Profile for Linda Vieth > Reviews

Linda Vieth

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit
Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit

2.0 out of 5 stars Author read first page which I really liked so I bought book, 23 Sept. 2014
Heard about this book on Radio 4 recently, Author read first page which I really liked so I bought book. Was absolutely disappointed as I know this book was an iconic book of its time. At least I can say I read it.

No Time For Goodbye
No Time For Goodbye

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping book, 21 Aug. 2014
A real page turner, I could not put this book down.

The Story Sisters
The Story Sisters

4.0 out of 5 stars a page turner, 29 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Story Sisters (Kindle Edition)
I chose this rating as I wanted to keep on reading until the end of the story, hoping to find out the mystery of what had happened to Elv as a young girl. I imagined the ending would explain everything but was slightly let down but would still recommend this book to friends.

Sarum
Sarum

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful insight into our past, 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Sarum (Kindle Edition)
This book starts as the ice melts over Great Britain and then goes forth through history with a storyline attached. It is a page turner and I have really learnt so much about the history of our country and about Salisbury. A long, but very very interesting book.

It Gets Better After Cairo
It Gets Better After Cairo
by Trudy Culross

4.0 out of 5 stars It really does get better after Cairo, 5 Mar. 2014
As the books title claims "It get better after Cairo", the first part of the book with its revelations about the author's life before she goes on her travels makes you think that the whole book will continue in this vein portraying her sexual exploits. Once her travels begin it is a wonderfully descriptive travelogue of the many places she visits with the odd romantic interlude thrown in. On the whole I enjoyed the book.

The Shock of the Fall
The Shock of the Fall

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book, 14 Feb. 2014
I chose this rating because I was somehow expecting more from a Costa prize winner. Perhaps my expectations were too high. I enjoyed the book though.

Whitethorn
Whitethorn

5.0 out of 5 stars A page turner, 14 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Whitethorn (Kindle Edition)
It takes a little while to get into the book but then you can't put it down. Our book club liked it.

The Hare With Amber Eyes: A Hidden Inheritance
The Hare With Amber Eyes: A Hidden Inheritance

5.0 out of 5 stars a really interesting book, 24 Jan. 2014
I would definitely recommend this book, I have learnt so very much about a Jewish family and about the two World wars, which were not classed as history when I was at school.
A truly interesting book.

The Holiday Home
The Holiday Home

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, 14 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Holiday Home (Kindle Edition)
In the summer I like to read summery books and this one is about a family's holiday home but there is also more to it.

New Beginnings
New Beginnings

4.0 out of 5 stars A good easy read, 14 Jan. 2014
This review is from: New Beginnings (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book and went on to read more of Fern's books, I await the next book that she decides to write.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9