Profile for Sara > Reviews

Content by Sara

Sara "sazzle87" (Derbyshire)

Trickster's Choice (Aliane (Paperback))
Trickster's Choice (Aliane (Paperback))
by Tamora Pierce

5.0 out of 5 stars Pierce - still got it., 10 July 2006
First and foremost may I just write a small response to one of the above reviews (mentioning no names of course and in the nicest way possible) that this is a FANTASY novel. Yes, the heroine is attracted to a "crow-man" but then Aly is a completely different heroine to Pierce's former female protagonists.

Still, the most important thing to say here is that the books are fantastic! I was looking forward to them for so long (and at the age of 18 this it is one of the most embarrassing things - going into bookshops into the children's fantasy section) and I was NOT disappointed. Once again Pierce combines her extensive knowledge of medieval warfare, a witty writing style, subtle amounts of feminism and satisfying links back to her more 'famous' characters to provide us with another enjoyable perspective into the Tortallan world.

Song of the Lioness Quartet
Song of the Lioness Quartet
by Tamora Pierce

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC FICTION, 3 Nov. 2005
I'm sorry, I know many of you out there probably think I'm an absolute nutter but hear me out. Thousands of Americans are loving Tamora Pierce and have done so for a good 10 years now. Why shouldn't the Brits get their say?! I first read The Woman Who Rides Like A Man (the third book in the series) at about the age of 9 or 10 and I fell in love with it. The expression, "nose stuck in a book", yep, that was me. With her breathtaking mix of gender issues, class issues, sexuality, romance, fighting, Pierce has woven a masterpiece that can only be congratulated. This quartet is a MUST for ANY person; man, woman, girl or boy, who wants to read more fantasy fiction. I just have one word - fanb****ytastic.