Profile for TomReed > Reviews

Content by TomReed

TomReed

Page: 1 | 2
ROCCAT Kova[+] Max Performance Gaming Mouse (ROC-11-520)
ROCCAT Kova[+] Max Performance Gaming Mouse (ROC-11-520)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, 16 Aug. 2014
Had mouse for 3 months and signs of failure started. 5 months down the line and the mouse is completely dead. Not even worth buying. Was fantastic while it worked, but not worth buying.

Touch Of Silver Daily Nourish Conditioner 200 ml
Touch Of Silver Daily Nourish Conditioner 200 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Love!, 14 Aug. 2013
I used this with the ToS Daily Shampoo (200ml), as the shampoo was quite harsh this seemed to completely smooth out my hair and completely detangle it. Was very nice on the scalp and has a lovely chemically smell!

Touch Of Silver Colour Care Shampoo 200ml
Touch Of Silver Colour Care Shampoo 200ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked amazingly on my messed up hair!, 14 Aug. 2013
I have bleached my hair for around 3 years now, and for some reason about 2 months ago I used a mid brown hair dye kit over the blonde. As you can guess, it went terribly wrong. The bottom of my hair went back to blonde, my roots went the brown shade and inbetween was a sort of bright ginger/blonde/brown (depending on the light) colour. After attempting to strip my hair I had blonde ends and ginger roots (my natural hair is light brown/dirty blonde). So I decided (after attempting to use vosene) to give this a try with the hope that it would remove some of the brassy tones from my hair. The first 5 times I used it there seemed to be no change until I read an article online about someone using a purple/silver based shampoo, she advised leaving the shampoo on for 30 mins, constantly keeping it in a lather and then washing it out. After doing this twice I started to notice my brassy tones have lifted from my hair (there is still some ginger left however). But my hair looks so much nicer and less two-tone than it did before, and now it's basically all one colour I'm growing it out and never dying my hair again! But this product is amazing if you use it right, highly recommend!

W7 Paintbox 77 Eye Shadow Colours
W7 Paintbox 77 Eye Shadow Colours
Offered by BisLinks®

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, 14 Aug. 2013
When I saw this and read some reviews I was still a little unsure about buying this product, people said the colour didn't last long once applied to your eyes and some of the colours are so similar there's no point in even having such a big collection. However, with primer I've found the eye shadow stays on all day without any problems. The darker colours sometimes smudge above near my eyebrow but I rarely use those anyway. The colours towards the bottom of the palate are more matte and the ones towards the top have some shine/glimmer in them. They all blend really easily and nicely too! All of the colours (except the bright greens and blues) are pretty natural too, there are no scary reds or purples. Would highly recommend!

Nintendo Handheld Console 3DS XL - Limited Edition with Animal Crossing (Nintendo 3DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 14 Aug. 2013
I'd been looking at buying a 3DS for around 4 months before I saw this beauty on amazon! Having played two of the Animal Crossing titles before I couldn't not own the game, but I also love this unique design. Also, having the software predownloaded onto the hard drive makes it so much easier to play wherever you go. You don't need to worry about having the cartridge on you or in the DS.

IPHONE 5 / 5S / IPHONE SE SCREEN PROTECTOR / GUARD / SHIELD / COVER 2in1 - 6in1 - 10in1 with Cleaning Cloth (Pack of 10)

3.0 out of 5 stars Work well, don't last long, 14 Aug. 2013
Was impressed when these first arrived in the post. They were fairly cheap so I wasn't expecting any miracles. The protectors go on easily and no bubbles were left underneath (on the front at least). The back screen protectors, however, look so tacky and cheap I don't use one, I would recommend just getting a case that covers the back of your phone. They only last about a month (if that) before bubbles appear around the home button and the speaker at the top of the phone. But for the cost, it's still worthwhile replacing the screen protector every 3 weeks or so.

Barbie Collector Hunger Games Katniss Doll
Barbie Collector Hunger Games Katniss Doll
Offered by B`n Doll`s Planet

5.0 out of 5 stars It's awesome!, 14 Aug. 2013
I bought this as a birthday present for my younger sister (she turned 15) and she is a huuuuuugeee hunger games fan! She loves it to pieces! (It's currently being displayed in the centre of her HG shrine in her bedroom) I'm so glad I found this for her, can't wait to see if a Catching Fire model comes out, because that'll be a brilliant Christmas present for her! Would highly recommend to any HG fanatic/collector!

Biochemistry For Dummies, 2nd Edition
Biochemistry For Dummies, 2nd Edition
by John T. Moore

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for starting out, but..., 14 Aug. 2013
I'm currently studying Biomedical Science at university and one of my modules next semester was Biochemistry, while doing my A levels this was definitely one of the areas I needed to read up on and improve before starting the module. I purchased this book and have been pleasantly surprised by it. It has all the basics of biochemistry and covers a wide variety of topics. However, when I say basics, I mean literally just the basics or the 'fluff'. It lacks university and possible even A level depth. Since reading this book I have purchased another Biochemistry textbook which has much more detail but I couldn't possibly understand half the concepts without reading this book first. So if you're like me and need a bit of a jumpstart to biochem before reading the text books, I would highly recommend this product (especially as it's under £10 - a lot cheaper than other introductory biochem books)! But, if you're background on biochem is pretty good, I'd steer clear!

Touch Of Silver Dry Shampoo 200ml
Touch Of Silver Dry Shampoo 200ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 14 Aug. 2013
Makes hair seem lighter and fluffier in a matter of seconds. You do need to use a lot though (I even have short, thin hair). But overall, it smells nice and does what it's supposed to! Would highly recommend!

Blush Professional Pro Finish Eyeshadow Primer
Blush Professional Pro Finish Eyeshadow Primer

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love!, 14 Aug. 2013
Works perfectly, can't fault it in any way! Keeps my eye shadow firmly in place and with some it even enhances the colour :)

Page: 1 | 2