Profile for Ben > Reviews

Ben

Parklands
Parklands

5.0 out of 5 stars It really is a fantastic album., 15 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Parklands (MP3 Download)
A very, very SPECIAL album.

Stunning stuff. It really is a fantastic album.

HTC One M8 UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Gunmetal Grey
HTC One M8 UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Gunmetal Grey
Offered by STARS COM UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Even Better than the Award Winning M7!!!, 9 Jun. 2014
Where do I start? Apologies to start with the conclusion, or the summing up part, but the HTC One M8 is by far the best Smartphone I've ever had the good fortune of using.

There. I've said it.

But it's so much more than that. I've been using the M7 right up until I got the M8. I agonized over whether to get the M8 because the M7 was by far the best Smartphone I'd ever had the good fortune of using.

I thought 'surely it can't be better' and 'if it is better, can it really be that much better, better enough to warrant getting the M8'?

Yes on both counts.

Two things in particular have totally blown me away.

The first is the build quality. If you thought the M7 was drop dead gorgeous, then you're in for a real treat. The M8 is simply stunning. It's gorgeous. Just gorgeous. The look and feel of it in the hands is astonishingly good. And the Brushed Metal finish of the gunmetal version I've got is breathtaking. It really is one of the sexiest, if not THE sexiest piece of tech I've ever had. Fans of HTC will know their build quality is second to none, the M8 further blows everything else out of the water.

The second is the camera. The M7's radical Ultrapixel camera took a bit of getting used to and a while to buy into. But once you got beneath the surface and learnt how to use it the quality of photo's got better and better. The M8's camera is considerably better and even has an extra lens that gives you Lytro-like post production options to play with things like depth of field, 3D options, seasonal extras - those touches take it to the next level and you can have loads of fun with some of those options.

Elsewhere, Sense 6 is slicker, thinner and faster. The screen is amazing. BlinkFeed is considerably better with more customisation of feeds, your feeds. BoomSound is clearer, louder even. The Gallery app is improved. HTC's apps are now updatable in the Google Play Store now too.

HTC haven't rested on their laurels with this, they've innovated and taken what was a highly acclaimed, multi award winning phone and blown it out of the galaxy.

The HTC One M8 is a simply stunning piece of kit. My God it's good.

Tales from the Secret Footballer
Tales from the Secret Footballer
by Anon

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, Insightful, Unputdownable!, 12 Nov. 2013
I really enjoyed the first book from The Secret Footballer. It gave us football fans a real insight into the world that most of us wish we were gifted enough, as footballers, to be a part of.

I don't care who The Secret Footballer is. I kind of like the fact that we don't know his identity. It makes it more believable, more honest, more real. Of course there has been many names banded about, all 'it could be him', I just think that adds to the mystery.

So when I saw there was a new book and didn't even hesitate and purchased it straight away. And I'm glad I did. This book offers more insightful stories and paints a picture of the modern day footballer, what goes on behind the scenes, the stuff we all wish we could be flies on the wall for. It tells of tactics, stories from the pre season tours and changing rooms, about the mindset of a professional sportsman. It really is unputdownable and I read it cover to cover in a few days.

For me, I enjoyed Tales From The Secret Footballer even more than the first. It seems to have managed to get the reader even closer to the action which is all I could've hoped for from a follow up and more.

I sincerely hope there will be more books in this series. Whoever it is, he's tapped into an area that all us football fans want - to know what REALLY goes on after they've re-crossed that white line to go back to the changing room and behind the scenes.

Truly gripping. More please.

HTC 8X Windows Phone 8 UK Sim Free Smartphone - Blue
HTC 8X Windows Phone 8 UK Sim Free Smartphone - Blue
Offered by Fone-Central

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Phone. Iconic Design. Gorgeous Product, 8 Feb. 2013
I've not reviewed on here before but felt the need to in regard to the HTC 8X. It's simply stunning.

I'm blown away with the 8X. The biggest decision for me was whether to cross platform to Windows 8 as I have been an Android boy since day one. I'm also a huge fan of HTC phones so the decision to stay with HTC for this device was a given.

Apple and Samsung may lead the way in sales, but for me, HTC's product design and build quality is and always has been unparalleled. SECOND TO NONE. No one and nothing come close.

And this is where the 8X has blown me away. It just looks and feels stunning in the hand. I bought the California Blue model because it made a nice change from Black/Grey/White handsets. It's also a gorgeous looking shade of Blue, one where no photo does it justice. It's a real head turner.

But it really does feel like a premium/luxury product. And that is why I adore HTC.

So to the phone's features. Well Windows 8 has impressed me - and there's more and more apps in the store each day. And more developers are committing to the platform too.

The Camera is awesome. One of the best, if not, THE best I've known. It's certainly as good as the one on my One X handset. The front-facing camera is the best I've seen on any phone I've ever owned. Actually shocked at how good it is.

I work in music and have been impressed by the Beats Audio integration on HTC handsets and it again sounds great on the 8X. It's a nice touch, especially if you have a good pair of headphones too.

The Live Windows tiles are great and the interface is easy to get the hang of in minutes. As said previously, more and more apps are being added all the time which is great.

