Profile for Skywalker > Reviews

Content by Skywalker

Skywalker

Page: 1 | 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, 25 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Anjunabeats Volume 11 (Audio CD)
The last issue (Vol. 10) was a little bit disappointing, but the Vol. 11 is really good. I was worried about Ajunabeats, because the ABGT radio show was sometimes not so good (too much overbeated tracks). The best tracks from Vol. 10 was "You got to believe" and "L.A.", but for the Vol. 11 is really hard to say. The first CD is more progressive, I like this so much. Perfect beginning and it continues to the end. The second CD is good as well and of course I like the mash ups.
Thanks for the producers to make this compilation possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Volume 11 is really good!, 16 Jun. 2014
The last issue (Vol. 10) was a little bit disappointing, but the Vol. 11 is really good. I was worried about Ajunabeats, because the ABGT radio show was sometimes not so good (too much overbeated tracks). The first CD is more progressive, I like this so much. Perfect beginning and it continues to the end. The second CD is good as well and of course I like the mash ups.
Thanks for the producers to make this compilation possible.

Anjunadeep 05 - Mixed by Jody Wisternoff and James Grant
Anjunadeep 05 - Mixed by Jody Wisternoff and James Grant

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 24 July 2013
I was waiting so long for this fifth issue, because all issues were up to now magnificent. Unfortunately, the fifth issue is average and just only few highlights are present.
The first CD starts good and becomes more and more boring, but to the end going better. This is also valid for the second CD. At the beginning really good and only the end becomes the best. Anjunadeep 05 sounds too much to usual Deep House CDs, unfortunately.
I don't know what happens with the label Anjuna this year, because the quality of the Compilations going down.

Here are my favorites.
CD01: 01 - Cardigan / 06 - Osheen / 13 - Way You Know / 14 - It's Cool (Andrew Bayer & James Grant Remix) / 15 - Symbols
CD02: 01 - Ich Lass' Dich Nicht Zurück (Jody Wisternoff Remix) / 13 - Only You / 14 - Move Into Tokyo Dawn (Jody Wisternoff's
Deep 05 Blend)

In Search of Sunrise 11 - Las Vegas
In Search of Sunrise 11 - Las Vegas

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best ISOS!, 15 Jun. 2013
I really have to say this issue belongs to the best ISOS. The CDs are packed with really good titles. Where other big Compilations (e.g. Anjunabeats 10) has failed, makes ISOS 11 everything right. Summer feeling Tracks, gentle moods, great singers. That what stay for ISOS.
Listen and enjoy.

In Search Of Sunrise 10 [Australia]
In Search Of Sunrise 10 [Australia]

2.0 out of 5 stars CD3 is a BIG BAD JOKE!!!, 11 July 2012
The CD3 competition for ISOS 10 Australia was a big opportunity for all DJs/ Fans Worldwide.

According to the rules:
Quote: "If you fancy the sound of it, here's what you need to do. Gather together your favourite tracks from ISOS' 1- 9 (that gives you close to 200 weapons to choose from) and work them into your perfect, immaculate In Search Of Sunrise [...]"
Yes, favourite tracks from ISOS 1-9 (almost 200 weapons)!?

And the result of the third CD ignored the ISOS 1-4 and the biggest disappointing of this year 2012 so far. You will not find the best non forgotten tracks of the Trance History. Where are the tracks like?
BT - The force of gravity, York - The reachers of civilization, Way Out West - Mindcircus, Tiesto - In my memory, Rui Da Silva - Touch me, Coca & Villa - La noche, Kamaya Painters - Far from over, Salt Tank - Eugina (Michael Woods Remix), Andain - Summer calling (Josh Gabriel Mix), Allure - The loves we lost, Paul Oakenfold - Southern Sun and many more!
I am asking WHY?? Black Hole Recordings, WHY?? What was the reason for choosing this worst mix from Thomas Mengel. This is really poor! I cannot say anything else.

OK, back to the first and second CD.
The first CD begins horrible "Velvet" is dreadful.... but the rest is good but included a little bit cheesy vocals. The second CD continuous (without vocals) but sometimes average.
I am really disappointing (CD3) because I expected the ISOS classical feeling. The first ISOS issues gave me everytime unique moments.
Black Hole Recordings is driven ISOS against the wall!

Above & Beyond Anjunabeats Volume 9
Above & Beyond Anjunabeats Volume 9

4.0 out of 5 stars I keep my smile!, 21 Nov. 2011
Wow! The CD One is fantastic and not average for sure. The beginning with "Tokyo"" is a really good start. The whole CD keeps my smile to the end. I start my day (to go work at the morning) with the Anjunabeats 9 and I feel a happy feeling inside me and other peoples in the bus/train are looking sad or mad but I am starting my day with a smile! For me is hard to say which track is my favourite (really hard, because CD one is full of great tracks).

