Profile for S. Wilson > Reviews

Content by S. Wilson
Top Reviewer Ranking: 67

S. Wilson (UK)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
CALMURID PRO Moisturising Hand Cream
CALMURID PRO Moisturising Hand Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars Calmurid Pro Moisturising Hand Cream, 2 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Both myself and my husband suffer with really dry skin on out hands and have discovered that this is mostly to do with the amount of times we wash them during a day. As we have two little ones it seems like we are constantly washing our hands between bottles and nappy changes.
We have only been using this cream a short while but first impressions are hopeful that this will help add some moisture back into our dry hands along with another new cream we are trying out. The cream is unassuming and the packaging quite plain but the cream spreads well and is easy to apply. The cream comes in a box and then arrived in a padded jiffy bag. Although it is quite oily when first applied, it dries in to your skin very quickly and doesn't then leave your skin feeling oily.

I can't smell any fragrance which is one of the things my skin normally reacts to and so first impressions are very good. Time will tell if this is a better brand than our current one and another cream we are currently testing and so I shall update my review if there are any issues with the cream etc in future. At present I am using this cream more than are others due to fact it absorbs into the skin so quickly and doesn't leave mine feely oily afterwards. The cream comes in a box as mentioned above and the main cream itself is in a squeeze tube with flip lid and comes in a 50g tube.

WOW Toys Birthday Countdown Calendar
WOW Toys Birthday Countdown Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW Countdown Fun, 1 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a brilliant idea although not maybe one I'd want to do each year unless of course the WOW company came up with different Birthday sets. The countdown calendar is similar to an advent calendar in that your little one gets to open a different window each day in the countdown to their Birthday. Unlike a traditional advent calendar, there are toys behind each window rather than chocolate and the idea is that they all go together to become a little play set in the end.

There are 10 windows to count down the 10 days days up to and including your little one's Birthday and it's a fun way to start the excitement up to the big day (although as any parent of a young child already knows, they are normally bouncing around for days before their Birthday, along with a very early wake up call for us parents on the actual day too!).

The 10 windows each have a different toy behind and include:
Iggy the Trike
Ice Cream Trike Piece
Will (Boy) Figure
Birthday Cake Piece

One of the big things I love about the set, other than the idea, is that the toys are (according to the packaging) all PVC free, do not have any toxic paint and have no super small parts and so they really have given thought to this being a pre-school toy. I have two children and both are under pre-school age and so this little bit of extra thought is reassuring to know.

Not only have WOW thought of the toys' and their actual make-up but they have also put some thought into making them a little bit more interesting than just standard figurine pieces and the ice cream spins around on the top of the trike, the table top spins around and of course the trike moves. The table top has a shape sorter style to it with the jelly, cake and birthday present all being different shapes as so only fitting in their specific slots and so a bit of an educational slant has also been put onto the set too which is another thing I like about it.

In addition to this the actual box has some play value too as they have incorporated a slide on one side, which has a tree top door which you can put your little ones name on and your little one can pop the figure into here with the figure popping out of the tree base door below. There is also a small activity sheet which has ten different activities for each day such as colouring in, dot to dot, counting, maze game, spot the difference, hide and seek (a sort of wheres Wally but with Trixie the Rabbit) and a word game too.

The first countdown number which is the number 10 is already open and reveals the Mr Magic Figure which at first I was disappointed about as it sort of loses a window for your little one to open but considering the slide top and bottom doors open I think this makes up for that small fact.

The set is beautifully presented and all of the box, activity sheet and toys are in bright colours to catch your little ones eye. A brilliant idea and a truly lovely set which I shall add pictures for as soon as possible. I am definitely interested now in trying some of their other products and in particular their other countdown calendars with the holiday countdown being a must for our upcoming holiday and I believe this includes bath toys so a definite win win! WOW was once a brand that hand on heart I completely overlooked and sort of snubbed but having now seen this calendar and the quality of their product I'm not ashamed to say I hastily judged them to begin with. A definite recommendation from me for this countdown calendar.

