Profile for Sosa Escobar > Reviews

Content by Sosa Escobar

Sosa Escobar "sosaescobar" (London)

Sony Playstation 3 Console (40GB Version)
Sony Playstation 3 Console (40GB Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised and kind of amazed, 24 Dec. 2007
I just bought a PS3 and I have to admit I am very amazed of the whole package, its sleek, plugs in easily and had it working on my wireless network within an hour of it being switched on - as I had a PSP before I was already used to the menu system which was quite handy.

Before this I had an Xbox, and yes I read through all those bashing reviews from Xbox 360 owners about how rubbish they think the PS3 is before deciding to buy one. But I think they are wrong, at least hardware wise - as the PS3 is a little silent beast under my TV and plays games and Blu-ray effortlessly. You wouldn't even realise it was there - having read up on the Xbox 360 it appears this sounds more like a desktop PC and having an Xbox beforehand I can relate to this.

The games I have played so far are fantastic with crisp clean graphics - I play them on a TV with 1080p output so can easily appreciate games in all its glory. Another aspect I impressesed with is that there are so many game demos to download over the internet, as well as full games for a small cost - and the connection is free unlike the Xbox 360 or the Xbox before it.

If you are buying a PS3 now then there are quite a few game titles to choose from - not as much as the Xbox 360 still but then it had a head start. Also I think the Xbox 360 games look better at the moment - primarily because they have not been ported to the same standard. However I think this will change over the coming year and I have placed my money on this buy buying a PS3. I hope this review is helpful and doesn't sound like I am biased against the Xbox 360 - because I am not. I just think you get more under the cover with the PS3 at a little extra cost.

I Phantom
I Phantom
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Never Slacking - Still on form, 20 Oct. 2002
This review is from: I Phantom (Audio CD)
Mr. Lif's EP Emergency Rations held some of the best Hip-Hop tracks to come out over the past year. That was until his album I Phantom was released.
Truly on Emergency Rations Mr. Lif showed he was one the best rappers out there and has proved it once again.
He lyrics rhyme with excellence over El-P's produced tracks which I would say are best of the lot. One of may favourites is 'Live From The Plantation' which puts him into a perspective we can all relate to - a 9-5 job which he hates and dreams about killing his boss. The beats on this track are also brilliant changing half way through.
An excellent album brought out by the continuing excellence of Def Jux.

Rocky (Xbox)
Rocky (Xbox)
Offered by multimedia-online

4.0 out of 5 stars What a Knock-out!, 20 Oct. 2002
This review is from: Rocky (Xbox) (Video Game)
I was the first to be sceptical when I heard that a Rocky game was coming out on the X-Box. However, the game is great to play comprising of great graphics and fluid game play.
The moves you make with your boxer are excellent and look just like the real thing plus it takes time to get your combos working. The graphics are better than any other boxing game - blood splatters the floor, opponents faces swell up and sweat is thrown from their faces as you land a punch! The backgrounds are also excellent with some boxing matches set in big stadiums and others in bars. The audience also move like a real audience and even throw bottles and cans on the ring when they get bored.
There are also training games to played with Rocky's trainer Micky and lots of hidden characters.
Without a doubt the best boxing game available for any console.

Ring (1998) [DVD] [2000]
Ring (1998) [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Nanako Matsushima
Offered by DVDBayFBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Spine-tingling!!!, 1 July 2002
This review is from: Ring (1998) [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
Without a doubt the most spine-tingling, scary horror movie I have ever seen! Ring is not what I expected and takes a step away from the normal horror film by involving you in everyday characters and a great story which gets creepier and creepier.
There is no blood or gore and... I've got admit it - half way through I thought that it was boring. But for some reason I wanted to see the whole thing - not realising then that story had grabbed me.
The ending is terrifying - you think about it for ages afterwards. It is so scary it stands out by itself - I showed my wife just the ending the next day and she got scared just watching those 5-10 minutes!!
I recommend that everybody should watch Ring 0 after this - Ring 2 is not essential and not as good.

Word Power Vol.2
Word Power Vol.2

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard Beats and Wicked Lyrics, 10 April 2001
This review is from: Word Power Vol.2 (Audio CD)
Divine Styler appears after a ten year long breather! This album combines some wicked beats ranging mixing futuristic sounds and electro funk. Style of Beyond guest appear on two tracks and blow them away. Also Check out Divine Styler on Quannum's album where he raps along to a DJ Shadow production - one hell of a killer track.