Profile for Gypsy > Reviews

Into the Darkest Corner
Into the Darkest Corner
by Elizabeth Haynes

2.0 out of 5 stars An absolutely dreadful book, 5 July 2012
After reading the wonderful reviews about the book, I was looking forward to reading it. It's a dreadful, tedious, glorified Mills & Boon. The descriptions of OCD and abuse were not convincing with only a very minimum description of what it's really like to suffer these terrible afflictions. The whole book is wriiten in very bad taste. An absolutely dreadful book.

Nintendo DSi XL Wine Red
Nintendo DSi XL Wine Red
Offered by Stirling Cash Converters

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 24 Feb. 2012
Love it! This is my 1st DS and it's terrific. It's so easy to use anywhere and I've had tremendous fun with Professor Layton and mystery games. I like the screen size, it boots up imediately and would recomend purchasing.

The Guide
The Guide
by Dr. William George Holden

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! factor, mind blowing, awsome 10 STAR rating, 4 April 2011
This review is from: The Guide (Paperback)
Hello I'm Marilyn 'THE GUIDE' is an absolutely terrific mind blowing reading experience. It's a very powerful, awe-inspiring, enjoyable, easy to read and understand book. I love the way it's written, as a conversation between two friends. It's exciting to be able to relate to Paul's questions and Maya's 'aha moment' explanations. It's incredible, it simplifies and reinforces the powerful inspiring message of how to really obtain, positive, uplifting, exciting, life-changing experiences and transform ourselves within a few short weeks into becoming, whole, healthy, incredibly happy individuals. It's a must buy very powerful book. I've given 'the guide' to my family and friends and sent one to my son in Canada, and all have experienced the WOW factor! - 'A W S O M E'!!
Happy reading, Marilyn

The Key to Living the Law of Attraction: The Secret To Creating the Life of Your Dreams
by Jack Canfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive Thinking, 5 July 2010
This is a good little book, easy to read with enjoyable exercises. The exercises are helpful in making choices about our lives and what we may want from life. It brings together basic suggestions from many other 'Self Help' books in a short compact version. I've enjoyed reading many 'Self Help' books including, Louise L Hay:'I can heal your life' (brilliant), Shakli Gawain:'Positive Visualization'(brilliant), Deepak Chopra: '7 Laws of Success'(brilliant). 'The Secret'(very good), Esther & Jerry Hicks(dreadful) and many more similar books, most of which I have learned to try to look at life more positively and through doing so, in spite of some of the horendous things that life has thrown at me, I have learned and still am learning to accept and love the simple things in nature and life. 'The Key to Living the Law of Attraction' is easy to read and contains shortened good cherry picked ideas from a variety of others similar books. If anyone wishes to expand upon any of the ideas, try some of my suggestions but avoid the long winded, boring, boring E&J Hicks/Abrahams.

The Answer Is Simple Oracle Cards
The Answer Is Simple Oracle Cards
Offered by Book Depository

5.0 out of 5 stars The Answer is Simple Oracle Cards, 1 Jun. 2010
I like these cards, I like the beautiful pictures and colours. I have found the cards to be very acurate to my queries. When I have been mulling things over in my mind and then chosen 1,2, or 3 cards, I have been amazed at how relevant the cards have been to my thoughts. They have helped me to see the situation from more than one point of view. They are gentle, lovely, lovely cards and yes I can recomend them.

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Millennium Trilogy Book 3)
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Millennium Trilogy Book 3)
by Stieg Larsson

4.0 out of 5 stars Hornets Nest, 1 Jun. 2010
Too Long! I enjoyed the book and loved Lisbeth but got bored with all the minute detail and found myself skimming rather than reading in many parts. However, I have enjoyed the trilogy and would recomend others to read the books in the correct order only. The first book is a story on its own but introduces the main characters but the 2nd and 3rd do follow on from each other. However, I have enjoyed reading the trilogy.

The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium Trilogy Book 2)
The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium Trilogy Book 2)
by Stieg Larsson

5.0 out of 5 stars Girl who played with fire, 1 Jun. 2010
I enjoyed this book much better than the girl with the dragon tattoo. I feel to know the main character due to reading Dragon tattoo. This book is much more exciting. I think it is too long and 200 pages could quite easily have been cut out without it spoiling the story. However it is a good adventure,mistery, crime story and leaves you wanting to read the 3rd book in the series.

Precious Lives
Precious Lives
by Margaret Forster

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 8 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Precious Lives (Paperback)
Very interesting book. Takes me back to my younger days and the hard, difficult times for my parents, relations and friends. Nostalgic, very well written.

Simple Fortunetelling with Tarot Cards: Corrine Kenner's Complete Guide
Simple Fortunetelling with Tarot Cards: Corrine Kenner's Complete Guide
by Corrine Kenner

4.0 out of 5 stars Ask and the answer is there, 8 Nov. 2009
Love this book. It explains reading the cards in a friendly, easy manner. All the questions I have wanted answers to are answered. Only fault is the size, the book is quite large to handle, a smaller book-size would improve it. However the contents are great.

Company of Liars
Company of Liars
by Karen Maitland

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 6 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Company of Liars (Paperback)
I only read this book because it was on a leaflet re-a book club. I've never been to a book club, not my scene but saw the title and tried it. I've loved it. The characters became alive and talked to me. My feelings were drawn into their feelings and adventures. I especially enjoyed the twists in the tales. It certainly made me think about mine and others' secrets. I'm even thinking of going along to the book club to discuss how others enjoyed it.
Read it, love it.