Profile for Cat Lover50 > Reviews

Content by Cat Lover50

Cat Lover50 "gadgetmadperson" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Eddingtons Ceramic Bread Keeper
Eddingtons Ceramic Bread Keeper
Offered by Harts Of Stur

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me...., 3 May 2017
I used this in an airtight container as other reviewers advised but it turned the bread mouldy within a couple of days so I promptly sent it back as it's not fit for purpose.

Not sure about soaking it in water either before use. This just seems to make the mould worse.....

Rio 3-in-1 Lady Shaver Epilator and PEDI Hard Skin Remover
Rio 3-in-1 Lady Shaver Epilator and PEDI Hard Skin Remover

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little epilator, 3 May 2017
Good little epilator. Nothing too fancy and is a bit more painful than my very expensive Braun but then it was a quarter of the price so I am not surprised.

Seems to hold a charge well and good value.

DYLON Machine Dye, Powder, Toffee Brown
DYLON Machine Dye, Powder, Toffee Brown
Offered by The Quilted Bear Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Colour nothing like the packet....., 3 May 2017
I used this to dye a pure white dressing gown and it has completely ruined it. I ended up with the most awful terracotta colour (tinged with orange - ugh!) and, frankly, it has ruined my robe (that was purchased from The White Company) so I am not very pleased.

I was extremely careful, weighed the item accordingly and followed the instructions to the letter, however, toffee brown it was not and the gown looks awful and has gone in the bin.

Caveat emptor!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2017 8:56 AM BST

Wax Lyrical Provence Lavender 250ml Reed Diffuser Refill Oil
Wax Lyrical Provence Lavender 250ml Reed Diffuser Refill Oil
Offered by Love the Lakes

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 28 Mar. 2017
I use diffusers all the time but this refill just didn't do the job. No proper smell and didn't last well at all. Avoid.

PetSafe Drinkwell Mini Pet Fountain
PetSafe Drinkwell Mini Pet Fountain

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of time, money and effort. Avoid., 28 Mar. 2017
I completely agree with the other reviewers about this item. There is obviously a serious design fault as, not only does it leak water on the floor, but the motor and/or plug gives up the ghost after a few short weeks and stops pumping water. The plug makes a very worrying buzzing noise when plugged in too. Amazon has been absolutely fantastic and has replaced this blasted thing three times for me but, frankly, I am now giving up with it as it just doesn't do the job and isn't fit for purpose.

As other reviewers have also said, it does make a lot of noise - there are all sorts of rattles and gurgles coming from the unit, which meant that I could not leave it on at night as it was so noisy - complete waste of time and money.

COOSA UFO Shape Power Strip,2500W, 10A Multi-Outlets Power Cord with 5 UK Plugs and 2 USB Ports Smart USB Charger for Home/Office Power Protection(5 Outlet with 2 USB Output)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good item, good value, 22 Mar. 2017
Looks very smart this power strip and is also extremely stable as it sits firmly on the floor or furniture. Lots of plugs and USB ports too. Good value.

KEEP CALM AND LOVE YOUR BENGAL Fridge Magnet with a picture of a cute Bengal Cat. A unique Birthday or Christmas stocking filler gift for a Bengal Cat Lover.
Offered by HospitalityQuality

1 X Natural 100% Cotton Traditional Como Blanket Home Sofa Bed Throw - 127 x 152cm
Offered by Super Utensil Ltd.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, particularly if you own pets!, 22 Mar. 2017
Beware if you have cats! I have and duly put this on my chair but, within a day, he had started to pull and tear at the threads and the thing looked an absolute mess. It's not great quality anyway and was smaller than described so I have returned it.

Unfortunately, when you have pets in the house, these kinds of throws are not suitable. I have since gone for a flatter, woven throw which even my beast cannot scratch!

Tetra APS50 Air Pump
Tetra APS50 Air Pump

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a 30L Biorb......, 5 Dec. 2016
This review is from: Tetra APS50 Air Pump (Misc.)
I wish I had read the other reviews on here and bought one of these ages ago. I have a 30L Biorb Life and was constantly having to lift up the bubble tube, clear the airline and blow through it to make sure it worked properly because its bubble output was woeful. In addition, the Biorb pump supplied is totally inadequate for the task (which is possibly why Biorbs get such bad press) and is extremely noisy (like other reviewers, I found its constant hum very loud and annoying).

Anyway, got one of these, attached the non-return valve supplied with the tank and it is bubbling away like a charm with absolutely no noise at all.

As I said, should have got one ages ago.....

Swan SU4010GRN Triangular Sweeper - Green
Swan SU4010GRN Triangular Sweeper - Green

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great...., 22 Aug. 2016
I don't like this item very much. The head moves about all the time and, unfortunately, when it gets full, it does leak dust and dirt everywhere. I also think that, because of its shape, it is difficult to empty it into the bin, particularly if you have a bin that has a small aperture, so just to be aware of that.

Also, and after only 1.5 years' very light use (there's just me and my cat at home), the charging light no longer works so it's really hard to tell whether it's charged or not. It's not great at picking up cat hairs either actually, it tends to spew them out again!

Consequently, I am binning this (if you'll pardon the pun) and buying something more robust and fit for purpose. Not for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12