Profile for Cloud 7 > Reviews

Content by Cloud 7

Cloud 7 "Cloud7" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
Racksoy Professional Bluetooth CSR 4.0 Mini USB Dongle Adapter Plug and Play 20 - 50M For PC Laptop (Square) Compatible with Window XP / Vista / Windows 7 (32-Bit + 64-Bit), Windows 8 (32-Bit + 64-Bit) Black
Offered by Racksoy

3.0 out of 5 stars Great dongle, even for Windows 7 64-bit, as long as you use alternative drivers, 24 Mar. 2015
This is a great USB bluetooth dongle with one problem, albeit a problem that cost me no small amount of time to solve, which is why I have only given the dongle 3 stars.

I could not, initially, get it to work on Windows 7 64-bit. Both Microsoft's own bluetooth drivers plus the drivers included on the disk that ships with the dongle, installed correctly. However, the dongle could either not detect, or could not connect to, or, if able to connect, could not provide any services. I tried the dongle with 2 phones, a bluetooth headset, 2 bluetooth speakers and found problems with each.

After an hour of trying I uninstalled the drivers that came with the dongle and searched for alternative drivers for the CSR chipset used in this dongle and eventually found drivers that work very effectively on Windows 7 64-bit. They are from Toshiba and support Atheros, Broadcom, CSR and RFMD (Silicon Wave) bluetooth chipsets. The interface is very easy to navigate, they detect and connect swiftly and support all of the services that I have required so far however they have one downside in that they only offer up to bluetooth specification v3.0 + HS support. The bluetooth profile support is however extensive (see list below) so this should not deter anybody that requires to use the drivers, which, although supposedly only for Toshiba notebooks and Toshiba Bluetooth adapters, work fine on my desktop computers They are available from:

Windows 7 64-bit

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2015 9:40 PM GMT

Pro Double Dual Head Stethoscope Doctor Nurse EMT Vet Medical Health Care
Pro Double Dual Head Stethoscope Doctor Nurse EMT Vet Medical Health Care
Offered by GOMARK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, excellent value, stethoscope, great for fault finding computer equipment, 31 Dec. 2014
Great quality at an unbelievable price, just what the doctor ordered for diagnosing faulty hard drives.

ARCTIC MX-2 (30g) - Professional thermal compound for CPU and GPU - High thermal conductivity with a low thermal resistance - Easy and safe application - Long durability

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly thermally conductive, long lasting and easy to work with, 31 Dec. 2014
This thermal compound is extremely good quality, it has very high thermal conductance, almost as good as the MX-4 compound, and is a lot easier to work with than Arctic Silver 5 while being a lot cheaper than both of these alternatives. It is very tacky, has the advantage of not being electrically conductive, and seems to remain effective for a long time. I buy a lot of thermal compound and, for now, will be looking no further than Arctic MX-2

CAT Footwear Collateral Hiker, Men High Rise Hiking Shoes, Yellow (Honey), 11 UK (45 EU)
Price: Click here to see our price

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but not made out of leather thus lack durability and breathability, 31 Dec. 2014
I already own 3 pairs of Caterpillar Restore boots and, from the photos, these boots look very much like the Restore. However, the Restore boot has leather uppers with a man made skirt around the upper, in order to prevent water ingress, and the boot itself is very durable and extremely comfortable, even after hours of walking. In contrast, upon receiving these boots, I found that the upper of the Collateral boot is entirely a man made, PU type, material, that does not feel durable or breathable at all. Some buyers have stated that the contrasting detailing on the upper (front skirt, mid tongue and heel) is real leather but I examined this under a powerful, illuminated, magnifying glass and it is also an artificial, man made material, like a good quality faux, suede, leather.

The man made upper looks and feels plasticky and will not age, like the nubuck leather that almost all other Caterpillar boots are made from. Although this boot feels comfortable, and is slightly lighter than the Restore boot, I am returning mine as I will never use these boots. I am heavy on my walking boots and these feel as though they would last me only a matter of a few weeks plus, even wearing them for only a few minutes in the house, with wool walking socks, my feet were very hot. I would hate to think how sweaty they would be after a few hours hard walking. My oldest Restore boots are now over 3 years old and still look and feel great.

I suppose the only plus to the artificial upper in this boot is that they will not require a waterproofer to prevent water ingress, however, when walking in anything but the coldest weather, I think these boots will cause your feet to sweat so much that the fact that they keep water out will be irrelevant.

New MasRula 1200LM Lumens CREE XM-L XML T6 LED Rechargeable 18650 Headlamp Headlight Torch

3.0 out of 5 stars A good headlight let down by very poor 18650 batteries, 6 Nov. 2014
The light itself is well made, quite small and neat, is relatively lightweight, emits a very strong, focusable, cool white (around 7000 kelvin) beam, and runs quite cool, even on the highest beam of the 3 modes (high, low, flash). The battery pack is mounted to sit at the rear of the wearers helmet and takes one 18650 battery (2 of which are included) or 3 AAA batteries via a special, included, battery holder. The battery pack has a small red light in it that glows when the headlight is switched on and may add a little to rear visibility The light can be switched on and off via a small, chrome, push switch on the top of the light, which is easy to locate and operate while cycling, running, etc.

The package comes with two 18650 3.7v Li-ion batteries, labelled as Ultrafire 3000mah, which are the primary weak point of this package as they are nowhere near their stated 3000 mah capacity. I have an Imax B6 battery charger and it measures the capacity of these batteries at under 500 mah. This is less than one sixth the stated capacity. To try to be fair I put the batteries through 5 charge discharge cycles, in order to ensure that the problem was not simply one of them having lain dormant for a prolonged time but they never managed to achieve above 500mah.

