Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Sheffield, S Yorks United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Fly London Stif, Women's Biker Boots, Gray - GREY,  38EU (5 UK)
Fly London Stif, Women's Biker Boots, Gray - GREY, 38EU (5 UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!, 23 Oct. 2014
I often have problems finding boots to fit as I have a high instep and sometimes struggle to get my feet into boots, nevermind fasten them up. The strap fastenings on these mean that they're easy to get on and off and really adjustable. They open really wide if needed and tighten up around your feet to give a lovely fit. I'm really pleased with them so far and hopeful that they'll be great for the autumn and winter weather. They're the first pair of boots I've owned where I've thought about buying the same style again in a different colour!

Hush Puppies Vivianna Women's Boots
Hush Puppies Vivianna Women's Boots
Price: £54.99 - £89.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely boots but..., 23 Oct. 2014
Beautiful boots. I was so excited to order them and when they arrived they were gorgeous. Unfortunately, I couldn't even zip up one of the boots and had to return them. They did seem like a nice fit at the front of the shoe but because the laces are only decorative there was no way to adjust them and zip them over my high step.

The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles Book 1): The Red Pyramid
The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles Book 1): The Red Pyramid

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 21 April 2013
I think it is amazing because there is lots of adventure and makes you fell like it is real. I LOVE it.

Medium Puppet Buddie Girl (Olive Skin Tone)
Medium Puppet Buddie Girl (Olive Skin Tone)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 28 May 2012
I bought 2 of these, a boy and a girl and they are lovely. I have a 1 year old and an 8 year old and both of their faces lit up when they saw them. I'm looking forward to lots of play and reading stories together. These are a great size to sit on your knee, and my 8 year old can use it easily too. The photo makes this girl puppet look like she's got no hair, but she's got a lovely long plait of hair.

The Puppet Company Puppet Buddies Medium Boy Hand Puppet with Olive Skin Tone

Sewing School: 21 Sewing Projects Kids Will Love to Make
by Amie Plumley
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for building sewing confidence, 15 Dec. 2011
I bought this for my 8 year old who wants to learn to sew. She has been very enthusiastic and has made several of the projects so far. She's really keen to be independant and this book is great for that. The instructions are clear, and the projects are achievable by kids of this age, even on their own.

She can sometimes get discouraged when things don't look exactly right. The realistic pictures in this book are really helping to build her confidence with hand sewing as her finished items look like the ones shown. She's already planning her next project and we're starting to build up a sewing kit of her own (so she can stop stealing mine!)

Naty by Nature Babycare Eco Rash Cream 100 ml - Pack of 2
Naty by Nature Babycare Eco Rash Cream 100 ml - Pack of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Not greasy, effective and easily absorbed, 15 Dec. 2011
This cream is the best thing I've found to use on my son. The usual creams for nappy rash are either thick or greasy. This is a very light cream which absorbs really quickly into his skin. He doesn't often get rash, but when he does this is the stuff that clears it up. The other creams don't work well for us. I've even used it on little patches of dry skin elsewhere and it works really well.

Some creams can stain cloth nappies. We haven't had any problems with this cream at all and I would highly recommend it.

The Craft Library: Knitted Toys
The Craft Library: Knitted Toys
by Zoe Mellor

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous toys, small print, 15 Dec. 2011
This is a reprint and contains all of the same patterns which appear in the previous edition. There's nothing new to add so it's not worth updating if you already have the original version. This version is quite a lot smaller (18.5x20cm) than the original and so the print is small. The charts are the same size (I think) as the originals and there's a single page at the back of the book to explain how to use them (which is new).

That being said, the toys are gorgeous. I've made the monkey for my son, and the cat pyjama case for my daughter. Instructions are sparse when there are charts, and if you need help with knitting basics then you'll need to look elsewhere. However, my toys look like the ones in the pictures and I'm very happy with the variety of things in the book. The toys get 5 stars, but if I was looking for simple, beginner patterns I'd be disappointed. There is lots of intarsia.

I'm definately going to be making more and I would recommend this book to people who are fairly confident knitters, or who are happy to use other sources for basics.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2012 1:57 PM GMT

Panasonic SD-2500 WXC Automatic Breadmaker with Gluten Free Program, White
Panasonic SD-2500 WXC Automatic Breadmaker with Gluten Free Program, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Problems at first but now very happy, 15 Dec. 2011
I bought this, on the strength of other reviews, to replace an old Morphy Richards that we had been using daily. In honesty, I came very close to sending this back during the first couple of weeks as every loaf came out slightly different. The loaves were often sunken in the middle and I had to reduce the fluid in the recipes to get a useable loaf.

I was bitterly disappointed not to be producing the consistent tasty loaves that everyone else seemed to be getting. I tried several different brands of flour (Morrisons, Asda, Tesco, Lidl etc) and they all gave me similar results. Then I bought a bag of Marriages bread flour and everything seemed to click into place. The problem was the flour, not the machine.

I now use the bread machine daily and we have used several of the recipes in the book with great success (without needing to modify the liquid quantities). I use it to make loaves, pizza and dough for breadcakes. I haven't bought any shop bread since we started using this flour.

If you are having problems I would suggest trying a stronger bread flour as the difference it made was amazing and I would replace this with the same model (or maybe the 2501) if it broke down.

VTech Sleepy Bear Digital Baby Monitor
VTech Sleepy Bear Digital Baby Monitor

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but battery hungry, 15 Dec. 2011
I bought this monitor before my son was born as it looked so cute! When he arrived we used it a few times and had to replace the batteries every time. It was only on for a couple of hours each time (maybe less, as he is/was a terrible sleeper!). Initially I thought I had been forgetting to turn it off, so I was very careful the next few times, but it didn't make a difference.

I was asked by Amazon to contact VTech before sending it back as it was over their 30 day returns period, and the Vtech helpline said it might be faulty, but might also just be normal - they seemed to know it eats batteries and you are expected to use Duracell etc rather than Kodak/Phillips/other cheaper batteries. I did return it to Amazon as faulty as it just wasn't useable/reliable.

It's worth knowing that the monitor doesn't broadcast constantly. It switches on when your baby makes a noise. When I bought it this wasn't clear in the description and for a new baby I wasn't really happy that it would pick up noise soon enough.

We replaced ours with a Tomy digital monitor which has been brilliant.

Page: 1 | 2