Profile for nellpatel > Reviews

Hard
Hard
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars I Loooooove it, 28 Oct. 2004
This review is from: Hard (Audio CD)
This is my favourite album of the year by far, i never really listened to JE but I borrowed this album and i loved every single track on it. The voices of these guys harmonise beautifully, they really are heavenly to listen to. I love every track on this album but my favourites are 'Hard', 'In the Morning' and 'In Private'. If you love RnB with a little soul, you have to get this.

The Diary Of Alicia Keys
The Diary Of Alicia Keys
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars just lurvely, 18 Mar. 2004
I never bought songs in a minor because i wasn't that big a fan of alicia keys, but her single 'you don't know my name' struck a chord with me and so i bought this album and i wasn't disappointed.
With most albums you have to listen to them a few times before you decide which tracks are good, great and okay, but with this some of her songs just reached out and grabbed me. The intro Harlem's Nocturne is excellent and the quality of Alicia's piano work remains so throughout the album. Other tracks I immediately warmed to included the beautiful If I Ain't Got You, which i knew was going to be a single the first time i listened to it. Another favourite is Diary, with an infectious piano backing track and lovely lyrics, and also So Simple, with a funky RnB beat and catchy chorus.
On Summary: If you're a fan of Alicia you would be stupid not to buy this, and if you're not a fan of Alicia you would still be stupid not to buy it.

Elephunk [Explicit Lyrics]
Elephunk [Explicit Lyrics]
Offered by NetsavesUK

4.0 out of 5 stars you're funkin with the funk family, 14 Mar. 2004
i wouldn't call myself a fan of the BEP but after hearing this album i must say it is a pretty good mix of hip hop, funk and rnb. There are so many good tracks on here its hard to pick a favourite although i dont like Anxiety or Rock my S**t, i think they are the unwelcome rock-based interruptions in what is mainly a very enjoyable album.
Tracks which i think are truly brilliant are Fly Away, with its catchy vocals and heavy backing track, and Third Eye which is quite strange on first listening but is one of those tracks that just grows on you which you can't get out of your head afterwards. Other highlights include the disco beats of The Boogie That Be, the catchy Hands Up, the ultra-funky Smells Like Funk, the cheerful Labor Day and the booty-shaking Hey Mama.
Overall it is a good album with some memorable songs, some strange, but a couple that sound completely out of place.