Profile for S. Wilson > Reviews

Content by S. Wilson
Top Reviewer Ranking: 79

S. Wilson (UK)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Scooter Bee (Whizzy Wheels)
Scooter Bee (Whizzy Wheels)
by Marion Billet

4.0 out of 5 stars Scooter Bee, 17 April 2015
The illustrations in this board book are bright and colourful although not as nice as some other board books we have and some of them seem a little simple in comparison to other books but that being said I do like the sort of wheres wally theme to the book and my son likes pushing the book around on it's wheels. I received a copy of this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

The book is about a dog running off with a ball and a little boy called Scooter Bee going after him to get it back. It's told in rhyme and there are points within where you can get your little one to try to find the dog or ball on the page and point them out as they are almost hidden and like I said above similar to a wheres wally book but in a much shorter and toddler friendly version.

A nice book with good interactive points and as it is a board book it's perfect for little hands without any pages getting ripped by accident.

Mog the Forgetful Cat (Mog the Cat Board Books)
Mog the Forgetful Cat (Mog the Cat Board Books)
by Judith Kerr

5.0 out of 5 stars A Timeless Book and Character, 17 April 2015
I remember reading Mog when I was little and so I was over the moon to receive a copy of this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review and get to read this book to my own little ones. Both of my children love the story and love the book and as the board book is thick and perfect for little hands, my daughter loves sitting there looking through the pictures on her own and this is one of her favourite books at present.

The illustrations in this board book are absolutely gorgeous and the story both timeless and lovely. As we have two cats at home I think my children identify with the book that little bit more.

The story tells about Mog and this installment in the series is about Mog being 'forgetful' (there are lots of other Mog titles available too). The book is still as charming and funny as I remember it and basically makes fun about a cats normal way's such as them meowing at the window to get in rather than using the cat flap and running around with big fluffed up tails. This story has a funny twist at the end with Mog becoming a Brave Cat rather than a bothersome cat and my little ones love the book.

A beautiful, timeless, funny story that I still love many years later after having this read to me when I was little and I now get to share this with my own little ones.

Lost and Found
Lost and Found
by Oliver Jeffers

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Board Book, 17 April 2015
This review is from: Lost and Found (Board book)
The illustrations in this board book are absolutely gorgeous and the story is thoroughly beautiful. I hadn't read any of Oliver Jeffers books to my little ones before receiving a copy of this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review but he will be being added to my 'list'.

The story tells how a little boy finds a penguin and thinks he must be lost because he is sad only to discover after trying to take him home that this is not the case. The story is about friendship and helping others and both my son and baby daughter absolutely love it. The board book is thick and so is perfect for little hands and my daughter loves sitting there looking through the pictures on her own and I can easily confirm this is her favourite book at present.

A beautiful, heartwarming story that is truly magical and draws you in to the story even when reading for the 50th time.

Britax Stroller B-Agile 3 Cool Berry
Britax Stroller B-Agile 3 Cool Berry
Offered by tablet_books

5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty and Nimble Three Wheeler, 17 April 2015
I own the tandem version of this pushchair from Britax (Britax B-Dual Pushchair in the Chili Pepper colour) but I recently had the chance to test this pram out on a test circuit at a Baby Event that I attended and was very impressed with this pushchair. I love Britax products as I have never had any issues with them and the items I own of theirs are brilliant and you can see and feel the quality of them. I also have 3 of their car seats (Britax Evolva Plus (Black Thunder)) for my two little ones in my car and my husbands car and to be honest they were the first name I though of when shopping for a car seat. I actually think that this pushchair is extremely similar to the B-Dual other than the fact that it obviously doesn't transform into a tandem and it felt like pushing my very much loved B-Dual but without the additional weight and bulk of the extra seat.

