this one is for the sewing and outfits.So far I have only read and not tried to practically perform it but it seems so easy with the author.She is in love with her sewing machine,it is obvious.

The Secret of the Soul: Using Out-of-Body Experiences to Understand Our True Nature
by William Buhlman

3.0 out of 5 stars comment, 25 Nov. 2013
I loved the book .Sometimes the authors describe techniques to go out of body,sorry,it did not work for me .

Far Journeys
Far Journeys
by Robert A Monroe

2.0 out of 5 stars comment, 25 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Far Journeys (Paperback)
Honestly, I did not like it much.There are some brilliant moments of it but generally it is difficult to read, sometimes boring.And I was kind of imagining it better out there.It seems more like fantasy ,ofcourse I am sure it is not.I haven't read the 1st book,I think for me it will be more interesting.Allways the 1st more authentic.I don't doubt that the spiritual reality exist and I am glad that R.Monroe described his experience and made it possible for Institute to start researching.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars comment, 25 Nov. 2013
We had it in the past,the same name,the same brand.I don't know if this one is the original but did not have the same aroma and did not last that long as the 1st,the 1st was better.It took it very long to arrive and costed far too much altogether.

The Exorcist
The Exorcist
by William Peter Blatty

5.0 out of 5 stars comemnt, 25 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Exorcist (Paperback)
Loved it but I couldn't sleep for many nights afterwards...I did not know the word exorcist before .This matter is very serious matter and even my friend was telling me about her encounter with entities , so called shadow people.Another one-about experience out of his body when as a child fell from a tree.It is good book to educate the people about the existance of other unknown reality.This was the beginning ,now it becomes more science than literature.P.Blatty was a pioneer.

The Heretic's Feast: History of Vegetarianism
The Heretic's Feast: History of Vegetarianism
by Colin Spencer

5.0 out of 5 stars comment, 25 Nov. 2013
If there are books that everybody should read ,this is one of the books, 10000000000000000000000000% !
It was a bit difficult with the English and the information included ,as it is more on University level but on the other hand I am glad I have learned from it. This book deserves not 5, but 10 stars! Did I say I have been vegetarian for 20 years and now I am vegan and some of it I may owe to this book. I realsied that this is book for great minds and great people only who, it inspires you to bring the theory to practice.

Mary Berry's Ultimate Cake Book (Second Edition): Over 200 Classic Recipes
Mary Berry's Ultimate Cake Book (Second Edition): Over 200 Classic Recipes
by Mary Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars Comment, 25 Nov. 2013
See the comment for her Puddings and Deserts. I adore Mary Berry not only as a brilliant cook but also as an author.You can see how well her book is organised and everything described very well. I love the different sections .You can always recognise M.Berry's signature also in the way how the ready cake look like,they are piece of art, you want to watch them,not to eat them, but when you eat them,you don't want to stop.I wish she had something about vegan because I cannot comply to this book anymore.

Mary Berry's Traditional Puddings and Desserts
Mary Berry's Traditional Puddings and Desserts
by Mary Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars comment, 25 Nov. 2013
I absolutely love Mary Berry's books not only because the recipes are precsice and work well even for not so experienced cook like me ,but also because they are executed beautifully ,inspiring,and also there is one other aspect I appreciate very much-she is very economical in terms of ingredients , sufficient but not unneccessarily expensive as most of the modern authors.She is my favorite, how pitty that recently I turned vegan,I wish she had a book on that.

Legion
Legion
by William Peter Blatty

1.0 out of 5 stars comm, 24 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Legion (Hardcover)
After the Excorsist ,this was not so exciting.But I don't want to be critical ,there is always something to find for yourself.

The Complete Human Body
The Complete Human Body
by Alice Roberts

3.0 out of 5 stars Comment, 24 Nov. 2013
I love the illustrations of the book in minute details, I love the diversity of the information on different of topics and the part for anathomy,the part for diseases, but in terms of clarity and orgnasing the information for a person who is not professionaly so deep into this ,it is a bit hard to read even though there are many positives.Also ,it would be probably better ,if it goes in separate books ,so that you can hold it easily while reading because the book itself is very heavy.

Page: 1 | 2