Profile for David Manley > Reviews

Content by David Manley

David Manley

Sony NW-WS414 Waterproof All-in-One MP3 Player, 8 GB - Black
Sony NW-WS414 Waterproof All-in-One MP3 Player, 8 GB - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased so far - the concerns I had pre-purchase proved to be unfounded, 15 Mar. 2016
I purchased one of these for running, after initially starting out looking for a blue tooth solution. My main reason being that I was fed up with fiddling about with wired ear-phones.

An earphone only device seemed like a perfect solution although I was a bit concerned about; a) how well it would stay in place, and b) whether the controls may be a bit fiddly with buttons only as I'm used to having a small display.

I've been out for 3 runs with it now and there has been no problem with it staying on my head and selecting the required mode is very easy with the recorded voice feedback. The only snag was that it took me a few attempts to download a playlist but nothing major.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars ... would be enough for my needs but have been disappointed with the accuracy, 24 Jan. 2016
As a beginner I thought that basic functionality would be enough for my needs but have been disappointed with the accuracy. Over 5K it underestimates the distance covered by up to 170M (although not by a consistent amount). After adjusting for the errors it has provided some useful data. If you are happy with that kind of accuracy it's OK but consider going for a more expensive model as I wish I had.

Mizuno Wave Rider 18, Men's Running Shoes, Black (Black/Silver/Classic Green), 8.5 UK (42 1/2 EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and nice to run in, 13 Aug. 2015
I bought them to start running for fitness. Early days but so far they are really comfortable and nice to run in.

BenQ GW2760HM LED VA Panel 27 inch Widescreen Multimedia Monitor (1920 x 1080 20M:1, 4 ms GTG, DVI, HDMI and Speakers) - Glossy Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, good size, 25 April 2015
Just what I needed to replace the 2 slightly different sized monitors I was using previously.

Good quality for everything I generally use the PC for, everything as advertised when I made the purchase.

Foo Fighters
Foo Fighters
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Foo Fighters, 28 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Foo Fighters (Audio CD)
Being a fan of Foo Fighters recent work, I thought I'd check out their earlier recordings.

I was not disappointed.

Agile Game Development with Scrum (Addison-Wesley Signature)
Agile Game Development with Scrum (Addison-Wesley Signature)
by Clinton Keith

4.0 out of 5 stars I recommend it to Game PMs / Producers, 7 Dec. 2012
Having spent 15 years managing game development projects, it was interesting to read how someone else applied Scrum to the game development process.

The interesting thing was the similarity between his approach (based on Scrum) and my approach (based on common sense and experience).

Kanban and Scrum - making the most of both (Enterprise Software Development)
Kanban and Scrum - making the most of both (Enterprise Software Development)
by Henrik Kniberg

3.0 out of 5 stars Print quality is not great, 7 Dec. 2012
I bought this for reference purposes after reading the on-line version.

The on-line version included some nice color illustrations, but the book is black and white so these were not so clear which was disappointing.

The DSDM Atern Student Workbook
The DSDM Atern Student Workbook
by D.J. & I.J. Tudor

4.0 out of 5 stars This book provided what I needed., 7 Dec. 2012
I was looking for a way to familiarize myself with Atern with a view to possibly taking the APM AgilePM exams. The book got me at least to the Foundation level by reading through it once (based on the practice questions in the book and a practice paper on the APM website).

My only criticisms were that the Life cycle and products chapter seemed to skip the products part (I had to refer to the official DSDM Atern Manual on the DSDM Consortium web site for this information, the book also refers to a "scenario" which didn't seem to be included in the book.