Profile for P. L. Wightman > Reviews

Content by P. L. Wightman

P. L. Wightman (New Zealand)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
I'll Remember
I'll Remember

5.0 out of 5 stars At last a Taste to remember!, 23 Jan. 2016
This review is from: I'll Remember (Audio CD)
A very nice collection finally finds it's way to Cd after 40 years. Who makes these decisions? Any Rory Gallagher fan must own this. It is jam packed with unmissable performances no in pristine remastered clarity. Worth it for the Belfast Early Sessions alone.

still hung up on you LP
still hung up on you LP

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent Bill Medley Album., 23 Jan. 2016
This review is from: still hung up on you LP (Vinyl)
One of Bill Medley's finest albums and a mystery why not available on CD or reissue on Vinyl. Top performances from Bill and his backing musicians and some fine songs make this a must have for any serious fan. Highlights are Still Hung Up On You, Stand Up and Is There Anything I Can Do?

Loud'n'proud
Loud'n'proud

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine Nazaerth album., 23 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Loud'n'proud (Audio CD)
A fine Nazareth album, the first one I ever owned, this being my 4th purchase of it. Highlights are This Flight Tonight, Turn On Your Receiver and Teenage Nervous Breakdown but all songs are good. The only drawback with this remaster is the inclusion of the Live bonus tracks which to my mind are unnecessary.

Your Heart to Mine: Dedicated to the Blues
Your Heart to Mine: Dedicated to the Blues

4.0 out of 5 stars The Great Bill Medley does it again, in Spades., 23 Jan. 2016
This is a very good record. I would have bought it just for the only Medley original called "This Could Be The Last Time" which is sublime. Other high points are the versions of I Just Want To Make Love To You, Rock Me Baby and You're The One an old Bobby "Blue" Bland B-side. I feel It could have been a great album if the song choices were no so very predictable. That said the Vocal and Instrumental performances are immaculate.
The packaging is very poor, hence the 1 star deduction. There are no song writer or musician credits and little by way of production information.

Page Of Life (Remastered)
Page Of Life (Remastered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought to update my non-remastered version and for the bonus ..., 18 Jan. 2016
Bought to update my non-remastered version and for the bonus track. Any fan of Jon and Vangelis will want this.

Rock N Roll
Rock N Roll

5.0 out of 5 stars RIP Lemmy, 18 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Rock N Roll (Audio CD)
First class album all the way much improved by the inclusion of the B-sides of the Eat The Rich 12" single, Cradle To The Grave and Just 'Cos You've Got The Power. A must get for any Motorhead fan.

The Early Years
The Early Years

3.0 out of 5 stars Got this on the strength of their later material and ..., 18 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Early Years (Audio CD)
Got this on the strength of their later material and it is okay but mostly different. The stand out track is Some Things Never Change.

Duke
Duke

4.0 out of 5 stars Always loved the track Duchess, 18 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Duke (Audio CD)
Always loved the track Duchess. Outstanding track in a generally good album. Must have the latest remaster (my third purchase of this album).

Pathfinder/Get Your Dog Off Me
Pathfinder/Get Your Dog Off Me

4.0 out of 5 stars ... a country that had limited releases of only the best selling music from Europe & USA, 18 Jan. 2016
Growing up in a country that had limited releases of only the best selling music from Europe & USA, I had never heard Beggars Opera before acquiring this pair of albums. I find I am thoroughly impressed. I would have given five stars were it not for the the cover versions of MacArthur Park & Classical Gas which don't really measure up to the originals and are not done differently enough to be truly unique. My Favorite Tracks are Pathfinder and Free Style Ladies which really rock out. Get this CD, you won't be sorry.

We Travel The Spaceways
We Travel The Spaceways
Offered by SEDIVA United Kingdom

4.0 out of 5 stars Good live NRBQ, 5 Dec. 2015
This review is from: We Travel The Spaceways (Audio CD)
A rare thing that NRBQ have managed twice: a live album that is almost consistently likeable ( God Bless Us All is the other). I one star I didn't give it is because of the inclusion of the NAFF track " ...talking..."

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16