WOW Toys Holiday Countdown Calendar
WOW Toys Pre-School Countdown Calendar
WOW Toys Special Day Countdown Calendar

Cetaphil 100 g Moisturising Cream
Cetaphil 100 g Moisturising Cream

4.0 out of 5 stars Cetaphil Moisturising Cream, 1 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have only been using this cream a short while but first impressions are hopeful that this will help add some moisture back into our dry hands. The cream is unassuming and the packaging quite plain but the cream spreads well and is easy to apply. The cream comes in a box and then arrived in a padded jiffy bag. One thing I will say is that it is quite oily when applied and so it is best applying when you don't have something that you immediately need to do straight after, as I made the mistake of this and then had to wipe the excess away with some tissue.

I can't smell any fragrance which is one of the things my skin normally reacts to and so first impressions are very good. Time will tell if this is a better brand than our current one and so I shall update my review if there are any issues with the cream etc in future. At present my husband is using this cream more than myself as he doesn't mind oily creams but personally I prefer non oily ones. The cream comes in a box as mentioned above and the main cream itself is in a squeeze tube and is a 100g tube.

Disney Inside Out Small Figure Fear
Disney Inside Out Small Figure Fear

5.0 out of 5 stars Aarghhh! Look Out!, 28 Jun. 2015
This Fear figure is from the new Disney Pixar film Inside Out which is released in the UK next month. The film is all about emotions and how each of us has five emotions controlling our actions from inside our heads. These emotions are in the form of five characters; Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust and Fear and they control how we perceive things from their control console's in our mind. The film is absolutely fantastic, as usual and as to be expected from Disney Pixar and had both the adults and children at the recent preview screening my son and I were very lucky to attend laughing out loud (and I'm not ashamed to say and again as is usual with Disney had me shedding a tear or ten!). This is bound to be the next big hit from Disney Pixar and the corresponding toys that go alongside from Tomy are bound to be on most children's Birthday and Christmas lists.

The small figure range can be played with alone or alongside the Disney Inside Out Control Console or the Disney Inside Out Headquarters Playset which is where they come alive as alongside the Control Console the figures light up along with their memory balls and with the Headquarters the memory ball images can be projected onto the wall screen. Be warned though that the projected images on the Headquarters are not as good as the product pictures, however they are still good and certainly would appeal to the younger child. The figurines on their own are really good and not bad value and my son has been playing for hours with the set since receiving them for free to test and provide a review.

The Fear figure stands at approx 11.5cm including his hair curl and he is responsible for keeping Riley safe. He has some of the funniest scenes in the film and is generally scared of everything and can find something dangerous with everything!

The Fear figure's arms and legs are movable and he can stand unaided. He can hold his memory ball by slipping his fingers inside the gap provide on the ball. He is made of a soft flexible plastic and his arms and legs are fully movable and the most flexible out of all of the little characters although his head does not move.

A brilliant film and I would highly recommend it and I will definitely be pre-ordering the Blu-ray when able to. The toys we have managed to look at and test so far all seem really good with the only negative that the projection on the Headquarters isn't as good as the product pictures show (but is still good) and I've attached some pictures of the figure with their memory ball as shown on the Headquarters and I hope to be able to show some pictures of the Control Console and the figure lighting up soon too.

Disney Inside Out Small Figure Disgust
Disney Inside Out Small Figure Disgust

4.0 out of 5 stars Hold on guys it's Brocolli! Well I just saved our lives, yeah you're welcome!, 28 Jun. 2015
This Disgust figure is from the new Disney Pixar film Inside Out which is released in the UK next month. The film is all about emotions and how each of us has five emotions controlling our actions from inside our heads. These emotions are in the form of five characters; Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust and Fear and they control how we perceive things from their control console's in our mind. The film is absolutely fantastic, as usual and as to be expected from Disney Pixar and had both the adults and children at the recent preview screening my son and I were very lucky to attend laughing out loud (and I'm not ashamed to say and again as is usual with Disney had me shedding a tear or ten!). This is bound to be the next big hit from Disney Pixar and the corresponding toys that go alongside from Tomy are bound to be on most children's Birthday and Christmas lists.

The small figure range can be played with alone or alongside the Disney Inside Out Headquarters Playset or the Disney Inside Out Control Console which is where they come alive as alongside the Control Console the figures light up along with their memory balls and with the Headquarters the memory ball images can be projected onto the wall screen. Be warned though that the projected images on the Headquarters are not as good as the product pictures, however they are still good and certainly would appeal to the younger child. The figurines on their own are really good and not bad value and my son has been playing for hours with the set since receiving them for free to test and provide a review.