Ok! But is exists another CD. The CD two is different as CD One and previous Anjunbeats. It starting with an Electro (?) track and going through with another Electro track (at the first time, I though... WTF!! But Mat Zo is just cool!! I have to say "New Vibe" is a good happy "Song"! Well done Jaytech! Andrew Bayer keeps again his great ability and produced with Molly Bancroft (greetings to Gabriel and Dresden) a fantastic tune.
Maybe CD two is changing the style a little bit too much... is not really Trance, but this is not a bad point. iPeople is a fantastic good track from Nitrous Oxide. Simple melody with a big effect.
However Anjunabeats 8 is not to beating but I knew it before.

Winter Kills
Winter Kills
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Voice, great Album!, 5 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Winter Kills (Audio CD)
What a great Album!!
So differently as another Trance/Dance/Down-Tempo Albums. Every Track has own story. Sometimes happy, sometimes thoughtfully, painful and sad. Oklahoma Town surrounded me full of sadness. If I close my eyes, I can feel the sadness front of me and I get this feeling, I would be there.
Ichabad is one of the creatively close-up title, I ever heard.
The arrangement of this Album is so brilliant, that each tiny sample got the perfect place....(good example is The Chauffeur).
And I thought "Group Therapy" is the best Album this year, but now I should change my opinion.
Please support this Album to keep this kind of music alive.

Thank you Meredith Call for your fantastic voice.

Group Therapy
Group Therapy

5.0 out of 5 stars True quality in trance music!, 2 July 2011
This review is from: Group Therapy (Audio CD)
Finally the new album of Above and Beyond. I was waiting so long and now I cannot believe my ears about the true quality in Trance music. Group Therapy produced with so much effort, feelings and perfection. I thought "Tri-state" is not to beat and this one could be a disappointment (in compare with tri-state), but its definitely not. Following is my assessment for each track. *poor - *****excellent.

1. Filmic**** a really good start
15. Eternal*** a little bit too short and the end of this track could be better

NORTHERN LIGHTS
NORTHERN LIGHTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Gareth Emery!!! This is Awesome!!!, 7 Oct. 2010
This review is from: NORTHERN LIGHTS (Audio CD)
After some first class own productions (e.g. Metropolis) and remixes (One a good Day) comes finally the long-awaited album "Northern Lights", probably derived from his origin Scotland. The album is just good, as I expected. As Gareth Emery has described it, the first half is progressive and the second half is uplifting trance. Each track is magnificent and absolutely produced with much effort. I was frightened first, because a lot of featuring" are included so that the tracks would be produced against his style, but this is not. Gareth Emery's style is to find in each track.

01 Star.
Sounds exactly the same as called. The work with Jerome Isma Ae is perfect.

02 El Segundo
Very melancholy and progressive track. I like this style.

03 Too Dark Tonight
Sung of his sister. Very beautiful piano melody, which becomes very effective in the last two minutes. Very beautifully and impressive.

04 Arrival
After the piano comes a flute (syrinx?) melody. Excellent, also particularly the Chorus and the Hook line! That makes the track something special.

05 Into the Light
The singing, voice and remainder are succeeded, perhaps too short.

06 Full Tilt
The track develops to an effect bomb with a quite interesting atmosphere. Just cool!

07 Sanctuary
Very beautiful lyrics and voice. Convinces!

08 Citadel
Gareth Emery in best form. You can hear some influences of Metropolis ".

09 Fight the Sunrise
Uplifiting trance track. A simple beautiful melody. I like the break down and also the gentle guitar melody.

10 All Is Now
The work with Activa is great, because you can hear Activa and GE at the same time. I like the last tones (the end is similar to the beginning of Above and Beyond's track "Hope").

Great job Gareth!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2011 7:34 PM BST

Anjunabeats Volume 8
Anjunabeats Volume 8

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Trance 3.0!, 11 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Anjunabeats Volume 8 (Audio CD)
After the last, a little bit disappointing seventh edition, comes an extremely fantastic edition.

CD 1 begins calmly. Oliver Smith is a top class producer and "Chordplay" it's more than a proof. Boom Jinx and Andrew Bayer put a stunning track afterwards. The Endorphins are dancing. A collaboration between Anjunabeats and Euphinc participates also, i.e. "Anphonic" (beautifully derived). And already again Andre Bayer, "From The Earth" (even if it is a remix). With this track, he shows his great abilities.
I would have never thought a fusion between "One A Good Day" and "Metropolis". Two separately already fantastic tracks come to one... just Wow!

CD2 The intro is one of the best I ever heard. With an appropriate equipment (5,1 Home cinema with high class speakers and with a matrix coded edition: PLIIx) rains extremely authentically from all channels in my living room. With "The Taxi Driver" he puts the level to the top. I cannot wait for the coming album. The Booklet gives you great information's about "the world of Anjunabeats". A highlight is the new single of Above and Beyond forthcoming album. The same great voice from the tri-state album.

The new remix to "Larry Mountains 54" and also "Alt F4" could not better.

Actually the new Anjunabeats gives the Trance Music a new standard.

Page: 1 | 2