Profile for juliet > Reviews

Content by juliet

juliet

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Knitted Teddy Bear: Make Your Own Heirloom Toys, with Dozens of Patterns for Unique Clothing
by Sandra Polley

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, lovely bears!, 14 April 2011
These are lovely bears, several differnt ones but all similar in looks to those on the front cover. I have only made 1 so far. A football bear, complete with hat, scarf, top and shorts. He turned out really well and is much loved by my 7 year old son. The pattern was easy to follow and the bear looks as good as the one in the book. I will make more from this book.

Egg Cozies (Cozy)
Egg Cozies (Cozy)
by GMC Editors

3.0 out of 5 stars A little old fashioned, 14 April 2011
This review is from: Egg Cozies (Cozy) (Paperback)
There designs are a little old fashioned for me. I did follow a basic pattern for the shape and adapted it to make a Father Christmas hat, but that is as much as I will use this book for.

Toilet Roll Covers (Cozy)
Toilet Roll Covers (Cozy)
by Pat Ashforth & Steve Plummer

3.0 out of 5 stars toilet roll covers!, 14 April 2011
There is a pig, a sheep, a cat, a top hat, a humpty dumpty, a jumper, piano keys and many more. They look like something you would see at an old fashioned church bazar; in fact the only 1 I made was for a fundraising event at my Dads church. It was easy and turned out well enough. The book just does nothing to inspire me and is a little old fashioned in its designs.

The Knitted Odd-bod Bunch: 35 Unique and Quirky Knitted Creatures
The Knitted Odd-bod Bunch: 35 Unique and Quirky Knitted Creatures
by Donna Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great if you like odd!, 14 April 2011
I do! there are some different and unusual creatures. Good for grown up friend with quirky tastes and little boys .I made a raccoon type creature with a very bushy tail, a purple chap for a 40th birthday and a very long creature for my new nephew to cuddle. The good thing is that because they are the "oddbunch" you can experiment with any oddments of wool you have. It may even inspire you to have a go at making your own creatures up!

Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make
Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make
by Nelly Pailloux

4.0 out of 5 stars amigurami, 14 April 2011
Great pictures of robots etc. I made one, the pattern was clear and easy to follow. Result was good, approx 2" tall and now hangs from my sons school bag. Beware there are quite alot of small pieces which can be fiddly and hurt my hands.

Sew Me Love Me: Best Stuffed Friends to Make
Sew Me Love Me: Best Stuffed Friends to Make
by Kuei Hsiu-Lan

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab animals to make, lovely book., 14 April 2011
A friend bought this and has made about 15 animals. All fantastic. She used cut up clothes from car boot sales, so they were economical to make and each has a very individual look depending on the cloth she made each from. She made whole famillies of animals. I have since made 2 foxes and they are probably the beat things I have ever made. They remind me of "Fantastic Mr Fox".
They are long and slim, so the smaller bits can be fidly. But all the patterns can be adapted. I found the fox legs too difficult to turn inside out so I just cut them alittle wider. I also found that hand sewing the smaller pieces gave a better result.
The patterns and instructions were more than adequate for me but if you are a novice or you need very full instructions then maybe this isn't the book for you. If you like to play with fabrics then this is perfect.

Where's Wally 250-Piece Puzzle Railway Station
Where's Wally 250-Piece Puzzle Railway Station
Offered by The Bookstop

4.0 out of 5 stars a fun puzzle, 14 April 2011
If you know " where's wally" then you know what to expect from this puzzle. I bought it for my 6 year old son. He was capable of doing it on his own but it was more fun doing it together. Lots of Wally detail to look at as you build up the picture. The dissapointment came with the quality of the board, fairly thin cardboard that is not going to stand up to much.

Knitted Bears: Eight Special Friends for You to Knit and Crochet
Knitted Bears: Eight Special Friends for You to Knit and Crochet
by Claire Garland

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bears, easy patterns, 14 April 2011
I have made a couple of the bears, they turned out beautifully. Easy to follow instructions and not complicated patterns. Use a variety of weight and type of wools, so if you have a large or varied stash then this will be great for you.

Knitted Fast Food (Twenty to Make)
Knitted Fast Food (Twenty to Make)
by Susie Johns

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky, fun knitting book, 14 April 2011
I bought this for my Mum to occupy her following an operation. She has made the fried egg, chips, sausage, and bacon so far. They all look like what they are supposed to be (not always obvious with my mums knits!)She had no problems following the patterns despite not having the greatest concentration following her op. Even if you don't knit this is a book that will make you laugh with the woollen prawns and samosas.A fab book at a great price!

Teddy Bears: Twentyfive Irresistble Designs for Knitted Bears: More Than 25 Irresistible Designs for Knitted Bears
by Debbie Bliss

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic toy knitting book, 14 April 2011
I have bought alot of toy knitting books. This is by far 1 of the best. Debbie Bliss patterns are excellent to follow and these make toys that look like they should. It has alot of projects for bears and thier clothes; including a pilot, farmer, golfer, baby, and many more.
If you can get hold of this then buy it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4