If the buyer already owns or is willing to purchase high quality 18650s the MasRula headlamp may suit them. The option to use 3xAAA batteries is not really viable as the highest capacity one could achieve is around 1000mah. The headlight itself consumes around 700ma on high beam and 300ma on low beam so even the highest capacity AAA batteries would last less than 90 minutes on high beam.

In summary, apart from the included batteries, this is a reasonably good light but given the price of 18650 batteries, this failing alone warrants the 3 star rating I have given the headlight.

Waterproof Wax, Gold Label. Re-proofing For All Waxed Cotton Garments, 400 GM
Waterproof Wax, Gold Label. Re-proofing For All Waxed Cotton Garments, 400 GM
Offered by Equestrian Performance

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, easy to apply and excellent results., 2 Nov. 2014
I own a pair of waxed cotton walking trousers that recently started to allow rain to penetrate as they required re-waxing. There was a choice between the wax sprays, which seemed to include a lot of solvents and require to be sprayed outdoors or with windows open, or the tins of wax, most of which seemed to require heating before use and often resulted in uneven application. I dislike solvent heavy sprays so I decided on the tins of wax and when I read that Gold Label was soft enough to be applied without heating I decided to purchase a tin.

The wax arrived within 2 days of ordering and inside 30 minutes the trousers were re-coated to perfection, which was surprising considering I had zero prior experience. The success was entirely due to the Gold Label wax which surpassed all expectations. The soft wax was easy to apply straight from the tin using a tightly scrunched J-cloth. After application the wax had not fully penetrated the cotton and was somewhat uneven but 5 minutes with a hot iron on cotton setting and the wax was evenly spread, had penetrated the cotton leaving it flexible but waterproof, and my previously sad looking trousers had been revitalized.

I have used about a sixth of the tin on a pair of 32W x 36L trousers so I would imagine that a waxed jacket requiring heavy reproofing may use a quarter of a tin.

Professional Digital Light Meter - CEM DT-1308
Professional Digital Light Meter - CEM DT-1308
Offered by Coshinegroup

5.0 out of 5 stars Best light meter I have used, 24 Jan. 2014
I already owned 2 light meters and had tried and returned another when I found the CEM DT-1308. I was looking for a meter that was not only accurate but also allowed me to measure above the 200,000 Lux maximum of my existing meter. The 40 to 400,000 Lux range of this meter made this perfect for my requirements.

This meter is much larger (17x8x4.3 cm inc rubber boot) than either of my existing meters, a Tenma and an Iso-Tech ILM350 and weighs about 3 times as much, so if portability is a priority it may not suit. However, it is extremely robust, easy to use, has a large light sensor, a very useful backlit display, can switch easily between Lux and Foot Candles and seems to be very accurate.

I did not buy mine from Amazon although the price here is now better than I paid. This meter may be slightly more expensive than many now offered in the 10-20 pound range but the accuracy and wide range alone make it well worth the extra, In addition it seems to be made to last with a robust casing reenforced by the green, heavy rubber outer case and the snug fitting, clip-on, sensor cover.

All in this is a very good meter but may not be for anyone with portability as a top priority.

Helly Hansen Men's HH Warm Freeze 1/2 Zip Thermal Baselayer Top - Espresso, X-Large
Offered by Marine and Outdoor

5.0 out of 5 stars Style and functionality, 10 April 2013
I now have four of these Helly Hansen warm freeze tops in different colours. I previously bought Craft baselayers and was very happy with them until I bought my first Warm Freeze and I have hardly worn my Craft baselayers since. The quality is superb and although the merino outer layer is bonded to a synthetic Lifa inner layer there are none of the odours that are so often associated with synthetic baselayers after a day of physical exercise. The tops run slightly small compared to my Craft baselayers so I had to move up from L to XL (I'm 195cm tall with a 110 cm chest) but the arms and back are long enough for my 6ft 5" frame and the neck fits very neatly (I normaly wear a 16.5 neck in a shirt) . During the past couple of very cold, dry months here in Scotland I have worn this top plus a gillet while running or cycling and have never felt cold plus any sweat just seems to disappear. Very highly recommended

Sitram Bamboo 20 cm Saucepan Without Lid
Sitram Bamboo 20 cm Saucepan Without Lid

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb design and functionality, 10 April 2013
This is the third of these Sitram bamboo pans that I have bought, one smaller than this and also a frying pan. The quality of this range is superb, the copper sandwich base distríbutes heat very evenly and as a result I find I burn food very rarely. The bamboo handle is a brilliant thermal insulator and provides good grip. In addition the stainless steel is so smooth that the pan has been amazingly easy to clean. Excellent French cookware

Sitram Bamboo 18 cm Saucepan Without Lid
Sitram Bamboo 18 cm Saucepan Without Lid

5.0 out of 5 stars Who needs teflon?, 10 April 2013
Since buying this Sitram saucepan my "non-stick" pan has been evicted. Boiling milk, making porridge or a sauce this pan is brilliant. The thick copper sadwiched base means that heat is very evenly distributed and there are no hot spots. Therefore, with a little care, nothing gets burnt. In addition it cleans really easily. I liked it so much I also bought its big brother the 20cm pan and the frying pan. A great range from Sitram

Page: 1 | 2