Profile for R. Gomes > Reviews

R. Gomes (portugal)

Page: 1 | 2
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

2.0 out of 5 stars ... bought this same brush a few years ago and loved it so much that I just had to get ..., 23 April 2016
I bought this same brush a few years ago and loved it so much that I just had to get another one. Unfortunately it's not the same at all! Its too soft and "mushy", I am very disappointed!

Sleek Eau La La Liner Pencil - Noir
Sleek Eau La La Liner Pencil - Noir
Offered by BisLinks®

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 17 Jun. 2013
I was so looking forward to using this liner! But the tip is loose! It's not breaking off, but everytime I try to use it it just slides inwards! So annoying!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Color is good but, 17 Jun. 2013
The moment I opened it the tip fell off... I sharpened it and after one use it broke again! Not very happy...

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite, 29 Nov. 2012
I have around 6 Sleek palettes and as soon as I got this one I knew it would fast become my favorite...and I was not wrong!
It has white and black, beige, grey, a shimmery off-white some shades of brown, all the Fall colours that I love. I can do a smokey eye, I can do a classic everyday look, I can even do a pin-up type look, using the black as eyeliner! I have gone a whole day with just that black as eyeliner and it did not fade at all!
I do have a tendency to get creases, but after foundation and some loose powder, I use the white or the beige as a primer, and the make up stays on throughout the day!!
I no longer have to get different palettes when traveling,I just take this and that's all I need!

Siren
Siren
by Tricia Rayburn

4.0 out of 5 stars Annoyed, 6 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Siren (Paperback)
I haven't read this book yet but I gave it 4 stars because I didn't want to be too unfair.
What made me write this was the synopsis that stated: "An utterly gripping paranormal romance for Twilight fans sick of copy-cat vampire novels but in love with paranormal romance."
I hated Twilight- really did. But I love Vampire novels and suchlike. And many Vampire books have been around long before twilight and are being called copy cats even though they came out first.
So, I don't know if I will be reading this book - I probably will- but enough with relating anything even remotely touching the paranormal to Twilight already!
For the fans of that "saga", the new book will leave them disappointed (especially if it has absolutely nothing to do with it), for the non-fans, like me,it will put me off reading anything that gets that comparison.

Ok, that's it.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2012 10:33 AM GMT

Graceling: 1
Graceling: 1
by Kristin Cashore

5.0 out of 5 stars If you didn't like Twilight, this is the book for you, 20 July 2010
This review is from: Graceling: 1 (Paperback)
The cover says that this "will slake the thirst of Twilight fans". In my opinion this comparison is detrimental to Graceling. I truly detested The Twilight saga and if I had read those books before this one, I wouldn't have bought it.
This is soo much better, the characters have depth, and Katsa is a strong, determined,conflicted heroine, which makes it believable. There are truly tense moments, and though I would definitely have prefered a big show down, it was wonderful story that made me wish this world existed. In fantasy books, i love to feel reluctant to put a story down, and this was certainly one of those.
Twilight didn't end fast enough for me.

New Moon: 2 (Twilight Saga)
New Moon: 2 (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer

1.0 out of 5 stars Just finished reading it, 12 July 2010
Finished reading "New Moon", the second book from the Twilight saga. Again, I didn't hate it, it was slightly better than the first (mostly due to the fact that Edward was not in it the majority of the time), but it was still not very good.

Starting with Bella; what a boring, whining, self-centered, bland character she is! In the beginning, she's with her one true love, she should be happy, would it kill her to smile a little?
Then, (accident prone that she is) she manages to cut herself on paper, thus driving the Cullen family crazy over the smell of her blood.
Ok, this is where I get confused: I understand that Bella's blood has a unique appeal to Edward, but the "brothers" go to a school full of people, I guess that there are the occasional cuts and bruises, they should be able to restrain themselves, and if Jasper is such a loose cannon, how can he even attend school? And what really bugs me is that, just because of that stupid contrived incident, Edward decides to uproot the entire family and move out!
So Edward tells Bella he is leaving, I would imagine a scene like that would be entitled to a deep dialogue, but no. He says he's leaving because she is no good for him, and she accepts it as an obvious fact. What does this say about Bella? That she is a bit dense, and soooo unworthy of the love of such a "God-like creature" ---sigh--. So she doesn't even try to fight for her happiness. What a spineless girl! Such a great role model!

