Profile for Keith > Reviews

Rose And Co Rose Petal Salve Excellent All Round Beauty Salve With Beeswax 20g
Rose And Co Rose Petal Salve Excellent All Round Beauty Salve With Beeswax 20g

4.0 out of 5 stars Travel size, 29 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Size is great for the handbag - keep close by when out. My daughter-in-law did the trial on this and is pleased.
Being a small tin - it's not a main product for everyday use as it empties very quickly. Hence - good for the handbag and emergencies.
Scent is not particularly noticeable when applied - and I have an excellent sense of smell.
Smooths on easily. Did not see visible effects on the skin. Pleasant on the lips - definitely an improvement on those "vaseline" sticks.
Product size did not allow for much testing - used it in a day on brows, lips, hands and lips.

Panasonic Smart Home KX-HN6010EW Safety Starter Kit with Hub/Window/Door and Motion Sensor - White (3-Piece)
Offered by Hughes Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do it for me., 27 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you are thinking of buying some home security - do your research. I have given 3 stars based on my experience and that may not be generally representative of the quality or the value, as I'll try to explain.
As it says, it is a "Starter Kit" which immediately means, you'll need to buy more accessories to have decent cover in your property.
It comes with one window/door sensor - so which is the most important route? Unfortunately, I couldn't find a place to fix it within the parameters set for function, as I fancied this for a rear door , which would be the most likely access if burgled.
The motion sensor does not work on a direct approach but reads motion across the beam. No good in my long narrow corridor where I wanted to place - seeing as that is the common route in the house. I think it is more common to place sensors in corners, to sweep the maximum area, when placing in rooms.
The third component is the Hub, working with the home wi-fi to send signals; meaning only 2 components of the set are involved in detection.

I can see a camera in the advertising photos, which is not in the box, not included in the price! Searching reveals it has a price tag of £79.99. I see that some reviewers talk about cameras in their kit so CAUTION - check what you are ordering/ what you are getting for your money.

There are plenty of claims made in the blurb that I could not test - but would be worth having. Unless willing to spend more to have a better cover in the house, this is not the full job. I can see it being a back up to a baby monitor for the toddler/infant stage - placing the sensor on the bedroom door, the motion sensor outside the room, e.g stairs.
With no monthly fees, it should pay for itself eventually - but don't those fees cover external monitoring by an agency?

Patisserie de Bain Bath Fancies, Hyacinth - 3-Piece Gift Set
Patisserie de Bain Bath Fancies, Hyacinth - 3-Piece Gift Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes a nice gift, 26 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
They look so pretty in their box. The overall look is a bit old-fashioned - by which I mean, unlikely to appeal to younger people - but ideal for someone who has a discerning taste for quality.
Until used, they add a nice bouquet to the bathroom, and come into their own when melting in hot water. I think I would be likely to leave a box in the guest bathroom.
Keep out of reach of children as look edible (sugar mice confectionery type).
Dissolve nicely in the bath; you will have some pieces to remove when finished as not all the decoration is dissolvable.
What an improvement on the bathcubes my mum used all those years ago LOL.

HoMedics Compact Percussion Heat Massager
HoMedics Compact Percussion Heat Massager

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets to the spot :-), 26 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This turned out to be perfect for me. I have a (purchased) massager (when I had muscle spasm in the lower back) which is much heavier and more awkward to use. I have a chargeable massager which is ok for small relief areas. But this one beats both:
It is not so heavy - but may feel so if used for a long time. The nodes are the perfect width apart for the neck and spine. Low setting is quite powerful and high really lets you know it's getting into deep tissue.
There are a pair of soft heads for muscle massage alone and you can swap, by unscrewing, with the hard plastic heads for a heated massage. Do check which heads are on - I used hard ones without heat OK but I would not try the soft ones with heat, as that could do damage to the equipment. Heat is just warmth, rather than anything penetrating. I intend to use a heatpad first, then the machine. Will not use with heat creams or sprays as they might damage the heads (my caution).
Have to be near an electrical socket - reasonable length of cable, but mostly to allow movement over the body rather than distance from power.
Can store in a drawer (don't lose the heads not in use).
This ticks all my boxes - power, function, weight, size and price. Wish I'd seen it before buying my more expensive one (which I am retiring).