I have two little ones; a baby and a toddler and this would be perfect for a lighter version of my pushchair when I eventually don't need the second seat for my eldest son. I would love to actually be able to test this chair over time and with my children in it to confirm it's ease to push with children inside, longevity, whether it handles well over muddy ground etc and whether or not it fits in an average car boot and I may hopefully get to trial this properly at some point in the future. This review is purely on the pushchairs merit's from me getting to collapse and push it around at the baby event I attended and I can confirm that I was very impressed with it. The pushchair was also already built and so I cannot comment on it's ease to assemble out of the box although if it's anything like my B-Dual (and as I said above it looks extremely similar) then I would imagine this was relatively easy to do.

Wheels:
The B-Agile has three wheels which are all hard solid plastic and so no worries about puncture repairs. The front wheel is lockable or can stay in the swivel position.

Brakes:
A rear brake button which you push down and up with your foot to set and unset the brake and the only thing I would say could be improved here is for it to have a colour code like my B-Dual has so that you know for sure when it is locked properly.

Footrests & Leg Rests:
The B-Agile has a foot rest and the leg rest behind is very nicely padded although this doesn't set to different heights like some other prams.

Seats, Seat Position, Harness & Basket Storage:-
The seat is extremely comfortably padded and I was really impressed with the level of padding. The seat reclines fully and at different levels (multi recline) and so is suitable from newborn. The seat has a 5 point harness and this is also padded for comfort and is height adjustable.
The basket storage is not huge but is a reasonable size and would be ample for a small shopping trip. The seat can be removed and with adapters that you purchase separately you can attach either a car seat or hard carrycot if you wish and so is multi-functional.

Hoods, Handles, Folding & Extras:-
The hood has both a viewing window which is closed with velcro and a mesh panel in the hood which you access by unzipping and is perfect for in summer when you want to add a bit more air into the hood area or if you just want a clearer view of your little one. The hood is also a good length for coverage of your little one from rain and the sun. The hood is also removable if required.
The handle is nicely padded and is one continuous curved handle instead of the pushchairs where they have two separate handles. To fold the pushchair you click the button in on the left hand side (if facing the pushchair) and then using the handle in the seat area you pull it up so that the pushchair folds upwards. It was a little tricky to do at first but really easy once I had a few go's and the pushchair is really light and easy to lift.
The pushchair comes with a raincover and has a large storage pocket in the back of the seat.

The pushchair handles really well when pushing and doesn't feel clunky or hard to push with some weight in (tested with weight to represent a child weight) and in fact I was pushing this one handed around the test circuit at the baby event. It also feels very stable and I don't know if the other reviewer who stated it didn't feel safe was just not used to pushing a three wheeled buggy as I found absolutely no problems with it at all.

A brilliant, lightweight, nifty and nimble three wheeler which as expected with Britax is made to a very high standard and has lots of attention to detail such as the back pockets and looks extremely comfortable with the generous padding. I don't think you could really go wrong with this pushchair and as it is so similar to the B-Dual in design I already felt very at ease with it when testing it and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Britax B-Agile 3 Neon Black
Britax B-Agile 3 Neon Black
Offered by PEQUEMONSTER

5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty and Nimble Three Wheeler, 17 April 2015

Britax B-Agile Double Black
Britax B-Agile Double Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Double Trouble, 17 April 2015
I own the tandem version of this pushchair from Britax (Britax B-Dual Pushchair in the Chili Pepper colour) but I recently had the chance to test this pram out on a test circuit at a Baby Event that I attended and was very impressed with this pushchair. I love Britax products as I have never had any issues with them and the items I own of theirs are brilliant and you can see and feel the quality of them. I also have 3 of their car seats (Britax Evolva Plus Group 1/2/3 Combination Car Seat (Black Thunder)) for my two little ones in my car and my husbands car and to be honest they were the first name I though of when shopping for a car seat.

