Profile for Custard Creams > Reviews

Content by Custard Creams

Custard Creams (West Yorkshire)

UniBond Aero 360 Pure Moisture Absorber Device with 1 Tab
UniBond Aero 360 Pure Moisture Absorber Device with 1 Tab

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that great, 12 Mar. 2016
I used two of these in an average size bedroom. They didn't really make much difference to the amount of condensation on the windows on a morning. The tablets say they last about 3 months but mine lasted about one month. Got a dehumidifier instead. More expensive but actually works.

Belkin Charge and Sync Dock with Lightning Cable Connector, Silver
Belkin Charge and Sync Dock with Lightning Cable Connector, Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother if you want it to last more than 3 months., 26 Sept. 2015
Stopped working about 3 days after the 3 month return period. Amazon won't replace or repair it. Not happy!

Songmics 10 Tier Shoe Rack Cabinet for 27 pairs of shoes Standing Storage Organizer Light Brown 58 x 28 x 160 cm RXJ10K
Offered by Songmics

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and not so cheerful!, 26 Sept. 2015
I had pretty high expectations after reading the various reviews on Amazon. It wasn't until I began building it that I realised how cheap this thing is actually made. Several of the metal support tubes have VERY sharp pieces of metal protruding from them. In two cases, this caused the plastic joining clips to break. Therefore the entire rack is a bit wobbly. Then the zip broke as soon as I put the cover on rendering it useless. To be honest, I'd rather leave this honest, yet critical review than waste an hour of my time dismantling the thing to send back. What a waste of money!

Clive
Clive

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Incomparably Funny. Well Recommended!, 5 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Clive (Kindle Edition)
I've read a lot of books, and this one works on so many levels. Firstly, it's one of those reads that you can sit down and enjoy for a whole afternoon, or simply read a few pages at a time during a break. It's layout is simplistic yet structured in such a way that it feels like scenes from a TV sitcom. The characters are obviously based either on people the author has known, or have been created by a mind so brilliant that he understands them perfectly. What makes this better is that we all know or can relate to these characters, such as Clive, Mike, Pat and the others.

The story begins with Clive at rock bottom, and without spoiling the story, it develops into a spiders web of emotional, complicated and mostly hilarious circumstances.

The way the author has written this story is excellent. You instantly feel that you know the character within just a few lines of their introduction to the story. The author's style and use of language for each character defines not only their individual personalities but your mental image of them as a character. You can see the story in your head as you read. You can smell the cheap perfume on one of them and you can see the scruffy, unshaven face of another.

All in all I can recommend this book if you want an easy read and a few belly laughs.
5*****

Lexmark Interpret S405 Wireless 4-In-1 Inkjet Printer
Lexmark Interpret S405 Wireless 4-In-1 Inkjet Printer

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted a few weeks before problems started., 29 July 2011
This looked like a good printer until a few weeks after I bought it.
The problems started when the ink ran out within days of changing it (at [] a go). Then, every page had long blue bands appearing and the print head began to fail.
I replaced it but the problems continued and the printer packed up altogether. It's less than three months old, and although its under warranty, I don't want it repairing or replacing. I'm buying a different printer altogether.
AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!

Gypsy Boy on the Run
Gypsy Boy on the Run
by Mikey Walsh

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply the most interesting story I have ever read., 17 July 2011
This review is from: Gypsy Boy on the Run (Hardcover)
Let me start by saying that I'm not very good at writing reviews. In addition, even if I were, I wouldn't be able to convey in words just how fantastic this book (and his first book 'Gypsy Boy') is. I could say fantastic, brilliant, magnificent, compelling or any choice of flattering words, but they don't go far enough.

Mikey Walsh fairly quickly has you fascinated with his life and his experiences. There are highs and lows, then there are lows like you've never imagined! There is so much emotion and he manages to describe every detail in a way that makes gripping reading. It's impossible to put this book down!

I had an expectation how this book would end and I was surprised by what I actually read. Things don't always turn out how you'd expect. (No spoilers!).
If you don't fall in love with Mikey Walsh after reading this book (and Gypsy Boy), then there's something missing in your life!