Living A Dream
Living A Dream
Offered by Todays Great Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb vocals, 23 July 2016
This review is from: Living A Dream (Audio CD)
The voice of an angel and wonderful songs. As a 2006 album (made me laugh when I saw a competition entry inside the album cover) it comes at a brilliant price today. Wonderful songs (I've said that already? Well it's worth saying twice).

Salter Multiweigh Kitchen Scales White
Salter Multiweigh Kitchen Scales White

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price at under a tenner, 22 July 2016
The bowl does not have a pouring lip, which is a bit of a shame. Nice large and sturdy bowl. The scales can be inverted and inserted into the bowl for storage - a blessing when kitchen space has limitations.
Has both metric and imperial - rotate a ring to line up the zero on which standard is to be used. The ability to rotate the zero mark is useful when using different bowls (I have several when I am cake-making - one for the butter, another for the sugar - and tend to use the maker's bowl for flour) to allow for the empty bowl weight. Do take care not to move the zero ring - very easy to mistakenly move it as no lock to the position and the ring is quite an external arrangement.
15 year guarantee! That's piece of mind, but probably misuse/accident will take the bowl out of action before it malfunctions.

Fellowes Missive Mailing Wrap (Pack of 10)
Fellowes Missive Mailing Wrap (Pack of 10)

3.0 out of 5 stars Trial and error before I was able to fold correctly, 21 July 2016
Length:: 1:03 Mins

No instructions and it took me ages to work out how to fold. There are premade folds to follow but more than needed, I think.
The address label is not central but nearer the bottom when you finish.
With the number of creases set, it first appears that you have options, but the reality is that it is one way only.
The cardboard is sturdy and will take lever arch or books/magazines. Currently priced under £6 for 10, it is good value.
Peel off a strip to reveal a glue edge for sealing. Pull out strip for opening (as seen on Amazon packaging).
Worth 4 stars had they only made it clearer about how to fold - so I am taking one star off for nuisance.

Snug Egyptian Cotton Fitted Sheet, 300 Thread Count - Double, Ivory
Snug Egyptian Cotton Fitted Sheet, 300 Thread Count - Double, Ivory

5.0 out of 5 stars A touch of luxury., 20 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
300 thread count; 100% cotton. Machine washable.
We washed from packet (always do) and it came out of the wash well and did not need ironing!
Fits a double bed nicely - tight enough not to wrinkle up; enough stretch not to be too taut.
Lovely feel against skin.

Wahl ZX643-200 Travel Kettle
Wahl ZX643-200 Travel Kettle

5.0 out of 5 stars A proper kettle in miniature., 19 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It has the classy chrome finish and design of its bigger brothers.
I found it boiled quickly (but I never timed it - just my impression). Good handle for gripping. Plug in, press "Reset" and it boils. Has auto cut-off - which I didn't have on a previous travel kettle.
The smooth interior will make it easier for cleaning and descaling - no hiding places for the lime.
Travel cups are tiny (espresso size) so saying this is a 2 cup kettle is a bit of marketing bumpf - get one reasonable cup per boil.
While not travelling, this is ideal for an elderly mother-in-law, who struggles with the weight of a full-size kettle and only makes herself one cup at a time (tea, horlicks, cupasoup).
Comes with UK 3 pin plug - so will need travel adaptor when abroad.

Ubbi 3-in-1 Potty Toilet Trainer and Step Stool (Grey)
Ubbi 3-in-1 Potty Toilet Trainer and Step Stool (Grey)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-designed; very useful combination item, 18 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
How useful to have such a combi in one item. Things have certainly changed since we had to train our boys and this is for our granddaughter.
It is a little tall for a 2 year old (May birthday) but manageable. The seat part is a nice shape for comfort. Very sturdy assembled. She's not using the seat on a proper toilet but we tried it out to see how successful and easy it would be, without issues.
The special bottom prevents sliding around. It hasn't tipped over when she rises, so no accidents there. Matching the potty training with pull-ups, we haven't reached the stage where she asks for potty, so we are trying a sit down around the times she is likely to pee and praising widely when she does. When we get to the stage she asks for potty, we'll try to get her to do "number 2s". It's all about patience and not putting her under pressure.
The ability to use as a stool to reach the sink is another benefit. Not likely to use it while she is pottying, but once it is the norm to have the seat on the big toilet, that frees it up as a step stool.
She has no issue with the plainness or whiteness that another reviewer mentioned (we thought we might add stickers but decided against, as better for her to understand this is functional and not a toy).
[Footnote: the family are staying with us grandparents at the moment, hence the descriptions of "we").

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20