I have two little ones; a baby and a toddler and I had actually looked at this pushchair when I was pregnant with my second child at one of my local large baby retailers near me but I had ruled it out as I didn't think that this would fit through my front door and that I would have to collapse it each time I arrived home. I still don't think that this would fit through a UPVC door and I think it would struggle to fit through my standard door frames at home to be honest, however as I didn't have a measuring tape with me and haven't had the opportunity to try this out at home I can't confirm this for sure, although based on eye sight alone I don't think it would fit. It fit perfectly through the doors at the baby event however I think they may have been slightly wider than my 1900's home's door frames. I would love to actually be able to test this chair over time and with my children in it to confirm it's ease to push with children inside, longevity, whether it handles well over muddy ground etc and whether or not it fits in an average car boot and through an average door frame and may hopefully get to trial this properly at some point in the future (husband runs away at this point saying no more children!). This review is purely on the pushchairs merit's from me getting to collapse and push it around at the baby event I attended and I can confirm that I was very impressed with it. The pushchair was also already built and so I cannot comment on it's ease to assemble out of the box although if it's anything like my B-Dual then I would imagine this was relatively easy to do.

Wheels:
The B-Agile has four wheels which are all hard solid plastic and so no worries about puncture repairs. The front two wheels are lockable or can stay in the swivel position.

Brakes:
A rear brake button which you push down with your foot to set and unset the brake and the only thing I would say could be improved here is for it to have a colour code like my B-Dual has so that you know for sure when it is locked properly.

Footrests & Leg Rests:
Very impressed with these as both seats have a footrest and the leg rest behind is very nicely padded and has an unzip function that allows you to unzip the leg rest part and access the shopping basket behind.

Seats, Seat Position, Harness & Basket Storage:-
Unlike tandem pushchairs your little ones get to sit side by side in this pushchair and both have a perfect view of the world as they are out and about with you. As I said above the only reason I probably opted for the B-Dual over this B-Agile was that I didn't think that it would fit through my doorways at home. The seats are extremely comfortably padded and I was really impressed with the level of padding in them. Both seats recline individually of each other and so you can have them at different levels (multi recline) which is perfect if like me you have two little ones of different ages or even if one child want's to sleep and the other does not. The seats fully recline and so are suitable from newborn. The seats both have a 5 point harness and this is also padded for comfort.
The basket storage is not huge but is a reasonable size and would be ample for a small shopping trip and as I described above you can actually access the basket from behind the leg rests by unzipping them. The seats can be removed if required and also individually of each other and with the included adapters you can attach a car seat or hard carrycot.

Hoods, Handles, Folding & Extras:-
Both hoods have viewing windows which are closed with velcro and both hoods move independently of each other and are a good length for coverage of your little one. The hoods are also removable if required.
The handle is height adjustable so perfect if you are a little shorter or taller than the average handle height is aimed at and the handle is really nicely padded too. To fold the pushchair you click the button in on the left hand side (if facing the pushchair) and then using the handles in the seats of each side you pull up so that the pushchair folds upwards. It was a little tricky to do at first but really easy once I had a few go's and the pushchair is a good weight but not too heavy to lift.
The pushchair comes with the click and go adapters for if you want to attach a car seat or carrycot to the base instead of the seat and also comes with a raincover and has storage pockets in the backs of the seats.

The pushchair handles really well when pushing and doesn't feel clunky or hard to push with some weight in (tested with weight to represent a child weight) and in fact I was pushing this one handed around the test circuit at the baby event. It does have a little weight to it for carrying but isn't too heavy that it couldn't be managed.

A fantastic double pushchair which as expected with Britax is made to a very high standard and has lots of extra design features such as the back pockets and looks extremely comfortable with the generous padding. I would check the dimensions to see if this will fit through your doorways but if you are after a side by side double then I don't think you could really go wrong with this pushchair and hopefully I'll have the opportunity to test this further at some point in the future (hubby is still saying no to another!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Little Device, 17 April 2015
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
Our (Hubby and I) Fire TV Stick arrived yesterday but I wanted to put it through it's paces a little before posting any review for it and I have to say that it is fantastic and we are very happy with it. I purchased it when the special offer was on whereby Prime members could order it at a reduced price over a two day period only and I must admit that the price reduction was what prompted me to buy it and I doubt I would have made the purchase (before now knowing how good it is) at the full asking price.