The Disgust figure stands at approx 9.5cm and she is responsible for making sure that Riley doesn't get poisoned either physically or socially. She is my favourite character from the film and is the colour green probably to represent her disgust at Brocolli!

The Disgust figure's arms and legs are movable however she cannot stand alone and this is the reason I have deducted a star. She can hold her memory ball by slipping her fingers inside the gap provide on the ball. I'm a bit disappointed she can't stand on her own and whilst they would want to keep her feet and legs little, I don't know why they didn't give her a base. She is made of a soft flexible plastic and her head can also be turned in addition to her arms and legs being movable.

Disney Inside Out Small Figure Sadness
Disney Inside Out Small Figure Sadness

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm too sad to walk, just give me a few........hours., 28 Jun. 2015
This Sadness figure is from the new Disney Pixar film Inside Out which is released in the UK next month. The film is all about emotions and how each of us has five emotions controlling our actions from inside our heads. These emotions are in the form of five characters; Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust and Fear and they control how we perceive things from their control console's in our mind. The film is absolutely fantastic, as usual and as to be expected from Disney Pixar and had both the adults and children at the recent preview screening my son and I were very lucky to attend laughing out loud (and I'm not ashamed to say and again as is usual with Disney had me shedding a tear or ten!). This is bound to be the next big hit from Disney Pixar and the corresponding toys that go alongside from Tomy are bound to be on most children's Birthday and Christmas lists.

The Sadness figure stands at approx 9cm and she is one of the main character's in the film and is responsible for anytime Riley is sad. Joy tries very hard to keep her away from any of the memory balls as anytime Sadness touches them they turn blue and change to a sad memory. There is even a 'Sadness Circle' introduced at one point to keep Sadness from touching anything.

The Sadness figure's arms are movable and she can stand unaided. She can hold her memory ball by slipping her fingers inside the gap provide on the ball. She is made of a hard plastic except for her hair and her glasses and her head can also be turned in addition to her arms being movable.

Disney Inside Out Small Figure Joy
Disney Inside Out Small Figure Joy

4.0 out of 5 stars What Would Joy Do?, 27 Jun. 2015
This Joy figure is from the new Disney Pixar film Inside Out which is released in the UK next month. The film is all about emotions and how each of us has five emotions controlling our actions from inside our heads. These emotions are in the form of five characters; Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust and Fear and they control how we perceive things from their control console's in our mind. The film is absolutely fantastic, as usual and as to be expected from Disney Pixar and had both the adults and children at the recent preview screening my son and I were very lucky to attend laughing out loud (and I'm not ashamed to say and again as is usual with Disney had me shedding a tear or ten!). This is bound to be the next big hit from Disney Pixar and the corresponding toys that go alongside from Tomy are bound to be on most children's Birthday and Christmas lists.

The Joy figure stands at approx 12.5cm and she is one of the main character's in the film and is responsible for keeping the child Riley happy. She is a bit goofy and as to be expected from a character named Joy, fantastically happy.

The Joy figure's arms and legs are movable however she cannot stand alone and this is the reason I have deducted a star. She can hold her memory ball by slipping her fingers inside the gap provide on the ball. I'm a bit disappointed she can't stand on her own and whilst they would want to keep her feet and legs little, I don't know why they didn't give her a base. She is made of a soft flexible plastic and her head can also be turned in addition to her arms and legs being movable.

Disney Inside Out Small Figure Anger
Disney Inside Out Small Figure Anger

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh I'll Show You Attitude Old Man!, 27 Jun. 2015
This Anger figure is from the new Disney Pixar film Inside Out which is released in the UK next month. The film is all about emotions and how each of us has five emotions controlling our actions from inside our heads. These emotions are in the form of five characters; Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust and Fear and they control how we perceive things from their control console's in our mind. The film is absolutely fantastic, as usual and as to be expected from Disney Pixar and had both the adults and children at the recent preview screening my son and I were very lucky to attend laughing out loud (and I'm not ashamed to say and again as is usual with Disney had me shedding a tear or ten!). This is bound to be the next big hit from Disney Pixar and the corresponding toys that go alongside from Tomy are bound to be on most children's Birthday and Christmas lists.

