Profile for Barbara E Mackie & William Mackie > Reviews

Content by Barbara E Mack...

Barbara E Mackie & William Mackie

Frankie and Stankie
Frankie and Stankie
by Barbara Trapido

2.0 out of 5 stars Frankie & Stankie - stank!, 2 July 2012
This review is from: Frankie and Stankie (Paperback)
I got this for a book club and did not particularly enjoy it. It was not so much a story but a documentary on South African aparthied in the 1950's. I was two thirds of the way through before I even got any kind of story. Too many characters, too many facts and not nearly enough story for me. Sorry.

The Crow Road
The Crow Road
by Iain Banks

4.0 out of 5 stars The Crow Road, 22 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Crow Road (Paperback)
Thank you to Mr banks for this very entertaining book. This was the choice for our "Book Club" and when I purchased it I had no idea of the contents but was intrigued as my grandmother used to talk of the folk who had gone down the "Crow Road" but I did not associate with the book until I started reading. I purchased the book and made the mistake of starting it and found I couldn't put it down and since the book club don't meet again until February - I may just have to read it again before then. Thank you also for the quick service for delivery.

A Life Worth Living
A Life Worth Living
by Ian McMurdo

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspired reading, 17 Jan. 2012
This review is from: A Life Worth Living (Paperback)
I purchased this book at The Ayrshire Hspice where I am a volunteer. I read the book with some trepidation but have come away inspired. I laughed, I cried - sometimes for Nan and sometimes for Ian and quite often for and about the dogs but oh the joy and love that came out of it was awesome. I bought the book on Saturday and finished it on Monday night. Such was the book that I couldn't put it down. I have no-one to compare, no relatives or friends who have suffered from MS or Nans complaint but I feel inspired to lead my life to the fullest and enjoy "A Life Worth Living". Thank you Ian for a great read and Nan for inspiration.

An Echo in the Bone (Outlander 7)
An Echo in the Bone (Outlander 7)
by Diana Gabaldon

5.0 out of 5 stars The Outlander Series, 26 Jun. 2010
This whole series is the most amazing series of books I have ever read. I have been a reader all my life and this series has taken many years since the first one was published and I have to say reading this last book "An Echo in the Bone" has been like meeting up with many old friends. I thank Diana Gabaldon for introducing them to me and I am about to start at the beginning so I can meet them all again. Well done - great book and great series.

Good News Bible (Sunrise)
Good News Bible (Sunrise)
by Collins

5.0 out of 5 stars Get the good news!, 30 April 2010
I have had many bibles in my life but this version is by far the easiest one to use and read. I am glad I purchased this and the service from Amazon is first class.