Profile for Richard Page > Reviews

Content by Richard Page

Richard Page (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
BestFire Pocket Watch Black Roman Retro Vintage Quartz Pocket Watch Roman Numerals Steampunk Fob Watch
Offered by Best-Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 20 Jun. 2017
Delightful watch...I've always wanted one and this one is as cool as. Thanks

Blossom
Blossom

4.0 out of 5 stars Power energy and melody, 20 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Blossom (Audio CD)
I'm old. I took my daughter to Warped Vans tour and loved this guys set. There is more melody from the band than I first realised and the energy was great in all the songs. To be honest I wish they added the acoustic version of lost which he played live. Apart from that this CD had the same impact in terms of power as first time I heard never mind the.... excellent. Nice for an old guy like me to be excited by new music!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2016 11:46 AM BST

Electric
Electric

5.0 out of 5 stars rocking good news like a good red wine, 25 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Electric (Audio CD)
Never been a huge RT fan to be honest then I heard a little of dream attic and was hooked. What a guitarist. Great lyrics and a tight thumping band. Yes I may be too old to use cliches but some of the guitar style was almost Rory Gallaghesque. Perhaps what I most enjoyed was that Mr Thompson can switch from rocking out yet soulful songs Stuck on a Treadmill to the wistful Salford Sunday all in a breath. My Enemy is a great defiant song beautifully delivered. I have yet to find a filler on this CD - even the bonus disc works well - Tic Tac man is great fun - and we all know how useful bonus discs usually are ! Any way, I would hugely suggest you grab a listen - I'm off to see him play this week and can barely wait

Christiane F.
Christiane F.

5.0 out of 5 stars An up and down journey through Bowie & desolation, 2 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Christiane F. (Audio CD)
The film always haunted me, and would probably be an excellent anti-drugs message for all. From the train noise of station to Station to the disturbing, ghostly Sense of Doubt, this is a great slice of Bowie that is exciting, poppy, haunting and uplifting from track to track. Steal yourself to watch the film or at least listen to this

Different Gear, Still Speeding
Different Gear, Still Speeding

4.0 out of 5 stars More than just "Oasis without Noel", 2 Mar. 2011
A range of styles and a mix that seems to allow Liam's voice more space than more recent offerings than the other band they all used to be in. Indie rock, acoustic ballads, fast paced thrash songs, broad rock songs - it's all here on what is generally an uplifting listening experience (with the possible exception of For Anyone which is a little bland). Only criticism is that in the good old days of 33 rpm albums of 5 tracks on each side , they wouldnt have room for any fillers and this would have become a blistering debut. You can already imagine the songs player loud and live. Liam has beaten "our kid" to the punch in the post O band. Better than many would have hoped, and a welcome treat.

Let England Shake
Let England Shake

5.0 out of 5 stars Newbie to PJ Harvey and stunned !, 21 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Let England Shake (Audio CD)
Stunning. Simple effective and haunting. Bought this on the basis of a review in Mojo and listened to the cd 5 times straight so impressed was I with the quality of song writing, playing singing (with a slight nod to Siouxsie) and the overall effect which was simply stunning. Never heard anything by PJ Harvey before and this cd has left wanting more. Love most of it, admire the simplicity of the guitar playing, the ache and yearning - even avoids most of the normal war cliches. A tour de force of a record
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2011 6:58 PM BST

Modern Times
Modern Times
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars sounds like he'senjoying it !, 28 Aug. 2006
This review is from: Modern Times (Audio CD)
This review is considerably shorter than most of the songs on this fine collection of tracks and yet when filled with Bob's wonderful poetic language, the pleasure is merely extended.

There are some sumptuous guitar licks lurking beneath the surface and I found myself playing tracks over again to hear it. I wouldnt dare to try and place this CD in terms of his career but there is no-one like him. If I didn't know better and I don't, I'd say that he was smiling a lot when he recorded this album. Great enjoyable and wonderful . What more can I say?

England,Half English
England,Half English

5.0 out of 5 stars a grower, 26 Mar. 2002
This review is from: England,Half English (Audio CD)
Despite less obvious instant appeal than other albums, it gets better and better with each listen. I'm confused as to why Baby Faroukh is so slated - an up lifting pop song or isnt Billy allowed to write them? He bravely takes the national identity debate away from right wingers and Take Down the Union Jack should be at number 1 on june 4th rather than the Pistols. See the songs live and the album gets stronger - Some Days I See The Point is the best example of a song that improves with each listen.

Legend
Legend

5.0 out of 5 stars Compulsary Purchase, 5 Mar. 2002
This review is from: Legend (Audio CD)
My tape version of Legend finally gave out and it coincided with the Deluxe edition - despite some misgivngs the second disc is an excellent addition to my largeish BM catalogue - most of the remixes add depth to the familiar songs , the dub version of One Love an excellent finale. 2 remixes of waiting in vain seems odd - would have preferred a couple more dub versions of other songs instead. As for disc 1, my it still remains the best collection of his songs - Easy Skankin & Punky Reggae Party add to the well known hits - might have benefited from Survival instead but I'm splitting hairs. If you have 1 Love compilation this one might be double handling as it were - if you havent then Legend should be the next thing you buy. Now !

Babylon By Bus
Babylon By Bus

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive Vibrant Stunning, 29 Sept. 2001
This review is from: Babylon By Bus (Audio CD)
From the opening "Greetins in the name of"..lead into Positive Vibration through to infectious Jammin', this CD makes up for all those who never got the chance to see him live. Longer than the earlier "Live " this takes in the Clash inspired "Punky Reggae Party" to the challenge to Lively Up Yourself. I defy anyone to listen to this and resist the urge to dance along. Or at least smile. The world was a darker place after he died but his legacy will always live on.

Page: 1 | 2