Profile for Cas Allas Mazda > Reviews

Content by Cas Allas Mazda

Cas Allas Mazda (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
The Reluctant Time Traveller (Kelpies: Time Traveller)
The Reluctant Time Traveller (Kelpies: Time Traveller)
by Janis Mackay

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sequel to The Accidental Time Traveller, 7 April 2015
This sequel I found to be very entertaining, funny and quite thrilling. Both books are very good and keep you interested in the outcome.

Oxford Children's Classics: The Wind in the Willows
Oxford Children's Classics: The Wind in the Willows
by Kenneth Grahame

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 30 Mar. 2015
A lovely set of tales with Mole and his dear friends. I found this book wonderful and was delighted by each adventure. I also found the front cover exclusively inviting; could quite easily have dived straight into their world.

The Homesman
The Homesman
by Glendon Swarthout

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good American Western, 16 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Homesman (Paperback)
Very absorbing. Very good. Gritty and realistic. I became very involved from the first page. So happy to have read a wonderful piece here. Something of American history. A sad tale as well. I'm glad Glendon Swathout wrote this book. And thank you, Miles Swathout for your Afterword. Now I will look forward to watching Tommy Lee Jone's movie version of the story.

The Invisible Girl
The Invisible Girl
by Kate Maryon

5.0 out of 5 stars Invisible Girl, 3 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Invisible Girl (Paperback)
This book left me very emotional for poor Gabby Midwinter. It's a terrible thing to be homeless especially for a child. I found it very important and disturbing that this sort of thing can and does happen. The writing is easy to read and follow.

Just After Sunset
Just After Sunset
by Stephen King

4.0 out of 5 stars Thank You, Mr. King, 22 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Just After Sunset (Hardcover)
Very good short stories. I enjoyed a few, but one or two not so much. The Gingerbread Girl scared me, others made me nervous, especially; N. A Very Tight Place made me feel sick along with the ending of The Cat From Hell. They were good, keeping me focused and interested in the outcome of what was going to to happen next. As for Stationary Bike, now I'm getting one.

The Weight of Water
The Weight of Water
by Sarah Crossan

5.0 out of 5 stars Weight of Water, 7 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Weight of Water (Paperback)
Just finished today. A nice book done in poetry format. Each chapter is short. By the end, I had strong emotional feelings for Kasienka; happy for her strength through the struggle she has at school and changing into adolescense. Her mother made me feel furious, stuck in her sorrow and not sharing with her daughter.

Frost Hollow Hall
Frost Hollow Hall
by Emma Carroll

5.0 out of 5 stars Frost Hollow Hall, 11 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Frost Hollow Hall (Paperback)
Very good, had me involved from the beginning. I found it very engaging. I really enjoyed it.

Of Mice and Men (Penguin Modern Classics)
Of Mice and Men (Penguin Modern Classics)
by John Steinbeck

5.0 out of 5 stars Things Do Keep Happening!, 11 Dec. 2014
Poor Lennie! A good story and a sad one. Bless George, my heart went out to him.

Golden State: A Novel
Golden State: A Novel
by Michelle Richmond

3.0 out of 5 stars Golden State, 2 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Golden State: A Novel (Paperback)
It was okay......but I found it hard to finish. I'm happy I did. A nice ending. I had to push myself through the book when the writing waffled on a bit. The short chapters were helpful, as some parts grabbed my attention but other parts I found boring, so I struggled onwards wanting to finish it.

Heap House (Iremonger Trilogy)
Heap House (Iremonger Trilogy)
by Edward Carey

5.0 out of 5 stars I Want To Read The Second Book Now, 29 Nov. 2014
A creepy, gothic story with a strange, and weird atmosphere. It was thrilling page-turner that I finished today. I wanted something odd and scary and with this book I got it. The next one should be interesting especially with the way this one ended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15