Profile for Smarty > Reviews

Content by Smarty

Smarty (London, England)

10 Canon Pixma PGI-550 XL CLI-551 XL FCI Printer Ink Cartridges for ip7250, iX6850, MG5450, MG5550, MG5650, MG6450, MG6650, MX725, MX925 printer inks
Offered by First Call Inks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price and just as good quality compared to the ..., 16 April 2015
Great price and just as good quality compared to the Canon own brand which are a lot more expensive. Shipment was prompt. Very delighted with this product! Why pay more?!

Touching Distance
Touching Distance
by Beverley Turner

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 21 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Touching Distance (Hardcover)
WOW! What a brilliant book!

I wouldn't normally have picked up something like this as I'm not much into watching sport nor reading biographies, but a friend left this book at mine by mistake and after flicking through the pictures I became inspired. I started to read a little bit and from then on I was hooked!

The beginning is really interesting as it shows where an extreme athlete such as James Cracknell 'came from'. But for me, it is the sharing of the writing between Bev and James, which is beautifully balanced, that makes it so original. Their different styles are equally enjoyable to read and complement each other's so much that once you finish reading one, you can't wait to hear what the other has to say from another angle. I'm not sure if this format has been used before, but it's a fascinating insight into 'Mars and Venus' played out by two extremely strong characters set around a harrowing circumstance.

I laughed and I cried and the pure honesty exposed makes it seem so very real. You feel privileged to be let into the intimacy of their feelings and emotions surrounding their private life and to follow their incredible journey. Anyone who has a human heart will enjoy this book. It is awe-inspiring! It's a shame that the kindle preview I just read doesn't include some of Bev's writing which is such an important and key element.

I just want to say well done to you both if you read this. I almost feel like I know you so well that I would want to stop you in the street and give you a hug full of empathy and admiration!

(My husband is now halfway through it and is loving it too)