Profile for Watt'stheNews > Reviews

Content by Watt'stheNews

Watt'stheNews (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Lenovo A Plus(A1010) Tempered Glass Anti Scratch Hardness Rating Screen Protector for Lenovo A Plus(A1010)(Crystal Clear Ultra-Thin)
Offered by Frlife

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and Clear, 5 Jun. 2017
Came a lot sooner than expected. Clear instructions. Works good with the phone, but further use will surely put this to the test. Nothing really scratched against it or anything at this stage either.

V&A® LENOVO A PLUS CASE (A1010a20) Flip Wallet Leather Book Card Slot Case Cover Pouch For Lenovo A Plus With Free Screen Protector & Touch Stylus (Blue)
Offered by Pooni

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, 5 Jun. 2017
Great and sturdy design, came promptly, and so far no issues. One thing that would have maybe looked at, though does not reduce my rating, is maybe having a pouch or something for the pen so they all can be mobile together.

NAVAdeal Ant Castle Farm, Live Ant Viewing Habitat
NAVAdeal Ant Castle Farm, Live Ant Viewing Habitat
Offered by NAVAdealUK

2.0 out of 5 stars Prepare for ant escapes, 14 May 2016
Disappointing. This item in my opinion is not fit for its manufacturing purpose - that being retaining ants for observation and having a colony. I've had two types of ants in this in the small time I've had it, and both managed to escape. I have now resorted to coated the inside of lids with Vaseline. I have sealed the bottom with the same as well.

It also says that the chamber is removable. I have not managed to remove this as of yet, as it does not seem possible without breaking. I am unsure if this is down to myself or simply false information.

The design itself is good. I am pleased with this part of it - but clearly the air vents need rethinking.

HYCOTE XDVX101 Double Acrylic Spray Paint
HYCOTE XDVX101 Double Acrylic Spray Paint

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but too little, 23 Aug. 2015
No trouble with this spray whatsoever. Easy to use, no blockage, and seems to have two variant spray speeds depending on how you press.
Only issue is, it's quite a small amount.

Liquitex Professional Spray Paint 400 ml, Burnt Umber 6
Liquitex Professional Spray Paint 400 ml, Burnt Umber 6

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, 23 Aug. 2015
Have had several of these, which now seem to be getting discontinued. I, like others, have had the same issue with the one time use where it gets blocked or just drizzles. What I have found to combat this, is a quick shake, then sit it in shallow hot water for a few minutes, before re-shaking. At the end of spraying, spray upside down as instructed, and wipe nozzle clean. So far, I have not experienced any further issues after this.

As I say, they seem to be getting discontinued however.

1 Litre / 1000mL, Hiflex EasyFlow 60 Polyurethane Liquid Plastic Casting Resin
1 Litre / 1000mL, Hiflex EasyFlow 60 Polyurethane Liquid Plastic Casting Resin

3.0 out of 5 stars Good price, Big fumes, 30 Aug. 2014
Despite good pricing, I would not recommend this for use in a family home. Even with good ventilation, I found the fumes were extremely strong. Possibly best to do it right by the open window or door, or even outside really.

Pokemon Evolution Three Pack - Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur
Pokemon Evolution Three Pack - Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Customer, 25 Jun. 2014
Well built, though it seems the paint job can come off rather easily in my opinion. A great collectable item, and certainly good enough to use for the purposes I bought it for.

Worth buying if you're interested in Pokémon

Elf's Bane (Elvenshore Series Book 3)
Elf's Bane (Elvenshore Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good conclusion, 1 May 2014
Last instalment of this series, though there is a fourth book which is a standalone offshoot, it brings a brilliant end to the great adventurous, conflictual tale.

The author's writing seems to have improved a lot more in my opinion where it comes to description.

This book brings the joint might of Valkyrie and Dwarves into the mix, and also spells a change for our hero. I will not spoil the story, but it is an interesting, though possibly easy to guess, event. This in no way hinders or detracts from the brilliant and enjoyable story that Elf's Bane, as well as the Elvenshore series, provides its readers.

A great buy in my opinion.

The Lost Cities of Elvenshore (Elvenshore Series Book 2)
The Lost Cities of Elvenshore (Elvenshore Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sequel, 1 May 2014
The Dwarven Legacy is a book that brings together a growing friendship, humour and action. William Thrash has made a story that begs to be read further, as you watch Kord Becker try and grow passed his failures. He uses descriptive language that helps to paint the scene, whilst also using simple sentences that get the job done perfectly.

The story is rich with a variety of characters, and you really get the sense of each character being different, bringing their own personalities to the table. Kind, caring, angry, hot headed, rude, sinister, all the great traits that make up the perfect adventure character recipe.

In this book, my favourite character would have to be Kord Becker. Not solely because he's the main character, but just because of how he's written. I love how he deals with things, especially within the chapter that saw him within the dwarf encampment (must read section). Being the main character, Kord was bound to be a very attractive guy, or a repulsive one. Thrash has written him as the likeable character, and think this has helped make the story just what it is. I think many can relate to him in a way, as trying to do something, but not having the drive to succeed. Maybe it's not what you wanted to do, or the path was forced upon you. Kord begins to understand himself within this journey, and it's great being able to watch the development.

I love a dwarven story, but this one really had a good twist in it. It would be cruel to even think about revealing the great twist, but I really didn't see it coming. I think William Thrash has taken the idea of the Dwarves, and really made them his own personal creations in this great telling of a failed knight being 'given another chance' to prove his worth.

I'd highly recommend this book for reading. It's fast paced, has plenty of action, includes DWARVES, has magic, sword fighting, and what else do I need to say? The only gripe I do have with The Dwarven Legacy, is not knowing if there's going to be a second book. I feel that if there isn't, this will be a let down from William Thrash due to this book being written in a way that indicates a sequel.
[...]

ST106 HOT WIRE POLYSTYRENE & FOAM CUTTING TOOL
ST106 HOT WIRE POLYSTYRENE & FOAM CUTTING TOOL
Offered by Hobbybase

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 1 May 2014
I must say, I have been extremely pleased with this product. I've had no problems whatsoever with it, and am still using the 1st wire despite having it for months on end now, and using it quite regularly. I think you need to make sure you don't apply too much pressure to keep the wire from snapping.

The size is good, but for thicker boards of polystyrene/foam it becomes a difficulty due to the obvious restriction. At first, I'd thought that the whole metal band was actually what cut, but I was wrong. The length of wire is still a good size though, and I've been happy to have this, and thought it was well worth the purchase price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4