So, with Edward gone, her life means nothing.

I can understand entering an abyss of despair when losing the one person you loved above all else (although apart from his "smoldering beauty", I don't see any other good qualities about Edward). But what I don't understand, is how someone can simply, for months, ignore friends that try to help, and then proceed to consciously, selfishly use them. Like the scene with Jessica: Inviting her out, not because Bella actually likes her, but because her mindless chatter might be a distraction, then all but ditches the girl at the movies, then places her in a potentially dangerous situation, then simply forgets her the minute she's home. And then, doesn't understand how the girl won't forgive her??? Heck! It didn't happen to me, and I still can't forgive her, as if she even apologized in the first place!
What a good, upstanding person Bella is!
Along comes Jacob, this is the one character I truly liked and he really deserved better than to fall for Bella who is -yet again- using him to escape the void her life has become without Edward. Even though she seems to actually like him, what does this say of a girl who can't survive without a man by her side and decides to settle for a lesser love? The author tries to convey Bella's internal struggle, but really, there is none.
Bella realizes that when she gets into dangerous situations, she hallucinates and hears Edward telling her to stop, so she develops a "love" for extreme sports, like riding a motorcycle and crashing several times, and jumping of a cliff. Because of a misunderstanding, Edward believes she is dead and goes to Italy to provoke a powerful vampire family "The Volturi" (silly name) into killing him. How will he accomplish this? (I will quote this from another review because it is the best description) - "BY PUBLIC SPARKLING!!" Hilarious!

After a series of absurd events with the Volturi, we are, once again, very much aware of how truly selfish a callous Bella is, she witnesses a mass murder committed by vampires, and wonders if "it might be wrong to feel so happy". I would dare say it is a little bit wrong!
Back to Forks.
Charlie grounds her daughter and considers Edward a "persona non grata" she doesn't understand why her dad is being so pigheaded. Really? I wonder if I would have much love for the guy who dumped my daughter and left her in a mess.
There are two good emotional scenes and they are both of Jacob and Bella sayng goodbye. And all I thought was : "What a stupid stupid girl!"

So, not a good book overall, I have read soo much better, but at least I finished it quickly. That's one positive, I guess. It gets so boring at times that I manage to jump pages and it seems the story also moves faster.

Oh, yeah, by the way, Victoria is still trying to kill Bella, but it's such a ridiculous plotline it's hardly worth mentioning.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 28, 2012 10:29 AM BST

Voice Of The Gods: Book 3 of the Age of the Five
Voice Of The Gods: Book 3 of the Age of the Five
by Trudi Canavan

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 26 Jun. 2010
I measure how much I love a book by how fast I pick up the next one. And I find myself reluctant to start a new book., I don't want to stop thinking about what I just read. I loved this book. Loved the world, loved the characters. Even the ones that were annoying like Ella. Although I wanted to just move forward, I could understand the need for her. There were only two things that really stood out that I didn't like:the constant use of the word "consider"- not one page was turned without that word - and the referal to a "war" when it was really just a battle. Picky details, I know, but they bothered me.

Uncle Milton Moon In My Room Illuminated Decoration
Uncle Milton Moon In My Room Illuminated Decoration
Offered by Clickmegetme

5.0 out of 5 stars Realistic!, 22 April 2010
Amazing! In the dark, it really looks like the moon is in the bedroom! I think I love it more than my daughter does!!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2010 3:45 PM BST

Death's Mistress
Death's Mistress
by Karen Chance

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for the next one, 9 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Death's Mistress (Paperback)
I have read all the Cassie and Dorina books, even bought "On the Prowl" which really helps with Claire's background story. I really love the writing, the mix of all things supernatural, the romance, the action. This book was no exception. So why only 3 stars? Because I knew from the get go who the "killer" was!!! It was so obvious!!!!! Although I was loving the dialogs (even laughing out loud at the café I was at, making me look crazy), loving the various sub plots, loving the explanation of Vampire politics, but at every turn, I knew!!!! I was so hoping for a big twist at the end to prove me wrong, but no. And I hate it when that happens. But I will keep reading these series, I am addicted!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2010 12:20 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2