Profile for Andrew Barnes > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Moov Now Wearable Audio Coach - Blizzard White
Moov Now Wearable Audio Coach - Blizzard White

3.0 out of 5 stars Swimming??? Not the be all and end all, 25 July 2016
How well this works for you is going to depend on how sporty you are. I got mine for swimming in particular.
If you're the type of person who is looking to get fit and need a little motivation then this is probably for you.
If you're (quite) athletic then I'm not so sure. I fit in the second category.

The positive - it'll count laps and give you a breakdown of times (pace, rest) and stroke length. It detects the stroke you're using well enough. Everything worked well connecting it to my iOS phone and the band or device didn't slip (its only day 1 though).

The negative - I kind of thought it would have more on the coaching side, but I suspect its just general advice you could read on the internet e.g. "posture is key...", "less splashing helps", etc. The statements are good, but am not so sure they've been given based on MY swim! Maybe it could've told me angle of hand entry on a freestyle, or if I'm splaying too wide when performing breaststroke or something.

I've used it once so far and the only thing keeping me from sending it back is the breakdown of the session - which I'll analyse myself and work out improvements. I got mine on discount too :-)

One more thing, it took ages to get my moov now, so don't count on the earliest free delivery date given by amazon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2016 9:21 PM BST

Floradix Liquid Iron and Vitamin Formula  500ml
Floradix Liquid Iron and Vitamin Formula 500ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Is a staple part of diet now, 22 July 2016
If you're a fitness fanatic and/or just feel under the weather, buy it.
I did and felt the difference after a few days consumption - less tired, less weak.
Tastes like fruit juice.

Flexitol Heel Balm Medically Proven Treatment For Dry & Cracked Heels - 112g
Flexitol Heel Balm Medically Proven Treatment For Dry & Cracked Heels - 112g
Offered by Footcare UK Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but there's better, 22 July 2016
This is a good balm and works well enough. I've docked one star in hindsight as there's a better product out there (which is also suitable for diabetics). Its what (some) podiatry workers use. Its less greasy and more like a moisturiser. Smells better too. Ureka 25 Percent Urea Footcare Cream for Excessively Dry Skin 50 ml.
I see some reviews boohoo these kind of products, but if you're not removing dead skin with a correct procedure first then it won't work. Its not a miracle worker.
I've had great results.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2016 10:31 PM BST

Amphibia Sports Ring (Large)
Amphibia Sports Ring (Large)
Offered by LUCRATIVE PURSUIT

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy for swimming, 22 July 2016
Use these all the time for swimming. Lasted about 18 months for me.

Rynil Stop Snoring Spray
Rynil Stop Snoring Spray
Offered by Tiger Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Give it a try, 22 July 2016
It opens up your nostrils nicely so if your snoring is nasal based then its mainly good. There is a bit of a sting as you apply, but you get used to it and its not THAT strong.

The main thing I noticed is that its effect can wear off during the night...so I found myself waking up with a blocked nose at times!

Personally, I've stopped using it as it just reminded me of a sudafed nasal spray - its potency diminishes the more you use it (your body gets used to it maybe).

Speedo Atami II, Men's Beach and Pool Shoes, Black (Black/White), 11 UK (44 EU)
Speedo Atami II, Men's Beach and Pool Shoes, Black (Black/White), 11 UK (44 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely buy one size smaller, 15 April 2016
Good product. Luckily I read the reviews before buying. Definitely buy one size below your normal. I'm a 12 normally (with reasonably wide feet) and bought an 11. I could've gone for a 10 or 10.5 if they'd had them.
The product itself is comfy and I love the soft upper - comfy and less abrasion when walking/in the sun.

Wahl Professional Corded Clipper Magic Clip Precision Fade Clipper 5 Star Series 230-240V 50Hz. (Uk Plug)
Offered by Hair Products Online Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy them, you won't regret it., 23 Mar. 2016
I bought this as I'd moved and was fed up of trying to find a new barber and then finding I have to find parking and then wait ages for a cut.
Anyway, these clippers are great! I got mine on another shopping website, but just had to post a review. They cut well and best of all they cut SMOOTH.
I've owned a set of Super Tapers many years ago and these are so much better. When I attempted to perform fade cuts with the S.T. there would be the odd patch that would take time to correct. With these its seconds and rarely happens.
With the S.T.s any smoothness in the cut faded after a couple months. These are still going strong.
I'm no pro and am cutting my own hair at home. With these I did a good fade cut the first time! I'd say its down to the clippers more than me.
I did buy some extra combs 0.5 and 1.5 on another well known site.
Other reviews online go on about motor speed, etc. Just try these and use the extra money you save (from buying clippers with a super duper motor) for something else!

iPhone 6S Case, Spigen [Air Skin] Ultra-Thin [Soft Clear] Premium Semi-transparent Lightweight / Exact Fit / No Bulkiness Hard Case for iPhone 6S (2015) - Soft Clear (SGP11595)

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, if a bit flimsy, 24 Feb. 2016
As others have said, this case fits REALLY well. The holes for the mic are very precise. You just have to be careful when taking the case on/off. Its very flimsy. I've got one fingernail dent by the lower antenna and the other is a cut just above the headphone socket. My advice is to always to start taking the case off from the on/off button side and don't start prying/lifting where there are punched holes.

I had an issue with it charging with the cover on, but then had a lightbulb moment...the charging hole isn't wide enough for a micro usb to lightning adapter, but fits fine for the normal lightning pin.

Overall, this is how I'd want ALL cases to fit a phone, so its top marks from me.

I've removed a star after months of use. The edge near the down volume button is bending away (so no longer flush with the phone).

READING SKILLS 2nd Edition: How to Read Better and Faster - Speed Reading, Reading Comprehension & Accelerated Learning (Brain Teasers, Body Language, ... Productivity, Learn More, Process Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars An overview. No depth, 30 Oct. 2015
If you've previously read Buzan and/or X then you'll have an idea what's in this book. The book is like an overview of the techniques covered. Not much detail so no real insight. If I'd purchased the ebook at its original price I'd be fuming. I wouldn't buy the paperback, too much for what it is.
One good thing has come out of the book. I've realised anybody can now be an author with ebooks. Might write my own one if this is the standard.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great razor. Go for it!, 18 Aug. 2015
This is a great starter for a double edged (DE) razor. I searched for a while before committing to the Merkur. It was a good decision!
I've been using it for a while and each time I clean it (after shaving) it looks pristine.
If you're pondering whether you should go for a DE, just do it! I won't go back to gillette fusion and their expensive prices for refills. Blades for DE razors are CHEAP and so much better for your skin. I used to laugh at my dad's razor (as old-fashioned), but now I know why he used it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4