Profile for yvonne Buchan > Reviews

Content by yvonne Buchan

yvonne Buchan

Page: 1 | 2
Jennifer's Garden (The Gables Trilogy Book 1)
Jennifer's Garden (The Gables Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyed Jennifer's garden, 7 Jan. 2014
A real girly book to curl up with. Makes you want to keep reading and hoping that she will get what is truly meant for her even though she's stubborn and stuck up. Will definitely be reading more of Dianne Venetta books

Web of Deceit: Black Widow Collector's Edition (Full)(Kindle Tablet Edition)
Web of Deceit: Black Widow Collector's Edition (Full)(Kindle Tablet Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars could be faster, 30 Nov. 2013
I enjoyed the game until I got to the point of trying to make an X in hidden object scene. Couldn't get it to work so gave up. Carried on through game to the ferry and again another object scene that wouldn't allow me to smash the bottle to get the ship. I don't know why it's doing this because I had no problems on other scenes. Ended up deleting game altogether because I couldn't go any further. I'm really annoyed that I paid for a game that doesn't work on my kindle fire..... I would appreciate my money back please Amazon because I've been cheated!!

Long Time Coming (Fated Loves Book 1)
Long Time Coming (Fated Loves Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating!!!, 6 July 2013
A great book to read - it keeps you guessing, urging and hoping till the end. I will be reading more from Edie Claire for sure.

Gray Redemption (Tom Gray #3)
Gray Redemption (Tom Gray #3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant trilogy!, 24 Jun. 2013
I've fully enjoyed reading all three books and only wish there were more to come. I found a lot of what has been written to be truly believable and the more I read, the more I wanted. Being a fan of Andy Mcnabbs books this puts me in mind of his writing and I wonder if it's a coincidence that both writers have the same initials. I look forward to reading more from Alan McDermott. These books seem to have more than an element of truth in them and are a perfect example of the world in which we live. Well done to the author for showing all sides of each character.

Gray Resurrection (Tom Gray #2)
Gray Resurrection (Tom Gray #2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another example of Alan McDermott excellent writing!, 20 Jun. 2013
Having read the first of the Tom Gray trilogy I couldn't wait to read this and it didn't disappoint me at all. I am now going to read the last book and I don't think it will be any less intriguing than any of the others. Well written and it shows that Alan McDermott did a lot of homework into the subject. Another page turner !

Gray Justice (Tom Gray #1)
Gray Justice (Tom Gray #1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely outstanding!!!, 17 Jun. 2013
This is the first-ever book I've read by Alan McDermott and it won't be the last. It starts out with Tom Gray's young child being killed by an habitual criminal and subsequently Tom's wife takes her own life because she can't cope with the hotel of her dead son.
The criminal justice system lets Gray down by releasing the perpetrator so Gray takes things into his own hands and sets up a deal with the government to change the system against criminals. He makes several demands and uses habitual criminals as a pawn to get the law changed.
Very cleverly thought out his demand towards the police and justice system can't ignore him as he is EX-SAS and knows the tricks of the trade!
The story takes many twists and turns and is a total page turner that you don't want to put down.

The Crew
The Crew

5.0 out of 5 stars As typical book about football hooliganism!, 28 May 2013
This review is from: The Crew (Kindle Edition)
Makes you wonder what planet these idiots gain come from. The violence shown attains no means apart from stirring unrest in a Britain already hated by the rest of the football communities and creates even more unrest within the world as a whole. There's no wonder people hate the English overseas, they use world of football as a reason to create hate. Football is intended as a sport not an excuse to use racism and corruption.
I read it to gain an understanding of the football communities but all it did is prove to me that there is corruption in most aspects of day to day life and that real sportsmanship is a hard thing to find..
Not the kind of book that brings hope but shows the evil and corruption of both citizens and the police and in my opinion can only serve to cause more war throughout our already disastrous world.
Dougie brimson portrays the all too truthful reality of what genuine fans don't know about.

Finding Emma (Finding Emma Series Book 1)
Finding Emma (Finding Emma Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A real pause for thought!, 26 May 2013
The first book I've read by Steena Holmes and it won't be the last. I think it's cleverly written and keeps you hoping right to the end. It stirs up a whole heap of emotions for the whole family and is a real tear jerker. Loved reading it and can't wait to get another of her books.

Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files Book 1)
Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you wanting to read.... Excellent!!!, 21 May 2013
The writer portrays a brilliant plot. The team of Romney and Marsh are well chosen and the story is believable.... It has certain elements of violence and cruelty and Romney's love life is a great aside from the main story. First book I've read by this author and I will be buying more. I like the way he has written the subject matter without giving complete gory details leaving it to imagination.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 21, 2013 4:29 AM BST

The Girl Nobody Wants: A Shocking True Story of Child Abuse in Ireland
The Girl Nobody Wants: A Shocking True Story of Child Abuse in Ireland

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaking story but tremendous lady, 8 May 2013
This story is so sad from start to finish but Lily O`Brien is a courageous lady who still battles on. I cried whilst reading this book and I only wish I had half her strength to fight for justice. I empathise with her decision in not wanting to drag her family into it. But I can only admire her courage as I am a coward. Excellent story and well worth the read

Page: 1 | 2