Profile for French girl > Reviews

Content by French girl

French girl "Lisa" (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Britannia: 100 Great Stories From British History
Britannia: 100 Great Stories From British History
by Geraldine McCaughrean

5.0 out of 5 stars Lush book, 13 Dec. 2010
I was very impressed with his book, it's full of beautiful colour illustrations, and I know my son is going to love it. I would classify the age group as between 9 & 14.

Riverdance -- Live from Beijing [DVD]
Riverdance -- Live from Beijing [DVD]
Dvd ~ John McColgan
Offered by MMRSALES

5.0 out of 5 stars A magical evening, 1 Dec. 2010
I've always wanted to see the Riverdance live, I've realized that it's not going to happen, so on the strength of the reviews, purchased this one. Then last night, I forced the entire family (including 5 unwilling teenagers) onto the couch after dinner to watch it. What a performance! It was just fantastic, I really felt like I was there and even the most skeptical viewers were converted. What a great performance, and it was fun to see the reaction of the Chinese audience. I cannot recommend this DVD highly enough. It's the next best thing to being there!

Raymond Blanc by Anolon Bakeware Muffin Tin, 12 Cup
Raymond Blanc by Anolon Bakeware Muffin Tin, 12 Cup

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 22 Feb. 2010
I was very close to replacing my battered old muffin tin with a silicone one, but finally decided to go for the Anolon. My first impression on seeing it was that it was very sturdy, well built and designed (with silicone handles on the side) but today it had the first real test which was passed with flying colors. I made apple muffins and they just fell out of the tin and were beautifully cooked and golden. I'm very pleased indeed with my choice.

Clockwise [DVD]
Clockwise [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Cleese

4.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea but..., 9 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Clockwise [DVD] (DVD)
My husband loves this movie so I'm giving it four stars. I can't stand to look at the 80's hair, and the plot seems too predictable for my taste, but there you go.

Olay Touch of Foundation Complete Care BB Cream Light SPF15 - 50ml
Olay Touch of Foundation Complete Care BB Cream Light SPF15 - 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, great service, 9 Feb. 2010
I love UK companies like this that ship to France at reasonable rates and quickly. I can't buy any Olay at all here, so I'm very grateful. Thanks!

Max Factor Age Renew Foundation - 70 Natural
Max Factor Age Renew Foundation - 70 Natural

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service to France, 9 Feb. 2010
I love UK companies like this that ship to France at reasonable rates and quickly. Thanks!

Fay's Family Food: Delicious Recipes Where One Meal Feeds Everyone. Whatever Age!
by Fay Ripley

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipe inspiration, 23 Jun. 2009
Although I would describe myself as quite an experienced cook, it gets a little demoralizing cooking for a large family at times (namely fussy kids) and my creative reserves have run a little dry lately. I found several great recipes in Fay's family food, and I was impressed at the ease of preparation and the level of sophistication in the recipes. I would highly recommend the lemon pots and the fish pop corn. In fact, all the recipes I've made have been a hit around here. And I did have quite a few chuckles reading it as well. Well worth the money.

Tomy Aquadraw Disney Cinderella
Tomy Aquadraw Disney Cinderella

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and quite amazing, 4 Feb. 2009
My little girl had wanted one of these for ages, and when she finally got one for Christmas, she wasn't disappointed. It quite amazed the adults as well, and she had a lot of one with it.

Life with My Sister Madonna
Life with My Sister Madonna
by Christopher Ciccone

5.0 out of 5 stars A great summer read, 20 July 2008
I've spent the last two days reading Life with my sister, as I could hardly put it down! I was actually chuckling to myself outloud now and then, and enjoying all the juicy little tidbits on Madge. Definitely a great read, light and fun I would certainly reccommend it.

Wonderfoods for Kids
Wonderfoods for Kids
by Natalie Savona

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book!, 13 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Wonderfoods for Kids (Paperback)
I love the way the food book is sorted by food; often when the kids complain about eating a certain item, I'll bring out the book and we'll look up the chapter with the item in question and read about all the healthy properties in it, and why it's good for you. Amazingly enough, it seems to be having a good effect with my teenager as well as the younger kids! The recipes are easy to prepare, and interesting (love the tomatoes stuffed with sardines). I can't recommend this book highly enough.

Page: 1 | 2