Profile for Mr. N. S. Matthews > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Victorinox 2-4 Layer Leather Pouch for Officer's Knife  - Leather, Brown
Victorinox 2-4 Layer Leather Pouch for Officer's Knife - Leather, Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite up to Victorinox usual standard., 20 May 2017
I have to say. Every Victorinox knife I've bought I've also bought a genuine Victorinox case for it.
They've all been made with the painstaking quality of their awesome knives. Sadly this one is not. It is German made, which is a positive attribute, it is nice quality oiled leather, but its just NOT at the quality I've come to expect of Victorinox Cases. I paid a tenner on Amazon Uk and it's worth that. But it's certainly not worth the £17 that Victorinox charge on their site.
Just little details like the velcro patch not being aligned with the stitching and the metal Victorinox badge on the front isn't straight are little niggling things. I'm not being geeky here it's just having bought several of their cases over the years and those being spot on, this one is a little disappointing as it didn't meet the usual quality I've come to expect of Victorinox.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Deyard Y-05 Protective Waterproof Housing Case 35 in 1 Accessories Bundle for Xiaomi 4K/4K+ Action Camera 2
Offered by DeyardDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it!, 7 Sept. 2016
So far I've used the selfie stick, the rubber case and lens cap and I've checked out the waterproof case.
They're all awesome! I can't believe the high quality of these items.
They arrived the next day after delivery also. There are so many attachments in the bag I've not got my head around them all yet but on first inspection pretty much all the main action applications of this camera seem to be met. I thought it would be mainly cheap tat! I was completely wrong! Don't hesitate to buy this pack if you've a yi 2. Thanks guys 😁

Garmin Fenix 3 GPS Multisport Watch with Outdoor Navigation with Heart Rate Monitor - Silver
Offered by HDEW Extra

3.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive fitness and navigating watch but the Bluetooth works so infrequently as to be useless!., 18 Jan. 2016
*update after 6 months use*

The watch is good build quality. However the red strap shows up year marks pretty quick.
I have so many problems with the blue tooth which is hit and miss with connecting to my phone on android. It won't sync until it's connected by blue tooth. So if you want to upload your workouts by your phone it's that consistently poor I would forget that feature of it. So if you don't mind the inconvenience of having to connect to your lap top after every work out this is perfect for you. If like me you expect that after paying several hundred quid that it should all work properly then forget it and buy something for less money.
It works well as a fitness tracker though. My only complaint is the blue tooth connection and I've yet to find support for it. I'm up to date with all the software updates too. So due to. If blue tooth epic failure I'm knocking it down to 3 stars. Without blue tooth connectivity I'd only want to pay same as a fit bit surge to be fair.
Shame garmin can't be bothered to put some trouble shooting videos on YouTube instead of if tutorials.?
So far this device is amazing. The question is not what does it do but what DOESN'T it do? I've only had it a week but I wear it every day and during the night when I sleep and it's giving me great insights into my actual activity rather than what I think it is. I'm planning a little adventure very soon where I will compare it's navigating ability against my Magellan hand held GPS. Also I'll test it on my bike wrist worn and with the bike mount I've bought. The heart rate monitor with the chest strap is brilliant and very accurate. I've got polar cs 200 which I've compared this with and the monitor consistently out performs the polar. It's more comfy to wear too.
Being able to read text messages from my phone is handy too especially at work when it's not always appropriate to get my phone out. I considered the fit bit surge yet I was put off by mixed reviews which were confusing. The fenix 3 is awesome and I see it's potential in the coming months as I learn more how to use it. Amazing! Buy it!

The Power
The Power

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing book., 18 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Power (Kindle Edition)
If you've read jerry and ester hicks vortex book this is the book that will cause everything to fall into place and enable you to fully understand the law of attraction and help empower you to live your most amazing life you truly deserve. Just buy it. It's got quotes throughout from historic figures which shows to me that the secrets of the law of attraction have been kept secret by an elite few for thousands of years. They have however left clues because to completely keep it a secret is to invite negativity into your life. Just read it. It will empower you to change your life.

