Profile for Slaine > Reviews

Content by Slaine

Slaine "angel20024"

Funko Pop! Vinyl Bobblehead - Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy -Dancing Groot
Funko Pop! Vinyl Bobblehead - Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy -Dancing Groot
Offered by The Marketplace Online UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Even looks happy when you knock him over", 28 Feb. 2015
He my amuses wife's my work colleagues, two of them thought he was real and were then disappointed when they found out he wasn't. Worryingly she works in a lab full of biologists.

The Man in the High Castle - Season 1
The Man in the High Castle - Season 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book adapted really well, 23 Jan. 2015
Excellent stuff, a really strong introduction into this compelling story. I love the source material and the cast and crew here are doing a fantastic job of bringing that to life. More please!!!

Kindle Paperwhite (6th generation), 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

4.0 out of 5 stars Touch is good but usability is better, 8 Nov. 2014
A great device let down by the removal of the side buttons for side scrolling. Having to swipe or touch the screen makes it much more difficult to use with one hand. As I read and walk on the way to work I'm often carrying a bag in the other hand this makes it a lot less useful than my old keyboard model which is now sadly deceased.

BLUETOOTH STEREO 3.5 HEADSET
BLUETOOTH STEREO 3.5 HEADSET

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, but doesn't work, 10 April 2012
Working fine when it arrived, unfortunately after the battery ran dry it's seemed incapable of taking a charge and is now just a lump of plastic.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2012 4:47 PM BST

Institute Benjamenta (Extraordinary Classics)
Institute Benjamenta (Extraordinary Classics)
by Robert Walser

2.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but not compelling, 25 Sept. 2010
I suspect that this went over my head I've read many classics and found them just as interesting and engaging as everyone always claimed they were, the outdated prose and and insight into the culture of the past adding to the experience. Unfortunately the sense of difference was all I got from this book, the apparent lack of plot direction left me struggling to finish a very short book. I didn't engage with the protagonist and found his rapier wit and insight somewhat lacking. It may have made a lot more sense when written and captured the cultural zeitgeist and if so I wish I'd read it then.

Penguin Readers Level 2: Of Mice And Men (Penguin Longman Penguin Readers)
Penguin Readers Level 2: Of Mice And Men (Penguin Longman Penguin Readers)
by John Steinbeck

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer Genius, 9 Mar. 2006
I was 'forced' to read this book as part of my GCSE's a good 15 years ago, and even thinking about this book still chokes me up a little. It is simply a fantastic story I cannot recommend it enough. In fact I'm only on this page today to buy a copy for my girlfriend who has never read it. She was forced to read Shakespeare and Chaucer as the poor girl went to a grammar school and so her education suffered.

The Sinister Urge
The Sinister Urge

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not Hellbilly standard, 7 Jan. 2002
This review is from: The Sinister Urge (Audio CD)
Whilst Hellbilly was one of the finest albums of the last decade, urge is not! thats not to say it doesn't have its good parts, Feel so numb is a great song but most of the album feels a little less "Zombie" and merges in with the rest of heavy goth rock, Marilyn et al. Still I'd say buy this one but if the next album isn't better this is one Zombie fan who may find himself turning elsewhere for his musical buzz