Profile for rw > Reviews

rw

Samsung U600 Sim Free Mobile Phone
Samsung U600 Sim Free Mobile Phone

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, reliable mobile!, 12 April 2008
I have owned this phone for over six months now and have never had one single problem with it. Personally, I love the way it looks, and the way it is all set out. I thought it was all a bit confusing at first, my previous phone having been a Motorola L7. But I soon got used to it.
Posotives:-
*The camera is much better than what I expected, with 3.2 megapixels.
*Has a memory card slot to expand the memory.
* In six or seven months it has never frozen.
*In spite of having dropped it onto hard surfaces on several occasions (I am a rather clumsy person) it has no chips or scuffs.
*The battery life, in my opinion, is pretty good.
Negatives:-
*The sound quality isn't wonderful. Using the headphones, however, improves it.
*You can't buy your own headpones. You have to use the ones that come with it.
Overall, I think it is worth it's price. I know that not a lot of people think as much of it as I do, but I guess that is just their opinion. I am glad I bought it.

Motorola SLVR L7 Red (Special Edition) Camera Phone - Video Mp3 Bluetooth, Memory Card Slot

5.0 out of 5 stars Very reliable and looks cool, 10 Oct. 2007
I have had this phone for a year now. It has been very good and has never(and i MEAN never) let me down. The battery life is good. I can keep mine on for over two weeks, using it a lot. Its very reliable. I dropped it three times and it never went funny. Only thing is, there is a small fault with the phonebook...I think this is just my phone having a faulty connection somehwere, so don't let it put you off.
For VGA, I thought the camera was pretty good. Its no sony cybershot of course, and it doesn't have a flash, but it still has 4X zoom, and variable light settings. The videos aren't perfect. The longest video length is around 30 seconds, depending on the light conditions. And the quality isn't great, but it never really mattered to me.
The phone has bluetooth which can pick up a signal from 100 metres away. No infrared though, but this hasn't been a problem for me.
Mine came with 2 java games : Crazy and Rebels. These are pretty fun and of course you can download more if you tire of them.
Music wise- well, although it is an mp3 phone, there's only enough memory on the phone to store one song. BUT DON'T PANIC!!! You can expand the memory with a memory card of up to 2 gigabytes, so you can have like loads of songs and pictures. The sound quality is good.
Minus points are that it has no radio or infrared, and the camera isn't fantastic.But, I think its definitely worth buying. My phone's worn well for a year, only a few scuffs. Good phone.

Rebecca (Virago Modern Classics)
Rebecca (Virago Modern Classics)
by Daphne Du Maurier

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite Book Ever, 19 Sept. 2007
Oh, my God. This book is the best book I have read in my life, and I have read quite a lot of books. Before I continue, I just want to say that whoever does not like it is quite mad- no offence.
The mystery surrounding this novel makes it gripping from the beginning. I thought the emotions of the un-named heroin were very well described, and I could imagine just how she felt, lonely and out of place.
As well as all the mystery there is comedy. For example, the outrageous Mrs Van Hopper at the beginning of the book. She made me laugh out loud at some points.
There were some creepy parts to the story. When Rebecca's boat was found with a body in it I went cold all over. And when Maxim was explaining to the un-named heroine about his relationship with Rebecca, and the reason she died, I could not put the book down.
And of course, there was one last shock and mystery to Rebecca. This mystery keeps you guessing for a very long time. Of course I can't say what happens, it would spoil the book. But what I will say is this: Read it, you won't regret it.
*****

Wintersmith (Discworld Novels)
Wintersmith (Discworld Novels)
by Sir Terry Pratchett

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book ever, 22 July 2007
The little blue men are back! In this book, Tiffany Aching is living with Miss Treason, who is 113 years old. After going to see the Dark Morris(the opposite of a morris dance) and not being able to control her feet, Tiffany finds herself the new goddess of summer. Which is a bit of a burden when you're only 13. How can she put things right again? The older witches aren't much help. Neither are the Feegles, although they try to be! They add a lot of humour to this witty book.
The god of winter is in love with Tiffany and wants to marry her. He makes giant ice sculpteres of her, puts her picture on every single snow flake, makes ice roses for her, writes her name on people's windows. What can she do? Nothing, it seems, until winter is over.
Side stories in the book are of Annagramma who takes over Miss Treason's cottage when the old witch dies, and who makes a dreadful mess of it. She thinks she is so great, but she's just stupid.
Overall, a good read- Terry Pratchet's books always are- and well worth its 5 stars.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Book 4)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting, funny, just great!, 22 July 2007
Harry, this year, has been suspiciously entered into the Triwizard Tournament for 17 year olds, but he is only 14. He didn't put his name in- so who did? He now faces the difficult and life threatening challenges of the tournament. Does someone want him dead? With the school turned against him, he tries to struggle through- and at the last task, something goes horribly wrong, and Lord Voldemort returns. Harry somehow won the tournament. He gave the priz away, to Fred and George. We, a the end, learn who submitted his name to the tournament and why.
It was depressing at the end- Voldemort was back, and had killed a fellow contestant- but most of the book was good.
Best parts of the book were the house elves and Hermione's S.P.E.W. scheme, and Rita Skeeter, the rude reporter who turned the public against Potter and his friends. I think this book is a good read; the downside is that it's a bit depressing and sad at the end.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter 5): 5/7
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter 5): 5/7
by J.K. Rowling

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 22 July 2007
This book is one of the weakest of the Harry Potter series, but that doesn't mean it isn't good. The only problem with it is that at the end you just don't feel as satisfied as you do with the other books- it feels a bit doom and gloom-like at the end. Harry has just lost a great friend, and he has learnt that he has to kill Voldemort, no one else, which is a seemingly impossible task.
Throughout the book, no one believes him, apart from a few, that Voldemort has actually returned, and everyone thinks he is a delusional idiot who is attention seeking. The book is not as light hearted as I would have liked, but still funny in places.
My favourite part was when the evil Umbridge finally got her come-uppance. It is a good book, just not as good as the others- still read it, though, you won't be disappointed.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of them all, 21 July 2007
This is the best out of all the Harry Potter books, in my opinion. I first read it when I was six and enjoyed it a lot. I now find it an easy read with a great plot and lots of humour and light hearted-ness. It is great to read the descriptions of Harry's horrid aunt and uncle, and their spoiled son, Dudley. You meet Dumbledore, Hagrid the half giant, Ron Weasley and his family, Hermione Granger, and more. They face many dangers, including a mountain troll who nearly kills Hermione and Lord Voldemort trying to rise to power using a certain teacher(which one???) and a Philosophers Stone. A really good read for everyone.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) [Children's Edition]
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) [Children's Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Harry Potter book!, 21 July 2007
J.K. Rowling proves, once again, that she is a wonderful author. In this thrilling and exciting final instllment of the Harry Potter saga, we see Harry robbing Gringotts, Snape's secret concerning Lily Potter-which by the way makes me feel so sorry for poor Snape, even though he isn't a nice person, and explains his grudge against Harry's dad-, the past that Dumbledore kept well hidden- was Dumbledore a twisted death eater who wants to reign over muggles or is this a lie made up by the untrustowrthy Rita Skeeter? It is a great book, with funny light hearted moments as always,and not predictable in the slightest. Overall, read it, you will so enjoy it.