Profile for Bp Nash > Reviews

Content by Bp Nash

Bp Nash "Nasher" (London)

The Rite
The Rite
Dvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Even Hopkins couldn't save it, 26 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Rite (Amazon Video)
Without Hopkins this would be worth no stars. God, or the devil, only knows why he signed up for this nonsense. 105 minutes of my life I will never see again

Anvil! The Story of Anvil [DVD]
Anvil! The Story of Anvil [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anvil
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must For ANY Artist, 3 Jun. 2014
I have seen this movie at least 7 times. The underlying message is "never give up, never sell out your dreams for a mundane existence". I loved Lips, loved that he never gave up, loved following what is essentially a love story between him and the drummer, loved the ending. Great documentary, get involved.

Searching For Sugar Man DVD [Import]
Searching For Sugar Man DVD [Import]
Dvd ~ Rodriguez

5.0 out of 5 stars Which 3 ***holes gave this 1 Star?, 3 Jun. 2014
Great film, great insight into Apartheid in SA, quality music, and a story about a humble man who didn't know he was as big as Elvis on the other side of the world. Uplifting and heart-warming.

In the Way of the Oceans
In the Way of the Oceans

5.0 out of 5 stars An album for life, not just for Xmas., 26 Dec. 2013
From the first track to the last this album is an excellent collection of songs. My personal favourite are "Walk On Water" and "A Billion Things" but every track has it's own merits. Get involved, become a Ground Pilot.

A World Before X Factor
A World Before X Factor
by Mr Neil A Watson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating Insight, 7 July 2013
This book is a fascinating insight into music publishing before the music business was ruined by Cowell et al. It is also a touching story of how a young man who idolised his father, lost him too early, and eventually followed in his footsteps to work in the music industry at a time when it was booming and still had independence from multi national corporations. I was involved in the business myself at the time and recognised some of the names that crop up in the book so it was good to hear some stories behind the names.
Overall, I get the impression that the author was having an absolute blast and getting to experience many things that most of us only dream about. Despite the personal accounts in this book it is a semi tribute to the man who appears on the cover, Freddy Bienstock, who built the biggest independent publishing company in the world.

Crime Without Frontiers: The Worldwide Expansion of Organised Crime and the Pax Mafiosa
by Claire Sterling

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 21 Jun. 2013
A must read for anyone who thinks the world wide drug problem can be solved with customs men and a spaniel.

Sex Mix
Sex Mix
Offered by Fulfillment Express

1.0 out of 5 stars Released Despite Complaints, 19 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Sex Mix (Audio CD)
When myself, and Peter Gill, were made aware of the "error" on the first five tracks some weeks before it's official release we contacted ZTT and Salvo to ask if they were going to correct it. Despite several emails and phone calls nobody would return our calls or answer the emails. On one occasion Peter called Salvo and asked to be put through to several people and was told that "everybody was out" and there was nobody there to speak to him apart from the girl answering the phone. To date we have had no response from ZTT or Salvo and despite requests we have not even been sent a copy of the release.
I would like to apologise to the people who have been disappointed with this album and inform them that every effort was made, on mine and Peter's behalf, to try and correct it. I am apologising despite having nothing to do with this release because I feel it may reflect badly on the band and the band's reputation and it would be nice to see a word from ZTT or Salvo amongst these pages. ZTT's only public response to date has been the rather sneering and arrogant press release referring to the mistake as a "technical **** up" on their Facebook page. The fact that they have tried to turn this mistake into some sort of marketing ploy and describing the mixes as being in "glorious mono" looks like a pretty desperate attempt to save face. That said, I am so in the dark as to why this mistake happened that I am not sure if the error was down to ZTT or Salvo. What I do know is that if the band would have been consulted or involved in this release then due care and attention would have been taken to deliver the product in all it's glorious stereo.
I don't doubt that the rest of the content is great and reading the reviews it seems most people are happy with it. I have given it a one star review because it reflects my disappointment that sub-standard versions of our material have been released although technically I shouldn't be able to review it because I haven't heard it and don't own a copy?
Comment Comments (19) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2013 4:12 AM BST