Profile for n. roe > Reviews

Content by n. roe

n. roe

Page: 1 | 2
Strictly My Husband: It's funny, it's romantic and it's got dancing - what's not to love!

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read!, 27 July 2016
An absolutely fantastic book that had me gripped from the first page. I found it really funny and heartwarming and the best book I've read in ages. The characters are all believable and likeable in their own ways. I was routing for them all in their different ways and the book doesn't disappoint. Although the book centres around a married couple whose husband is in the entertainment business and the fear of the dreaded "strictly curse", you don't have to be a "strictly" fan to enjoy this book. It is really about the trials of marriage and knowing when to fight for your marriage, and how to go (or not go) about it. In this respect the book is touching and incitful yet still retaining the humour throughout. It is impossible not to enjoy this book!

No-One Ever Has Sex in the Suburbs: A Very Funny Romantic Novel
No-One Ever Has Sex in the Suburbs: A Very Funny Romantic Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars HILARIOUS AND BRILLIANT!!, 23 Jun. 2015
Hilarious and brilliant is the only way to describe this book. I know it is a cliché but I actually couldn't put it down and read the whole thing in 24 hours. This is unheard of for me with any other author.
As a mother the memories of the early days of parenthood came flooding back! From the opening chapter the author has been frighteningly perceptive and witty about everything from the GP check-ups to the first night out post childbirth. You don't have to be a parent or from the suburbs to love this book. It was great revisiting the characters from the prequel "No-one has sex on a Tuesday", and seeing how their parenting skills panned out and their quirky approaches to the challenges they faced.
It will make a great holiday read or any time when you just want to be cheered up. It is a real feel good book.

I Will Marry George Clooney (By Christmas)
I Will Marry George Clooney (By Christmas)
by Tracy Bloom

5.0 out of 5 stars HEARTWARMING AND REFRESHING, 9 Oct. 2014
Another fantastic read from Tracy Bloom. It was funny and as always insightful with a plot that keeps you guessing and hooked until the end. I remain intrigued about "mushy pea curry", and I really want the recipe for the chilli chicken!
The complex relationship between the main character, her mother and daughter is a fascinating one. I sympathised with all at different parts of the book. (the mother only briefly!)
It is a lovely story for anyone who wants a bit of escapism, and I actually cheered at the end!

A di Alessi La Cupola Espresso Coffee Maker, 6 Cups, Black Trim, (A9095/6 B)
A di Alessi La Cupola Espresso Coffee Maker, 6 Cups, Black Trim, (A9095/6 B)

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, 24 July 2013
I bought this for my husband. It is a thing of beauty. He loves it and uses it all the time. Although in hindsight the 6 cup one was a little big, given that I dont drink coffee. It looks really nice in the kitchen though. Lovely weight to it. Easy to clean.

Super Mario Pyjama blue (6 years)
Super Mario Pyjama blue (6 years)

4.0 out of 5 stars great PJ's., 24 July 2013
This review is from: Super Mario Pyjama blue (Apparel)
I bought several pairs and they were great as birthday presents. Only problem is if there is a class sleepover and they are all wearing the same PJ's! Nice quality for the price.

Canon IXUS 125 HS Digital Camera - Red (16.1MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD
Canon IXUS 125 HS Digital Camera - Red (16.1MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars nice camera, 24 July 2013
I bought this after I did a "which" search.It was recommended.Nice looking camera and easy to use.Looks particularly good in the red. Takes nice pictures.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, 24 July 2013
Nice size.Not easy to lose!
Nice quality on arrival
Given as a gift with the camera. It will keep the camera nicely protected.

Moon, tide and time - Slate grey
Moon, tide and time - Slate grey

4.0 out of 5 stars nice gift idea, 24 July 2013
This review is from: Moon, tide and time - Slate grey
purchased for my brothers birthday. He has everything, but likes surfing. A bit different and he loved it. Nice quality. Not sure of the accuracy of the moon and tide clocks though

Hobby Horse With Sound - 100cm - Beige or Brown [Colours May Vary]
Hobby Horse With Sound - 100cm - Beige or Brown [Colours May Vary]
Offered by Carousel Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars very cute, 24 July 2013
I played with it myself for a while before I passed it to my friends 2 year old girl! really good quality. Good tip about the battery, hidden at the bottom of the main.lovely for any child.

Single Woman Seeks Revenge: Another Very Funny Romantic Novel
Single Woman Seeks Revenge: Another Very Funny Romantic Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Corker!!, 19 July 2013
Another fab book!! I really wanted to keep this book and read it on my holiday. However I couldn't wait and ended up reading it straight away hardly pausing for food or sleep! It is really funny, imaginative and inciteful. The main character boarders on slightly mental at times but manages to stay on the right side of sanity. This book made me literally laugh out loud from the first page,I shouted, sympathised and cringed. References to high school loves and breakups took me back to remind us how hard life seems at 16.The attention to detail throughout the book allows you to really feel part of it, making it impossible to put down.It will make a great holiday read.
I really enjoyed this authors first book. I just hope that they keep on coming.

Page: 1 | 2