Profile for N. Fallon > Reviews

Content by N. Fallon

N. Fallon (Northants, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Grimm: A Novel In The Nate Temple Supernatural Thriller Series (The Temple Chronicles Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Humour, great storyline and a range of great characters, 27 Aug. 2016
First of all it is worth a reminder that this is not the first book in the series and so, although you would still be able to enjoy this book without doing so, it would be better to read Obsidian Son and Blood Debt first. After enjoying the first Obsidian Son and then the even better Blood Debt for their varied characters, storyline and humour I was so pleased that Grimm was even better. It had the trademark slightly dark humour from the fast paced start and the momentum continued throughout the book so that I didn't want to put it down until I had finished. If you enjoy myth based fantasy with engaging storylines, characters that you can laugh and empathise with and slightly dark humour then this series is most definitely for you

Cozy Mystery Bundle #1 (South Lane Detective Agency)
Cozy Mystery Bundle #1 (South Lane Detective Agency)

5.0 out of 5 stars Humour and detectives with different approaches, 26 Aug. 2016
First of all I received a copy of this book in an exchange for an honest review but, as I rely on reviews myself, I am only interested in giving honest ones anyway.

Any new series of novellas is likely to have a slower start due to giving time to figuring out who the characters are but even though this was the case for the first book, which was by no means bad just not as good as the following books, there was a clear indication of the potential for this series.

Casey is intelligent and no-nonsense and Zane, her ex but also responsible for putting funding up to start the South Lane Detective Agency, is used to higher social circles and playing their games. The humour is there from start to finish and their characters develop and show new aspects through the books.

If you want a light-hearted detective series then please give these a try from the author of the Ononokin series (if you haven't seen these then I would recommend having a look at these too especially if you are a fan of Terry Pratchett)

Blood Debts: A Novel In The Nate Temple Supernatural Thriller Series (The Temple Chronicles Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Myth based fantasy with engaging storyline, characters to laugh and empathise with and slightly dark humour, 31 July 2016
First of all it is worth a reminder that this is not the first book in the series and so, although you would still be able to enjoy this book without doing so, it would be better to read Obsidian Son first. After enjoying the Obsidian Son for the varied characters, storyline and humour I was so pleased that Blood Debts was even better. It had a fast paced start, which is why it is useful (but not essential) to already be familiar with the original characters while being introduced to new ones. The momentum continued throughout the book so that I didn't want to put it down until I had finished. If you enjoy myth based fantasy with engaging storylines, characters that you can laugh and empathise with and slightly dark humour then this series is most definitely for you

Obsidian Son: A Novel In The Nate Temple Supernatural Thriller Series (The Temple Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughing within first pages, 31 July 2016
I like reading for escapism as I have to read legislation and guidelines for work and so I look for something that will make me laugh as well as having a good story with pace and interesting characters. I was so pleased that this made me laugh within the first pages :-) Basically if you like fantasy with a strong storyline combined with a sense of humour then this series will be for you which is why I've already recommended it to friends :-)

Butterfly Bedroom Name Plaque Customised
Butterfly Bedroom Name Plaque Customised

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing customer service for custom request, 28 Jun. 2016
Amazing customer service for custom request! I emailed hoping for a chef's hat instead of butterflies and expectations were exceeded when cutlery finished the framing of the sign. The responses to my original and subsequent emails were all very prompt and so helpful, the order was placed Sunday and name plaque received Tuesday and all of this for a very good price. The plaque was fabulous only needing a lick of paint to waterproof it for outside, I have already recommended to my friends :-)

Block!
Block!

5.0 out of 5 stars fun shapes for blocks, 12 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Block! (App)
It took a little time of playing before an option was given to remove ads from the underground version but I was glad when it did. The shapes for blocks and frames to fit them in were good fun and I would happily recommend this addictive game :-)

Faery Forged (The War Faery Trilogy Book 2)
Faery Forged (The War Faery Trilogy Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed learning more about the characters around Izzy, 30 April 2016
I loved Faery Born which was the first in this supernatural series about the kick butt Izzy who doesn't take herself too seriously, and was so pleased that Faery Forged kept the interest and momentum. The story kept moving at a good pace with an easy to read style which is only a problem when you end up reading too late?! You find out more about Izzy in this book but I enjoyed learning more about the other characters around her too and of course all of this is done with the same sense of humour that ran through the first book. I'll be getting the next book as soon as I can.

Tracing ABC
Tracing ABC

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant for drawing shapes, numbers and letters (including custom words), 24 April 2016
This review is from: Tracing ABC (App)
Absolutely brilliant for drawing shapes, numbers and letters and has an area where you can add your own words where we added our son's name. It had an easy setting which can be used while little ones are getting used to what they are supposed to draw and then this setting can be made more difficult as they become more capable. I would definitely recommend this app.

Fosmon® (Youth Series) Childrens Capacitive Soft Rubber Tip Stylus Pen for ProntoTec 7 inch KidTab, BENEVE Kid's Tablet, Little Fingers ExplorerTab, Dragon Touch, Orbo Jr., Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Kids Edition, iPads & other Touch Screen Devices - Green, Blue, Pink, Red, Yellow (5 pcs pack)
Offered by theWireless USA

5.0 out of 5 stars All in one mould of rubber, perfect for drawing on tablets, 24 April 2016
These are perfect for encouraging my son to hold while drawing shapes, letters and numbers on his tablet. I love that they are all in one moulds of rubber so that you don't have to worry about any pieces falling off as a choking hazard. I would absolutely recommend!

Lift-the-Flap Opposites
Lift-the-Flap Opposites
by Melisande Luthringer
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite before bed, 24 April 2016
This is one of my son's favourite books before bed and I was pleasantly surprised how quickly he picked the opposites up, would definitely recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8