Profile for I've been gaming since the ZX Spectrum > Reviews

Content by I've been gami...

I've been gaming since the ZX Spectrum

Training Day
Training Day
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 29 May 2015
This review is from: Training Day (Amazon Video)
Training Day, End of Watch and Point Break are the legends of cop movies!

Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Amazon Prime Video (App)
Updated regularly with modern movies. Always room for improvement though!

Netflix
Netflix

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 2 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Netflix (App)
Needs more recent movies. Too much old stuff on there.

LUPO Portable Hard Shell Bag with Shock Absorbsion for PS Vita / PSP, Size: 195 x 100 x 32mm - Provides Secure Protection
Offered by LUPO STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 22 Jan. 2014
Not much to say really as it's just a case to store a PS Vita. It's a cheap price for a product that has a good quality look and feel to it. My Vita fits inside perfectly. There are two little straps inside to hold the vita in place and a little flap that covers the screen when the case is closed. It has a little net area inside to store a couple of games or memory cards. Can't fault it!

Playstation 4/Vita Officially Licensed Stereo Gaming Headset (PS4/Playstation Vita)
Offered by Fuzion

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit!, 27 Dec. 2013
I purchased this headset to give the wife a bit of peace and quiet and to immerse myself more in the games that I'm playing. Originally I was looking at headsets in the £100 range but after seeing this I decided to take a chance on a cheaper product to save a few pennies. My biggest fear was that cheaper must mean worse right? Wrong! I can't fault these headphones. As soon as I got them I tested them out with Battlefield 4. The headset just plugs straight in to your Dualshock 4 and you are good to go (Don't forget to go in to the PS4 setting and change the audio to play through the headset). The sound is fantastic! Every footstep, gun shot and explosion is crisp and clear. The base sound is also awesome.

Another thing that I love about this particular headset is that there are two separate wheels on the cable. One for game volume and one for chat volume. This is a very simple but very useful feature that not all other headsets include! A lot of other headsets only allow you to turn the chat and game volume up and down together rather than separately.

Last of all I will say that the headset looks like it does in the pictures on Amazon but it also very much looks like a £23 headset. It does not look overly impressive or as expensive as other headsets but it does seem built to last and let's be honest; when it's on your head you can't see it anyway. Also the ear cushions are comfortable so you can have long gaming sessions without discomfort. So I can't fault it on that.

I don't regret buying this headset and yes I would recommend it! It's a great piece of kit for a reasonable price and I can't wait to try it out with a horror title!

Resident Evil 6 (Xbox 360)
Resident Evil 6 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Resident Evil 6 FTW!, 23 Nov. 2012
I don't usually write reviews but I felt the need to add my opinion after all the other mixed reviews. I have been a massive fan of the Resident Evil series ever since the first release on PS1. 1,2,3 are by far my favorites but being realistic there is no way I could go back and play them now. The reality wouldn't live up to the nostalgia I have for the old games. Resident Evil 4 came along and the series seemed to have progressed well and it was a good solid addition to the series. But like most others I was disappointed in Resident Evil 5. More so with how the whole survival horror feel had gone and they went for a more action style of game play in brighter surroundings, heavily focused the game on co-op (destroying the feeling of being alone fighting for survival), and they never updated the controls to compliment the new faster paced style of game play. However I didn't hate the game. It was good to find out how it all started, and to see Jill back, and even better to see a final battle between Chris and Wesker! But this is not a Resi 5 review! ;-)
I refused to pick up Resident Evil 6 for full price after feeling the series let me down a bit with Resi 5. So I waited for a price drop and ordered it from Amazon at £25! Bargain! AND I MEAN THAT!! I have yet to finish this game completely. So far I have played as Chris and Leon. There are good and negatives about the game which I hope developers will work on for any future installments but all around it's better than Resi 5 and it's got a good mix of old and new.
Leon's campaign has a more old school feel of survival horror and the good old zombies that everyone misses from the original games! This campaign pulls at my heart strings and reminds me of what was in the Resi series.
Chris's campaign on the other hand is more action packed and has J'avo to fight against. Although the story is better in Leon's campaign I found Chris's to be a lot of fun! There is a good variation of J'avo mutations to fight against, epic boss battles, and there are plenty of gun fights and explosions! No it's not old school Resident Evil but it is great fun! I have yet to play as Jake so I can't comment on his campaign but it does look again quite action packed but it will be interesting also to find out his story as the new addition to the series!
Now as I don't write reviews I may not have quite made the point that I wanted to or gone in to the depth I should have. Either way the only thing I want to get across is no one likes change, but not all change is bad! We all have that nostalgia for the old games but go back and try to play them now and they don't live up to the good memories we have of them. It seems with Resident Evil 5 and 6 the developers are looking for a new and fresh direction for the series but there are teething problems along the way! That's expected! Resident Evil 5 was a big step away from the old games, maybe too big of a step too soon! and people didn't like it! Resident Evil 6 is a good mix of old and new to appeal to fans who want to relive the nostalgia of old games and to fans who loved Resi 5 and like the more action packed style of game play. For £25 it is well worth picking up! Just go in with an open mind and who knows, you may end up loving all of the campaigns! As for me I give it a big thumbs up! My only jab would be that the overall plot could have been stronger but I get the feeling that the developers are still working out where to take the story to next. I would like to see Jill and Barry back as playable characters for the next installment please!! :-)