Profile for Alexandra J Airey > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Hygge Holiday: The warmest, funniest, cosiest romantic comedy of 2017
The Hygge Holiday: The warmest, funniest, cosiest romantic comedy of 2017

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 23 Oct. 2017
I needed a funny, gentle, cozy book and that is what I got. I loved the characters and want to move to the village! I really enjoyed it.

Drag Queen Coloring Book: Adult Color Therapy: Featuring Rupaul, Alaska Thunderf*ck, Lil' Poundcake, Jinkx Monsoon, Alyssa Edwards, Detox, Kim Chi, ... Andrews From Rupaul's Drag Race: Volume 1
by M Cryptkeeper

3.0 out of 5 stars Gloriously awful, 23 Jun. 2017
I bought this as a bad taste present for a fan of the show, so I'm really pleased. The paper is good quality, but there are two of the same picture throughout. It might have been more fun to have two different pictures of our favourite queens. Given how basic the line drawings are I'm sure M Cryptkeeper could have given us more variety.

5-a-day For Kids Made Easy: Quick and easy recipes and tips to feed your child more fruit and vegetables and convert fussy eaters

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite patronising and not what I expected., 22 Jun. 2017
From the "made easy" I had thought this was a 'hidden'/'secret' veg type book, it isn't. Getting my child to eat a visible vegetable is far from easy. Essentially, it's just a cookbook and not a great one at that. There are quite a few recipes, which is why I've given 2 stars; but as I have quite a range of cookbooks I haven't learnt anything new. There aren't any pictures and it doesn't have a new recipe per page, so finding a recipe isn't easy on Kindle.
There are also some really patronising sections. In particular, 'snacks' annoyed me - it provides a list of fruits! I'd hope most parents would consider that.
I shall not be looking at this again.

Lift-the-Flap Opposites by Melisande Luthringer (2015-04-01)
Lift-the-Flap Opposites by Melisande Luthringer (2015-04-01)

4.0 out of 5 stars A well read book, 12 Jun. 2017
My daughter and I enjoy reading this one together. The flaps are fun and occasionally amusing. There are a few opposites I personally wouldn't put together, but that gives opportunity to teach alternatives.

Finding First Animals (My Little World)
Finding First Animals (My Little World)
by Libby Walden

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book., 12 Jun. 2017
Initially, this was a book we found at the library and it was so loved by my daughter we had to have our own copy. It is one of her favourites, read daily and is often one she will 'read' to herself. There are lots of flaps to explore and they are robust enough to not worry about tearing. Every other double page is a big scene - the home, the wood, the farm, the jungle - and on those pages you can also use it as a search and find book. The other pages provide words for animal sounds, their homes and words to show the difference between baby and adult animals.

Finding First Words and More! (My Little World)
Finding First Words and More! (My Little World)
by Libby Walden

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun book, 12 Jun. 2017
This book, and first animals, are a big hit with my 2 year old, she looks at them both every day. The pictures are vibrant and there are a good number of flaps on each page. However, there is one badly placed flap that gets caught on another, so it has made a rip/dent in it.

Girls Toddler Baby Magical Fairy Pink or Red Crochet Top & Multi Coloured Tutu & Wing Set (2 - 4 Yrs, Pink)
Offered by Misshoneypennys

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but generous, 14 April 2017
This is a great fairy costume. My 2 year old daughter loves it. Sadly the tutu is very big on her and it just falls down. Luckily, I can sew enough to take it in a bit.

Moving
Moving

4.0 out of 5 stars A good 'easy read'., 25 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Moving (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the multiple narrators, and the storylines are interesting and intertwine well. I knocked a star off as there is an upper-class 'toff' element to the story that was very alien to me - this is my first Eclair read, I don't know if that's her 'thing' - but it acted as an insight into how the other half live!

What's That Sound? Classical Music (Musical Sound Book)
What's That Sound? Classical Music (Musical Sound Book)
by Yoyo Books

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice intro to classical music., 9 Nov. 2015
Nice little book. Some of the sound clips stop a bit abruptly and if I was being really picky the creatures in the illustration are not playing the instrument that you can hear being played.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Baby Touch: Tummy Time
Baby Touch: Tummy Time
by Ladybird

5.0 out of 5 stars The book made a big difference., 15 July 2015
My daughter, currently 4 months, used to hate tummy time. Would cry within minutes. With the use of the book, she's looking up and reaching. I might go as far to say that she enjoys it now!
Comment Comment | Permalink