Profile for MJ > Reviews

Content by MJ

MJ

Hummus Bros. Levantine Kitchen: Delicious, Healthy Recipes Inspired by the Ancient Mediterranean
by Christian Mouysset

5.0 out of 5 stars Chickpea paradise, 6 Sept. 2014
I love chickpeas and there are many chickpea recipes in the book, from how to make fantastic hummus topped with something delicious to falafel of many kinds.
The photos in the book are fantastic, so good that makes you want to get into the kitchen straight away and cook up a storm.
So far I've tried falafel, roasted aubergine and hummus and I've not been dissapointed.
Great book to have if you like the flavours of the ancient Mediterranean.

Rexel Style+ Cross Cut 7-Sheet Paper and Credit Card Shredder with 12 L Pullout Bin and View Window

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 15 Oct. 2013
Bought it on the reviews here and I've quite happy with it. It looks nicer than other Shredders and so far works perfectly ;)

100 Plastic Resealable Grip Seal Bags 13" x 18"
100 Plastic Resealable Grip Seal Bags 13" x 18"
Offered by Go Packaging Products

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Oct. 2013
It does what it's supposed to do, it's cheap and it seems like a decent quality. I'm happy ! !

Clothes Moth Trap - Pack of 4
Clothes Moth Trap - Pack of 4
Offered by Homecare Essentials Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work, 15 Oct. 2013
I've only had it for a few weeks, but already three moths have been eliminated..... Looking forward to a moth free house

The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight
The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight
by Dave Myers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for coeliacs, 15 Oct. 2013
I got this book on a friends recommendation and it has been great. I can eat most recipes, even though I am gluten intolerant.
The dishes are tasty and quite filling, so happy with it ;)
It's just a matter of keeping the in-between nibbles to a minimum...

Pet Palace® "Clothcat" Red Cat Kitten Collar with gingham tablecloth patterned fabric for home loving pusses plus FREE cute catnip mouse toy!
Offered by Pet Palace Products

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty collar, but not pretty delivery, 15 Oct. 2013
I ordered this collar instead of another one that I preferred as it had express delivery (the other didn't). It took 6 days to arrive, I shouldn't have bothered.
The cat seems happy with it, although it is more fiddly to put on/off than the ones with safety clasp.

Jellycat - Catseye Kitty Face Travel Card Holder, 10cm x 7cm
Jellycat - Catseye Kitty Face Travel Card Holder, 10cm x 7cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheerful for my tube card, 20 Feb. 2011
It is a resilient card holder, ideal for the tube card, and soooo cheerful, I smile everytime I use it.

Envirosax Minisax Bag 1 - Reusable Shopping Bag - Bag For Life
Envirosax Minisax Bag 1 - Reusable Shopping Bag - Bag For Life

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small, 20 Feb. 2011
I thought I could do with a bag smaller than the standard envirosax ones and bought this one.
It is just too small for anything other than a sandwich, so it's now been relegated to the bottom of the draw.

Knit & Purl Pets
Knit & Purl Pets
by Claire Garland

2.0 out of 5 stars Too complicated if you are a beginner, 20 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Knit & Purl Pets (Paperback)
I fell in love with the kitten when I first looked at the book and thought that even as I beginner I should be able to follow the pattern.
I'd say you would need to be a fairly experienced knitter to follow it, there are just too many points at which it could all go wrong, but these are not hightlighted in the pattern or included in a close up picture.
Unfortunately I have now started again for the third time and I'm thinking of giving up. Out of stubborness I'll finish it, even if it looks a bit odd, but I doubt I'll be starting another project from this book soon.

If you are a beginner, I would go for Sandra Polleys knitted toys, lots of achievable projects (I have knitted the little dog and it looks as cute as in the book!).