Profile for Keith > Reviews

Content by Keith

Keith (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Jabra Elite Sport True Wireless Bluetooth Waterproof Fitness and Running Earbuds with Heart Rate and Activity Monitor Includes Advanced Charging Case with UPGRADED 13.5hrs BATTERY life - Lime Green / Grey

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 7 Oct. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Everything is exciting until I try to use them. The on-bud controls do not seem to do anything. I can't mute or anything. The Instruction book is next to useless except for telling you which bud goes in which ear.
Pairing to my phone was dead simple.
I have some hearing loss in my left ear and this is not usually a problem with any other phones or buds I use but it is here. What sound that came through the right bud (Sky Greatest Hits) was nice, although I have not tried in a noisy environment to see how well they perform. And had first tests gone well, I would have tried different genres of music but it seems pointless as I cannot control these.
I love the charging box and the fact you can carry it as a mobile charger to extend life.
There are different sets of bud cushions and ear pieces but I couldn't find one that was truly comfortable. In frustration, I have put all back in the box and will let someone else have a go.

Glenrothes Sherry Cask Reserve Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70 cl
Glenrothes Sherry Cask Reserve Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Divine, 7 Oct. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Amazing pleasure. A single measure with one ice cube - leave to cool and dilute. Enjoy the aromas coming off the whisky. My favourite area for distilleries is Speyside and the majority of my purchases are from here, avoiding heavier, peatier brands.
The first sensation is the usual heat but after a slow swallow, there is a residue of taste and texture - a butteriness in the mouth, smooth and sensual. Notes of Christmas - fruit, spice - all very subtle but they feel like a guilty pleasure - one to enjoy in private to avoid being disturbed or distracted. So sensual. I was surprised how long I could make a glass last, taking delicate sips then sitting back for the ecstasy.
My experience of whiskies tells me to wait for flavour changes as the bottle empties and more air attends - this has always been a positive experience so I look forward with excitement for what may come.

Using water from the Lady's Well and Ardcanny Spring with malt from Simpson's and TAmdhu distilleries, the whisky matures in sherry oak casks.
The only disappointment - Glenrothes only allow trade visitors, so the aficionados can't go.

500 Xxion Personalised Mini Self-Adhesive Address Labels. Size : 38mm x 21mm Custom Printed in Black on Quality White Self Adhesive Labels / Stickers with up to 7 lines of text of your choice.
Offered by ConneXxions

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 5 Oct. 2017
Very fast production and delivery. Exactly what I was hoping for. I am now able to label many important things, e.g. inside of phone case, ditto cameras. The clarity of the address and sufficient stickiness to attach is commendable.

Trekology Car Boot Oragniser, Durable, Collapsible, Cargo Trunk Storage Carrier Box For Auto, Trucks, SUV, MiniVan - Huge Capacity with Adjustable Compartments & Anti-slip, Waterproof Bottom (Blue)
Offered by TREKOLOGY

5.0 out of 5 stars Beneficial, 5 Oct. 2017
Such a handy system. Reasonably flat when not in use - expands, with compartments, to a very useful size. My first use was to take a camera, lenses, tripod, lunch and some comforts on a visit to a local nature reserve. Kept my stuff safe from rolling around in the boot.
Will also be using when taken grandchildren out, which usually requires a lot of planning and kit. I fancy it would also serve as a toybox indoors, or a a laundry basket.

The Square and the Tower: Networks, Hierarchies and the Struggle for Global Power
by Niall Ferguson

4.0 out of 5 stars Very academic, 5 Oct. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The format of the book reveals that this is not a work created cover to cover but a collection of academic papers plus some chapters written in a style for the interested amateur. This is obvious when some pages are littered with reference numbers to sources and some chapters can be 3 pages in to get the first.
Having studied then taught business hierarchies, organisational structures and networks, I was able to follow some of the examples but did get lost when, for example, in a short space of time we moved from Luther to the East then other places round the world. I would have preferred all succinct chapters based on historical periods (e.g. the arrival of the printing press) or people (e.g the Medicis) rather than they were scattered through academic argument, which is how papers are in the academic universe ("show as many references to sources as possible").
When the chapters are more robustly about specifics, I found them enjoyable, especially the royal family network of Europe. If possible browse some pages before purchase to see if this is a book you would enjoy reading. This is a very serious work. The chapters get more focused and readable as one advances through the book; you might want to skip the early ones, or at least, persevere for the rewards to follow.

deAO Pink Kitchen Playset With 30 Accessories Role Playing Game Set
deAO Pink Kitchen Playset With 30 Accessories Role Playing Game Set
Offered by deAO

4.0 out of 5 stars Fair value at the deal price., 4 Oct. 2017
I bought for under £24 in Deal of the Day, so am happy at this price - had it been the RRP I would have preferred to put the money to a more solid kitchen.
It cannot be seen from the pictures that a lot going on are stickers, e.g. the clock and dials, the front of the dishwasher and oven. Took 2 people to assemble as the extra pair of hand prevent it falling apart as you try to clip it. Instructions could be clearer, especially when under pressure from a 3 year old to have it up and running. Able to accessorise from her other toys - a market stall and a teaset.
Needs 3 AA batteries for the hob to light up and make noises.

Lucifer: Season 3
Lucifer: Season 3
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tv, 4 Oct. 2017
This review is from: Lucifer: Season 3 (Amazon Video)
We've stuck with this but ditched Preacher and Sleepy Hollow, because it is so good and the others aren't developing
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2017 6:04 PM BST

QUMOX Octopus Flexible Tripod Stand Gorilla for Camera Digital DV Canon Nikon Large
Offered by Sunwood-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for the lighter cameras., 2 Oct. 2017
This was ideal for my Nikon P900 when out photographing wildlife at telephoto distances and needing stability. I was able to use, as per the main picture, from the shelf in a wooden hide and, when I had to take another angle, I rested the legs over the window ledge. The rubber feet gave grip.
I doubt whether it would take my heavier D70 with lens to the same level of stability though.
Not heavy - I tucked one leg through my trouser belt to carry it and no discomfort at all. Once bent the legs are very difficult to get truly straight again.
Nice addition to my kit collection

Star Wars Han Solo & Boba Fett 2-Pack
Star Wars Han Solo & Boba Fett 2-Pack
Offered by The Marketplace Online UK.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adds to the fun, 1 Oct. 2017
Have a Force Link bracelet already, these two increase the use. In fact, I found the quality of speech to be so much better with Han and Boba than with the figure - Kylo Ren - that came with the bracelet.
The scale is good for a range of Star Wars figures - I have Bodhi Rook who is not a Force Link, and is exactly of this scale. Han and Boba are two iconic characters from the genre
Nicely detailed

STAR WARS B9844EL20 "Rogue One Bodhi Rook" Playset
STAR WARS B9844EL20 "Rogue One Bodhi Rook" Playset

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely detailed, 30 Sept. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not interactive as the Force Link models but to the same scale so can be played with those figures.
Limbs move from shoulders and hips. Has accessories - pistol and abseil kit. Bodhi Rook is a key character in Rogue One, being a cargo pilot who switches allegiance to join the rebel cause, so will be recognisable to fans.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20