Profile for Noddy1964 > Reviews

Content by Noddy1964

Noddy1964

The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid book 7)
The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid book 7)

3.0 out of 5 stars Diary. Of the wimpy kid third wheel, 6 Aug. 2015
I couldn't understand some of the abbreviated words.
I liked how there was pictures to go along with paragraphs.
Over all it was a fun book to read

The Undercover Economist Strikes Back: How to Run or Ruin an Economy
The Undercover Economist Strikes Back: How to Run or Ruin an Economy

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as his other books, 17 Sept. 2013
I think this is a very well-written book, but, even acknowledging that the subject is complex and that there are no easy answers,I would have welcomed a more decisive stand by the author on key issues, which I felt was a bit "on the one hand, .....On the other hand,......". It seems obvious Tim Harford is more at home in microeconomics than macroeconomics. Nevetheless, it is very fluent and covers a vast amount of ground well. PS I read the kindle edition which often had the bottom line of the page missing.

World Championship Candidates' Tournament - Holland 1956
World Championship Candidates' Tournament - Holland 1956
by Baruch (Barry) H. Wood

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible quality, 21 May 2013
Admong loads of typos, was a first for me. On page 120, someone had corrected by hand the round number and pairings, and presumably photocopied or something. That's a first for me in many, many years of purchasing chess books - its not even the only example. Almost laughable!!!!

e-Study Guide for: Why We Buy : The Science of Shopping by Paco Underhill, ISBN 9780684849140

1.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointing, 22 Jun. 2012
I've read the actual book, and I don't believe this bears a lot of relevance. I really didn't understand what they have done with this. It took me only a few minutes to flick through, but as I say, unless you have only the most basic understanding, this will add minimally to it.