The Anger figure stands at approx 10cm including his flame head which can be removed or attached depending on if your little one is acting out an 'Angry Scene' or not and the Anger character himself in the film is brilliantly angrily funny.

The Anger figure's arms are movable with one in a fist position (which will make sense when you view the film) and the other is open palmed and can hold his memory ball by itself when balanced correctly as you will see from my attached pictures. He can stand by himself very easily and as I've said above his flame hair can be removed or attached when wished although it doesn't stick in and so will fall out if the figure if knocked but will stay attached if the figure is turned upside down.

Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2015 12:57 PM BST

Babymoov Maternity Bag Street Style (Taupe)
Babymoov Maternity Bag Street Style (Taupe)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Bag Tardis, 25 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love Babymoov products and have had experience with this brand for a few years now. I have a few of their products including most recently their Babymoov Cosy Cushion (fantastic), Babymoov Babyni (Blue/ Taupe) (brilliant) and I have also purchased their Babymoov Baby Star Changing Bag recently to replace another changing bag.

I agree with the other reviewers in that this bag is certainly not taupe and also is a darker and different shade to the main product pictures (I will post product pictures of the bag over the weekend to illustrate this) but it is not mauve either. There is a slight purpleish tone to the colour but it is no way mauve and if you look at a colour sample online such as a well known UK paint manufacturer that begins with Du you will be able to see what colours I am referring to. I would personally say it is more of a muted mocha colour with a purpleish tinge to it and the straps and edgings are in a mocha faux leather. This probably makes it sound awful and while the colour isn't one I'd have chosen if given the choice it's not actually that bad when you get used to it.

This bag is part of Babymoov's mid-range of Maternity Bags and so whilst not as premium as some of their other bags or other big brands such as Timi and Leslie, Okiedog and Giorry, I personally like the bag. I would have preferred the bag in the shade as per the product pictures or even a light beige but for functionality I really like it and personally I'm not as bothered about the shade, but if you are looking to purchase this bag it is worth bearing in mind that the shade may differ from that advertised. I am assuming there has been some sort of material glitch where the bags have been made as every other Babymoov product I have is made to a very high standard and I love. My other recent bag that I purchased from them (Babymoov Baby Star Changing Bag) is perfect, matches the product pictures perfectly and I love.

The stitching on my bag is perfect although there were a few loose cotton strands that hadn't been trimmed which I have had to tidy. My only 'niggle' in regard to stitching are the shoulder pads and where the faux leather edging meets rather than having these mesh together tidily, one end overhangs so there is no seamless seem and again I will put up pictures on the weekend to show this. For the colour difference and slight stitching issue, I have deducted one star from my marking.

The bag can be worn in several ways as either a hand carry bag, messenger, a shoulder bag or as a backpack. I am travelling to London for a trip on the weekend and so I will test out all the different carrying methods and edit my review to advise but so far on just testing the bag out and about from home it feels comfortable in the shoulder and backpack positions.

The bag comes with the following:
2 Shoulder Pads (so they can both be used in the backpack position)
1 Length Adjustable Strap (this passes through a loop section in the top middle of the back of the bag to make it into a backpack and then two clip ends then secure onto the metal rings on the bottom on either side)
1 Clear Zipper Bag (this can be used for wet clothes etc however I usually use disposable plastic nappy bags so will use the bag for something else and measures approx 24cm by 20cm)
1 Fleece Blanket (this measures approx 77cm by 75cm)
1 Thermal Bottle Bag (this fits approx two 260ml bottles and a couple of baby milk cartons or small powder pots and measures approx 22cm by 16cm by 8cm deep)
1 Drawstring Bag (this measures approx 22cm by 21cm 'spread out')
1 Fabric Dummy/Soother Pouch (this measures approx 6cm by 7cm by 3cm deep and has a handy little handle which has a button popper on one side for hanging onto a bag strap or pushchair handle etc)
2 pushchair attachment straps (these are basically faux leather loops with popper button closures and look like leather bracelets)
1 Changing Mat (this measures approx 66cm by 28cm for the changing mat part and has a plastic clear zipper bag attached along with a zipped netting bag which I am not counting towards width and length as you couldn't use these are part of the changing mat when changing your little one but they both measure approx 25cm by 16cm each and one is attached to the bottom of the changing mat and the other to the side of the changing mat. Again I'll attach pictures over the weekend.)