This handset is a real stunner. I just wish all smartphone manufactures had the real eye for detail and care into the materials and build quality as HTC have because the 8X is a stunning piece of kit. From a design point of view, I think this will prove to be an iconic design product for HTC because if all future handsets feel and look as good as the 8X then this will be a huge turning point for HTC.

Anker® Uspeed USB 3.0 Superspeed Multi-in-1 Card Reader 4-Slots for SDXC, SDHC, SD, CF, High-Speed CF (UDMA), MS, M2, Micro SDXC, Micro SDHC, Micro SD Cards [Support UHS-I]

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product, 21 Sept. 2012
I recently got one of these so I could use both SDHC and SDXC cards for my Nikon D5000 and phone and it's a fantastic product with super fast transfer speeds!!

It is a very well designed product, very compact, but with great build quality. It 'feels' a very good quality product that has been well thought out. It's robust and worked straight out of the box which is always nice. No problems at all. Plug and play all the way!

Like I said, the transfer speeds (USB 3.0) are ridiculously quick. Although it does work with USB 2.0/1.1. I actually tested it on my laptop which is USB 2.0 and the transfer speeds were still way faster than the inbuilt card reader on the laptop.

What I like about t most is that it doesn't require an additional power supply and is so portable.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this device. It's a sure-fire winner. It also arrived the next day. Fantastic service/product all round with excellent customer service.

THANK YOU!

Anker® SlimTalk Mobile Battery Pack 3200mAh Backup External Battery Pack Portable Power Bank Charger with Embedded Micro-USB and Flashlight for iPhone 5 4S 4 3GS 3G, iPod (OEM CABLE REQUIRED) / HTC One S One X, Sensation G14, Sensation XE XL, EVO 3D, Desire HD S Z, ThunderBolt / Samsung Galaxy S4, S3 I9300, S2 I9100, I9000, Galaxy Ace S5830, Galaxy Mini S5570, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note 2 / Motorola Triumph, Droid Razr, Defy, Defy + / LG Optimus / Nokia N9 Lumia - Black [Ultra Slim 0.4 Inch Profile]

5.0 out of 5 stars Anker SlimTalk, 13 July 2012
My Anker SlimTalk battery arrived a few days ago now and I have been blown away by it to be honest.

Having already purchased a few Anker products over the last few months, I had no hesitation in ordering the SlimTalk product as Anker is now a brand that I love and more importantly, trust.

The first thing that struck me is the SlimTalk battery's size. I know it's called that for a reason, but it is so compact and slim! I didn't expect it to be as thin and as small as it is - which makes it so easy to take with you anywhere for a bit of extra smartphone juice. You can pop it in your jacket pocket and it just doesn't take up any room at all. No bulk whatsoever.

Anker have clearly thought about the design of the SlimTalk and they've triumphed. Concealed down one of the sides is a neat 'pull out' micro USB that'll plug straight in to your Smartphone - it'll fit pretty much any Android phone and your iPhone etc. The beauty of that is that once you've charged the SlimTalk battery up at home, you don't need to take any leads with you on the move - because all you'll need is the SlimTalk and your phone. No extra leads. No extra bulk. Just your phone and the SlimTalk.

The SlimTalk has 4 lights which will tell you how much juice it has left (25-100%) and will charge your Smartphone in a couple of hours (obviously a lot less if you're just topping it up)

Once again, Anker have come up with a fantastic, fantastic product. Amazing value for the money. I will be buying some more as presents for my family because it really is an awesome piece of kit.

Well done Anker, and thank you!

Anker® Astro2 8400mAh Dual USB Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank Pack with Built-In Flashlight for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Nexus 4, HTC One, One 2 (M8), Motorola Droid, MOTO X, G, and most other USB-charged devices (Apple adapters - 30 pin and lightning, not included)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Awesome, 30 May 2012
I bought this for my Wife having recently bought a similar product by the same company, and I've got to admit, the portability of this model is just fantastic - I'm actually rather jealous.

It can be charged via the same cable that directly charges our HTC phones (same as iPhone) and once fully charged, comprises of around 4 FULL battery cycles. All from something smaller than the size of our phones.

It really is a phenomenal product and I fully recommend it - as does my Wife, who has a big smile on her face!

I can see myself borrowing this as it fits perfectly into the pocket of my record bag.

Thank you so much.

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro E3 10000mAh Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Anker® 2nd Gen Astro E3 10000mAh Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Product, 18 May 2012
I received this product yesterday and after 24 hours, I am already in love with it.

I bought it primarily for use for my HTC One X phone but have since found out that it comes with a serious amount of adapters - so I can also use it to charge my HTC Flyer tablet, my Nikon DSLR, my Flip HD Recorder, my laptop, my Panasonic Lumix Camera, my other HTC and Motorola phones - the list is endless! I'm made up because I didn't expect to get the amount of adapters that came with it. So I now have so many uses for it which is amazing for the price. I'm so happy that I bought this one whilst it's on offer. I have bought Anker batteries in the past so know about their reliability.

The unit itself is well designed and compact and is a little bigger than my phone. I'd say it's about the size of a portable hard drive.

It charged up in 5 hours and charged up my HTC One X phone up from 7% to 100% in just under 2 hours.

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this product. It really is a phenomenal piece of kit!

Quick note about LaptopmateUK - fantastic and arrived next day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2012 8:13 PM BST