Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Profile for Becca > Reviews

Jumpin' Jack Flash [DVD][1987]
Dvd ~ Whoopi Goldberg
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars One of those gems, 29 Jan. 2017
I saw this a few years ago round a friend's house and meant to get this for ages. Finally did and so glad I did! Whoppi is amazing, she's hilarious! Thoroughly interesting plot & filled with laughs. Definitely a rare gem of a film

Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses: A feel good Christmas romance novel
Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses: A feel good Christmas romance novel

4.0 out of 5 stars Light Christmas read, 4 Jan. 2017
It was a light, Christmas read, which was enjoyable overall. I did get annoyed with Nick's character, he was a bit of a yo-yo, which I find frustrating but in the end it was sorted. A

Cold Feet at Christmas
Cold Feet at Christmas

1.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas version of 50 shades, 25 Nov. 2016
Essentially a Christmas version of 50 shades. The girl succumbs to the man and has passionate sex, quite an in depth description and it's tug of war, where both parties will one minute want the other & that one doesn't want them then flips the other way. It comes across as immature and shallow.

The Tenth Circle
The Tenth Circle
by Jodi Picoult

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed the link to Dante, 13 Sept. 2016
This review is from: The Tenth Circle (Paperback)
I really enjoyed the link to Dante, Picoult did it in a very clever way linking it with the story.

Usual picoult standard & the characters were interesting. I love Picoult books for the "what would you do?"

Third Girl (Poirot)
Third Girl (Poirot)
by Agatha Christie

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 13 Sept. 2016
This review is from: Third Girl (Poirot) (Paperback)
Thoroughly interesting story and enjoyed it all

iPhone 5 5C SE 5S Charger Cases MUZE 2200mAh Protective Battery Backup Cases with Built-in Kickstand (Rose gold)
Offered by MUZE Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 13 Sept. 2016
So handy and especially for when I went to London. And the days I go poke-hunting

A Diamond from Tiffany's
A Diamond from Tiffany's
by Melissa Hill

4.0 out of 5 stars The first half of the book was great but Melissa Hill I want to know what happened ..., 13 Sept. 2016
Well written throughout.

The first half of the book was great but Melissa Hill I want to know what happened with Terri!!! Created such great characters I want to know what happened.

The mini stories, although well written felt like page fillers. I loved the Venice half of the book - lovely shake up.

Vanishing Acts
Vanishing Acts
by Jodi Picoult

4.0 out of 5 stars Picoult does it again, 28 May 2016
This review is from: Vanishing Acts (Paperback)
Jodi Picoult produces another well written and well researched book. The characters are interesting and I found I genuinely wanted to know what was going on and what they were thinking.

I enjoyed the different characters having their own chapters, it carried the story forward but provided a different angle on the situation.

The story was an interesting choice. Fathers in the 70's didn't have the parental rights they do now, so it made me think "what would I do?" if I had concerns about my child and I knew no one would listen?

Princess More Tears to Cry
Princess More Tears to Cry
by Jean Sasson

5.0 out of 5 stars Like catching up with an old friend, 28 May 2016
Jean Sasson has worked hard on this series with Princess Sultana and it shows. When I read this book, I felt like I was catching up with an old friend I hadn't seen in a long time and it was a good catch up.

The way women are treated is shocking and frankly unacceptable. It still continues and Princess Sultana takes the reader on another journey. Thoroughly recommend the book and series as its well written & provides a good insight into a way of life and culture

The Rescue
The Rescue
by Nicholas Sparks

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 16 May 2016
This review is from: The Rescue (Paperback)
I picked this up from my to read pile of books to take away with and am so glad I did. Standard Sparks - a story with people at the heart of it.

I enjoyed the honesty of how the mum struggles with her son. I enjoyed watching her make friends and trusting people.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13