We have never had Chromecast or any of the other similar products that are out there and this is our first experience with this device and as I have said above we are very happy with it. It comes beautifully packaged in a black box which contains:

Fire TV Remote Control
HDMI Extender Cable
2 Amazon Basics AAA Batteries
USB Cable with Plug
Instruction Guide

It's really easy to set up and once plugged in you are good to go. I love that anytime I want to watch Vikings or other Instant Video films and shows on our main TV that I don't have to plug in my Husbands Xbox to do so and can just search directly through the TV.

A brilliant little device that I have no doubt I haven't even begun to explore completely (such as I haven't explored the voice control app to mention one thing) and I would definitely recommend to any Prime member or potential purchaser.

Philips HR2162/91 Viva Collection Blender, 600 Watt, 2 Litre
Philips HR2162/91 Viva Collection Blender, 600 Watt, 2 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, 16 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't know why but I imagined this blender being smaller than it actually is and so I was pleasantly surprised when I took it out of the box. This is much smaller than our food processor of course but I still imagined blenders to be super small and this is a really nice size.

The blender is 600W and certainly is powerful especially when on it's highest setting. The power adjustment is via a dial at the front which you simply turn to the desired strength (there are six speeds) and this also has a pulse feature which is the opposite twist to turning to the full power. The blades inside are angled different ways so as to blend better and easier and the lead length is a decent length for reaching your plug if you don't have the blender immediately next to one. The jug size is huge with a massive 2litres which means you can fill it up to 1500ml. The lid has a twist turn lock on it and when in the opened position you can still keep the lid on but the part that twists in front of the pouring spout then has openings in to let the liquid pour out smoothly. The blade and jug are both removable for washing and wash easily although I can't comment on dishwasher cleaning as we don't own one and wash our dishes by hand.

The design of the blender itself is very nice and looks lovely on our kitchen counter alongside our mainly black coloured appliances and the blender will be getting a lot of use in the summer months for smoothies as well as during next winter for soups. A brilliant blender that looks good, is very powerful and works brilliantly.

easyDigital® - White Sony Xperia Z3 Heavy Duty Strong Hard Protective Case Cover Dual Layer Protection Hybrid Case Cover with Built In Stand for Sony Xperia Z3 Screen Protector (White)
Offered by EASYDIGITAL

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits and Protects Brilliantly, 16 April 2015
I was a bit dubious about whether this case would work properly with it being so reasonably priced in comparison to the bigger brand names such, however the case not only fits my husbands Xperia Z3 perfectly but it has also protected his phone from numerous drops and falls. When I say drops and falls I generally mean one of our two children dropping or throwing his phone which they tend to do a lot! Just when he wonders where his phone is (and we are positive he kept it out of their way) we hear a dropped phone noise and one of our little angels/phone terrors has somehow managed to get his phone and has been playing with it.
Anyway his phone is still working perfectly despite our children's best attempts otherwise and he couldn't be happier with the case and would definitely recommend it. It also comes with a screen protector and the handy stand at the back has been an added bonus when reading kindle books on his phone or watching films. Brilliant case at a really great price.

Maclaren Lavender 100 Percent Pure Essential Oil
Maclaren Lavender 100 Percent Pure Essential Oil

4.0 out of 5 stars Maclaren Lavender Essential Oil, 16 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The oil comes in a 5ml/0.18fl oz glass bottle which is then inside tissue paper and then packaged in a large brown envelope and so the presentation of the product is okay although I wouldn't say it is particularly luxurious. The oil is 100% pure essential oil and so is very concentrated so you therefore only need to add 1 or 2 drops to your bath or diluted for use in your diffuser.

The oil smells nice and very strongly of lavender so like I said above you actually only need a few drops when using.

Lavender is really useful for calming, relaxing and winding down before bedtime. Lavender essential oil is also known to have good antiseptic and anti-inflammatory and rejuvenating properties along with relieving anxiety and works as a gentle sedative so perfect to put a drop on your pillow at bedtime.

A nice product but maybe a bit under-packaged and the price is slightly above the normal price point I'd expect to pay for essential oils but this is being marketed as a luxury brand.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20