Profile for Amanda Evans > Reviews

Content by Amanda Evans

Amanda Evans "Amanda Evans" (Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Tomoiya's Story: Escape To Darkness
Tomoiya's Story: Escape To Darkness

4.0 out of 5 stars A Refreshing Take on the Vampire Genre, 25 Jun. 2017
This was a quick read and a very interesting take on the vampire genre. The writing was excellent and although the reader doesn't get an in-depth view into the lives and emotions of the characters, there is enough intrigue to keep you reading. Vampire in space is such a fabulous new concept and as an introduction to a series this book is perfect. I found the story refreshing and new and can't wait to read more about the golden vampires and who they really are. The author's writing is flawless and she knows how to weave a story that will keep you turning the page. Looking forward to reading more from Ms. King.

Darrienia (The Forgotten Legacies Series Book 1)
Darrienia (The Forgotten Legacies Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasy at its Best - A Definite 5 Star Read, 22 Jun. 2017
I loved this book and I took my time reading it, absorbing its very essence. This book is over 700 pages and if you enjoy fantasy you will love this epic adventure filled with angst, mystery, suspense, and of course good versus evil. The book centres around a group of 5 characters on a quest. The author does a fantastic job of letting the reader get to know each of the characters, and at times I didn't like them, then grew to love them. The main character Zoella is written so well and her trials, tribulations, and personal demons are fantastic. Each character has their own story to tell and as this book weaves its magic you will be transported into the land of Darrienia and on the edge of your seat on so many occasions. This was not a predictable read at all and it never got boring. The story was well written and I found myself hoping it wouldn't end. I looked forward to going to bed every night so I could immerse myself in this fantasy land of magic and evil. The story can be read as standalone but I'm looking forward to jumping into book 2 to see what is next. If I could give more than 5 stars I would and this is definitely an author that I will be watching. A true storyteller who can weave a tale that will keep you gripped and engaged till the very end.

Duchess & Valkyrie: Two Little Cats
Duchess & Valkyrie: Two Little Cats

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Children's Rhyming Picture Book About Two Mischievous Cats, 20 Jun. 2017
This is a beautiful children's picture book that is sure to excite. The rhyming story of Duchess and Valkyrie, two little cats, and the trouble they cause for Grandad. The illustrations are fantastic and kids will love finding all the little, hidden treasures within the pictures as they read the rhyming tale. This story is perfect for reading to babies and toddlers and for children just beginning to read this picture book has plenty of adventure that will suit kids of all ages.

Agents of Shadow (The Keepers of White Book 1)
Agents of Shadow (The Keepers of White Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping Suspense The Will Keep You Turning the Pages Late into the Night, 21 May 2017
A gripping tale of evil, masterfully woven into the pages of this book. The writing is excellent, the characters well developed, and a book that will keep you turning the pages. I love how this book sets everything up and leaves you questioning what is going to happen next. I was gripped from the start and found the plot interesting. I'm really looking forward to the next book in the series and seeing how the story unfolds. There were some great characters in this book all well developed and although this book focuses more on the building of the evil characters, it will definitely hold your attention. The detail in the scenes really helps to develop the story and this is an author that knows how to build suspense and draw the reader into the story. A definite 5 star read with a lot more to come.

My Kinda Magik - The Workbook
My Kinda Magik - The Workbook
by Maria B. Bourke

5.0 out of 5 stars If you Want to change your life - Get This Workbook, 13 May 2017
If you've read Maria's book, this workbook is a must have. All the exercises Maria talks about in the book are explained in detail in this amazing companion. These exercises require you to be honest with yourself, to look at what's working and what's not, and to make the decision to change. It is written in the same tone and style as the book and Maria's positivity and honesty shines through. The workbook is a book that you will pick up time and time again, dipping in and out of the exercises as they become relevant. Just like the book, this workbook now holds a special place on my bookshelf and I know I will be referring to it time and time again. For me it has become my transformation bible and the positive changes that have unfolded in my life since following Maria's teachings have been amazing. This is a workbook everyone should own.

My Kinda Magik
My Kinda Magik
by Maria B. Bourke

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has a special place on my bookshelf...Truly Brilliant, 13 May 2017
This review is from: My Kinda Magik (Paperback)
A powerful book that exudes happiness in a story that is shared from the heart. This book was a joy to read and reminded me of all the wonderful practices I had let drop over the years. It reminded me of how powerful affirmations are and what it was like to listen to my intuition and the little nudges from the universe. If you are a fan of Hay House, Abraham Hicks and other self-help authors, you are going to love this book. It's a journey you'll take with yourself as you read and like me, there will be plenty of Aha moments where you will shake your head and probably like me, chastise yourself for forgetting about something so important, (yourself). This book is filled with great stories as Maria shares her story with the world. It is filled with passion and it is a book that will definitely get you thinking and focusing on the life you want to lead. I can't praise this book enough. It has reawoken my love of self-help books and reminded me of all the knowledge I've soaked up over the years but have let slide. I love the affirmations included throughout the book and Maria's explanation of things. I enjoyed reading all about her journey and reading about the coincidences and the things that happened to show her how to get the things she wanted in life. I'm looking forward to reading more from Maria.

Jack Be Quick
Jack Be Quick
by Benjamin Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Suspense - A real page turner, 9 May 2017
This review is from: Jack Be Quick (Paperback)
This book had me gripped from the very first page. Noah is a well-written character and as I moved through the book and all his struggles I prayed that he would get a happy ending. This book will have you turning the pages as quickly as you can and trying to guess who the killer is. There are so many surprises and things I wasn't expecting. The author is a master storyteller and when it comes to thrills and suspense he has it nailed. Noah struggles in the aftermath of his accident are written in such a manner as you get to be inside his head and the pain and torment he endures. The secondary characters are excellent too and fit perfectly into the story. If you are a fan of murder mysteries and suspense thrillers this is definitely a book that will grip you. I won't give any spoilers, but I will say, put aside some time if you pick up this book because you won't want to put it back down. I'm looking forward to reading more from this author. I received an advanced copy of this book from the Publishers and I am voluntarily leaving a review because I loved the book.

Death Rains Down (Detective Ray Logue Book 1)
Death Rains Down (Detective Ray Logue Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Irish Crime Novel Filled with Wit and Humor, 6 Mar. 2017
I don't usually read crime fiction but this book was recommended by a friend who said it was excellent. I'm glad I took the chance on it. It was a great read and I loved the Irish humour and dynamic between Logue and McGarry. The dialogue between the two was excellent and full of wit. My favorite part was when McGarry invited Logue over for dinner on a Friday. I won't spoil it, but it was hilarious. The author captured the settings with great detail including the rain that Ireland is famous for. I had no idea who the killer was as I was reading and I really enjoyed the build up and anticipation. Overall, it was an inciteful view into the world of crime and I think I've found a new genre to read. I look forward to reading more in this series too.

Electric Pet Grooming Clippers, OMorc Rechargeable Cordless Pet Hair Shaver, Grooming Trimmer Kit, with Low Noise Low Vibration, Cordless Pet Fur Grooming Set with 4 Comb Guides and Cleaning Brush for Cats and Dogs
Offered by Weetop

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Grooming Tool for Our Little Shih Tzu, 7 Feb. 2017
Arrived quickly and was perfect for grooming our little Shih Tzu. it was smooth, it didn't get caught in the hair, and Max looks great.

Ultrasport Boxing Gear-Series Youth Boxing Set incl. Canvas Punching Bag and Boxing Gloves

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent product, 7 Feb. 2017
Great product. Very sturdy, and just what we were looking for. We bought it for our 10 year old for Christmas but we've all used it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9