Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

No Man's Sky (PS4)
No Man's Sky (PS4)
Offered by PirStore

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece!, 14 Sept. 2016
This review is from: No Man's Sky (PS4) (Video Game)
People don't know what to do with freedom. Most certainly don't want it. Hear the calls for multi-player. The strident complaints of there being nothing to do. The game is a jump in the evolution of entertainment. Each of us is completely alone in a box of bone in a utterly indifferent universe. There is nothing to do bar what you decide to do. Accept the solitude and the meaninglessness of existence and then embrace it. And then celebrate it. No Man's Sky have given us a universe to explore. Not varied enough? Repetitive? Where does the urgent need for variety and novelty come from? Perhaps a loathing of sitting with yourself and facing your isolation?
I wish Sean and his team all the best. What they have created is a masterpiece. The game is nothing less than a comment on the human condition. The full significance of their achievement will not be appreciated for a while. In the meantime - Haters gonna hate.

Audition (Collector's Edition) [DVD] [2001]
Audition (Collector's Edition) [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Ryo Ishibashi
Offered by movielovers786

5.0 out of 5 stars thank god for asian cinema, 27 April 2014
Wow. i think what i found most disturbing about this film was that i would of done exactly the same as the male protagonist.i'm even sure whether the knowledge of her being a twisted homicidal maniac would have put me off she was that beautiful. i think i would have continued to love her and forgive her even as she was sawing of my foot. is it just me or are men really stupid?

Gateways to Now
Gateways to Now
Offered by Audible Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Potentially life changing, 13 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Gateways to Now (Audio Download)
The clearest and most practical exposition of freeing yourself from ego thoughts I have found.

Who would've thought the saxophone could feature successfully in a piece of music meant for reflection and meditation? It doesn't. The musical interludes are a liability and ruin an otherwise perfect offering from Tolle.

Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)
Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome fun!, 18 May 2012
This review is from: Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Mystified at negative reviews. I'm loving this game - it's the most fun I've had from a computer game in ages (since Portal 2 actually. Before that, half life 2 but I digress. Minecraft is pretty cool too). Atmospheric, and entertaining. One of the few games I shall probably finish; it grabs me for short intense sessions, I can leave it for a while (real life etc) and then lets me in again without me struggling to remember what I am supposed to be doing. I also do not have to remember some bizarre UI. I always walk away from a session chuckling and I rarely chuckle.

Serenity [DVD] [2005]
Serenity [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Nathan Fillion

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this film!, 9 Jun. 2006
This review is from: Serenity [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
I can't think of a single criticism. Perfectly balanced - a joy to watch.

Feersum Endjinn
Feersum Endjinn
by Iain M. Banks

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and damned funny, 29 Mar. 2006
This review is from: Feersum Endjinn (Paperback)
Ye gods this man can write. One of my favourite reads and I don't even like science fiction. It's a rare book that can make you chortle one moment and make you shake your head in wonder the next.