Lowepro Vertex 200 AW Photo/ 15.4" Notebook Backpack For Digital SLR & 4-6 Lenses - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kit bag which is extremely versatile., 18 Jan. 2016
Amazing quality item with awesome storage space. Pockets for every piece of kit you'll need. Includes three tripod stowage straps. One each side and one on the back. It's designed for proper hiking trips where only the best bag will do. It will hold two DSLRs with medium telephoto lenses fitted. The straps are very high quality and the waist and chest straps are of the proper hiking type with great padding. It's got a water proof cover included. This would suit a short exped where you could pack a DSLR with four lenses and strap your lightweight mountain tent, a tripod and a narrow dry pack to it and pack some compact cooking kit. Water and rolled up compact clothing and underwear in it and ration pack style food for a couple of days. I'm going to do just that with it this year so watch this space.
I've several lowepro storage bags and lens cases etc and they're all brilliant. I won't buy anything else now for adventure photography.

The Vortex: Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships
The Vortex: Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my life forever., 18 Jan. 2016
What can I say? This book changed my life. I've gifted copies to two friends since and it has changed their lives too. If you're reading this you're already lucky enough to have learned or started to learn the importance of mindset. So just buy it.

Michael Kors Womens Jet Set Logo Tote Brown (Brown)
Michael Kors Womens Jet Set Logo Tote Brown (Brown)

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife loved this., 18 Jan. 2016
I bought this bag for my wife as one of her birthday gifts. She loves it.
From my own observations it's very high quality with plenty of storage pockets and high quality zips that don't snag when you use them. That's as much as I picked up from being shown it by my very excited wife. If you want to treat your partner to something very special get her this. I am pretty sure you'll be treated to something else special yourself when she receives one of these 😉
I bought her the matching large zip around purse for Christmas too which is also great quality. I thought my wife was going to wet herself when she opened the purse. Micheal Kors products are of fantastic quality if you've never bought them before so as long as you buy a genuine item you can be assured of the finest quality.

Petzl Tikka Head Lamp - One Size, Black
Petzl Tikka Head Lamp - One Size, Black
Offered by Ultimate-Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars Great head torch from a great brand that won't break the bank., 18 Jan. 2016
I broke my last tikka 2 and replaced it with this. It's spot on and makes me wonder why I spent so much on a tikka 2 before. The only thing I miss from the tikka 2 is the red night vision light. This one doesn't have it. Great product though with great beam projection and comfy to wear. It has a luminescent thing in the middle which glows after you've used the light so if you put it down in the dark after you've switched it off you can find it. Buy it.

SLX Gold digiTop Amplified High Performance Indoor Aerial for TV (UHF/Freeview), FM Radio, DAB Radio, Wideband

4.0 out of 5 stars An indoor tv aerial that actually works., 18 Jan. 2016
At last. An indoor aerial that works. Point in the direction of the nearest tv mast and that's it. It's great on about 90 per cent of avaliable free view channels and the picture is clear and sound good quality too. I'd have given it four stars if it had got all the chanels. To be fair it was only a few like cbs and and a few others I don't watch I couldn't get. All the BBC, itv and channel 4 broadcasts I can get. I've tried one for all four aerials before which are poor if you live in a low signal area. This is cheaper and does the job well.

AKG K430 MKII Comfortable On-Ear Headphones with Intergrated Volume Control - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply amazing!, 5 Dec. 2015
OMG! These headphones are simply amazing! Engaging, fantastic punchy controlled and powerful bass. Perfect treble with no distortion at all even at high volumes. The musical separation is perfect. They keep up with dance and trance without any problems. No booming bass and perfectly timed.

I have have several pairs of sennheisers, a pair of klipsch and Denon headphones costing three times more and they are not a patch on these.

Absolutely brilliant. A snip at 30 quid. Great build quality and a neat little neoprene case to carry them. Well done AKG and unbeatable value and service as ever from amazon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5