Profile for Pete54 > Reviews

Hibiscus tea 4 boxes x 20 tea bags bioprograma t
Hibiscus tea 4 boxes x 20 tea bags bioprograma t
Offered by RUSSIAN & BULGARIAN BOOKS, COLLECTIBLES, REMEDIES & COSMETICS

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty good value tea with health benefits, 23 Mar. 2016
These small tea bags produce strong cups of tasty hibiscus tea. It's quite a sharp but pleasant flavor, that some may prefer with sugar or a sweetener. It has the added health benefits of reducing blood pressure, so they say. I drink one before bed most nights. Good value too compared with similar tea bags bought in UK, if you can find them.

Intex Small Family Frame Pool 3m x 2m x 0.75m #28272
Intex Small Family Frame Pool 3m x 2m x 0.75m #28272
Offered by Toysworld

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooling and convenient, 17 July 2014
I bought this for my wife and I and grown up son to cool off in hot weather. It's well made and easy to setup. It takes quite a while to fill up and empty as it's a large capacity. I prefer it to the circular inflatable ring one we used previously, which kept getting punctures and took ages to pump up and clean out. Rather than pack it up completely - which would take time to dismantle, I just pull out the vertical supports then disconnect the joints on the 2 side poles so that the pool can fold up and store in our garage. It was delivered quicker than expected - as 1 heavy box.

Tenn Coolflo Long Sleeve Cycling Jersey GB Red White Blue Lrg
Tenn Coolflo Long Sleeve Cycling Jersey GB Red White Blue Lrg

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite stylish but a bit short, 27 July 2012
For the price this is not a bad shirt. I chose the long sleeved one to wear in warm rather than hot weather with an undershirt. I'm only 5'5" and the large size is a bit short around the waist - although it doesn't ride up to leave a gap. The pockets are very small too, and not really big enough to safely store an iPhone or wallet. Also the sleeves are a little baggy. It looks good and I think the design is better than the proper Olympic ones!

Mens More Mile Red Short Sleeve Cycle Jersey Top
Mens More Mile Red Short Sleeve Cycle Jersey Top
Offered by The Sportswear Factory

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value comfortable shirt, 27 July 2012
I've got three of these for cycling - a red, yellow and a blue one. They fit nicely (Mine are large size and I'm about 42" chest). The pockets are a decent size and air flow is good. I did have a problem with the zip on the pocket but managed to fix it. Also I machine washed the yellow one and it came out faded with some black on the yellow. So they are probably best hand washed.

Mens More Mile Short Sleeve Cycle Jersey Top Blue/Black MM1217
Mens More Mile Short Sleeve Cycle Jersey Top Blue/Black MM1217
Offered by The Sportswear Factory

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value comfortable jersey, 26 Jun. 2012
I've got three of these shirts now in yellow, red and blue. They are are comfortable and good value. I bought the large size ones and I'm a 42" chest (short and stocky) which gives enough room for ventilation or to wear a base layer underneath if I want. The pockets are a decent size and the shirt is long enough with a good non-slip waist band. The black bits are aerated, the coloured material is quite soft and the chest zip is quite long. My only complaint is that the back zip on the pocket has broken, but it's only a tiny extra 4th pocket. Also the blue shirt is a bit darker that in the picture, but bright enough to be safe. It's not quite as high-vis as the yellow and red ones though.

Alpine MusicSafe Pro Filter Ear Plugs for Musicians - White
Alpine MusicSafe Pro Filter Ear Plugs for Musicians - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for band practices, 18 Feb. 2011
I play bass in a band and stand close to the drums. I've tried these earplugs at a couple of practices so far using the white inserts and they reduce the overall sound and particularly loud cymbal and high frequency noises, but you can still hear bass, lead guitar, vocals and drums ok. Plus you don't have to remove them to talk and listen to others between songs. I'm not sure whether I'll use them at a gig yet and haven't tried the other 2 coloured inserts.

The Bradburys of Leeds
The Bradburys of Leeds

4.0 out of 5 stars Record of J Bradbury and Sons family business, 6 Jan. 2011
This book, written by my father, documents the history of a family pork butchers business J Bradbury and Sons, which was set up by Joseph Bradbury (my Great Grandfather) who was born in 1869. It provides some amusing anecdotes and valuable historical accounts of life in the early and mid 1900s in the Leeds area. The family business opened up 21 shops in the Leeds and Bradford area by the 1950s, but was bought up by Associated Dairies (ASDA) in the 1960s - for whom my father worked as an accountant until his retirement.

There are of course other Bradburys in Leeds not related to our branch. I've traced my ancestors back to Pateley Bridge, and according to census data they moved to the Holbeck area of Leeds in around 1800 to work in iron foundries.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2011 6:39 PM GMT