All of the bag and fabric accessories are hand wash and line dry only. I haven't had to wash the bag yet and so can't comment on the wash-ability but I will try to update this review in future to advise.

The bag itself measures approx 38cm by 21cm on it's base and is approx 23cm deep by 32cm high. This is without the bag stuffed to capacity and so probably there is a slight couple of centimeters give in my measurements.

The bag is a Tardis and has lots of different pockets to store things in along with netting pouches inside (where I store nappies) and a large middle zip pocket to section the bag into two. I have so far counted 1 back pouch, two side pockets, 2 internal netting pockets, 1 large middle zip pocket, 1 internal front pouch with 1 internal zipper pouch on the inside of the front of the bag and 1 zipper pouch behind the two front satchel style front pockets.

A spacious, multi-functional Tardis of a bag which despite being a different shade to the product pictures I still really like. The bag also has a lifetime warranty providing you register with the company on their website after you purchase it. I really like the bag and would like it even more if it was in the correct shade. I shall update my review after my London trip and include some pictures over the weekend.

Babymoov Cosy Cushion
Babymoov Cosy Cushion

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxurious Memory Foam for Babies, 23 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This has to be the most comfortable pushchair insert I have ever had with either of my two children and I can't express (although I will try to) just how comfy this cushion actually is. The reason why the cushion is so comfy became obvious when I felt it and then looked at the materials used and discovered that the filling material is 100% Polyurethane Foam - who's more common name is Memory Foam.

The cushion not only has memory foam padding throughout the back rest and seat area of the cushion but also has extra padding around the edges of the head and torso parts which gives it an even softer and more comfortable feel for your little one. My baby daughter already loves her new pushchair insert and we have so far only used it briefly today to test it out. I can see this being perfect for when out and about on long walks and especially when hoping for your little one to drop off to sleep.

The cushion measures approx 70cm long by 40cm wide at it's widest head/torso point and 30cm wide at the thinner seat area. To give you an idea of how thick and comfy the memory foam is it measures approx 2cm thick at the thinner middle parts and approx 6cm at the thicker side head/torso parts. The measurements in the technical details section on the product page (42x9.5x42cm) are the box's dimensions that the cushion comes in.

The cushion comes packaged in a carry box with handle and so is handy for packing away if needed for storage although I don't think ours will be being packed away anytime soon or would make a nice present maybe for an expectant Mum or New Baby.

The cushion has two different pushchair shoulder strap height settings i.e. four slots, along with waist slots i.e. two slots to accommodate a five point harness and a cut out for the groin strap and buckle. This would therefore also obviously fit a two point or three point safety harness also. I can confirm that it has fit both of the pushchairs I have tried it in which have five point safety harnesses.

The cushion is machine washable at 30degrees although cannot be tumble dried according to the washing label attached. I haven't had to wash the cushion yet and so can't confirm this works perfectly nor how quickly it dries but once I have washed it if it gets food on etc then I will update my review to confirm.

The product pictures show how the cushion looks quite true to real life although the colours on the cushion are a bit darker in real life but this is possible due to the white background they have used for the product photo's as I think it's made the colours look a little washed out. I shall update the review over the weekend with some photo's to hopefully show how the cushion looks in normal use. I can advise now that the darker grey/brown colour in the middle and around the head/torso edges are more of a darker brown shade in real life and that the very pale colour on the rest of the cushion is more of a light beige colour. The two colours do go very well together but look slightly odd on the pink pushchair we have however they look perfect on the black pushchair we have. If you are thinking of getting the cushion and my colour description has put you off then I can hand on heart say that the comfort factor of the cushion is worth having a mismatch in colours against your pushchair.

A luxurious, super comfy cushion and definitely the best pushchair insert we have had in terms of comfort and I would definitely recommend. I've had a few Babymoov products now and the brand has become one in which I trust and love the quality of. The cushion also has a lifetime warranty providing you register with the company on their website when you purchase it. The packaging advises that this cushion is suitable for 6 months plus which is why it has the 6+ in the name. I'm not sure why it can't be used earlier but I have a suspicion it may be something to do with developing bones in baby's head. I shall update the review over the weekend to include photographs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20