Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Profile for annagy > Reviews

Content by annagy

annagy "annagy" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Braun Face 810 Facial Epilator and Facial Cleansing Brush Plus Additional Battery

2.0 out of 5 stars Battery life terrible making this a false economy, 18 Feb. 2017
I thought this was great when I first purchased it. However the battery life is absolutely terrible. I had to put a new battery in on every use, because it gradually runs out of steam and then is rubbish at hair removal. In addition, the cap at the battery end gets stuck and is very awkward, meaning that you are not only replacing the battery once a week but struggling to open and close the cap. In the end, after 6 months use, the cap became completely stuck and the only way to remove it would have been to break it. I ended up throwing this away in frustration. Great idea, poor execution.

Space Saver Vacuum Storage Bags with  Hand-Pump, Jumbo, 6-Pack
Space Saver Vacuum Storage Bags with Hand-Pump, Jumbo, 6-Pack
Offered by I-Innovate

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket, 28 Aug. 2016
Good quality bags, that do the job

The Outside Lands
The Outside Lands

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 9 Aug. 2016
This review is from: The Outside Lands (Kindle Edition)
I wanted to like this much more than I actually did. I found so many things about the plot implausible - every character and action was exceptional in some way. The death of Jeannie and Kip's mother, Jeannie's relationship with Lee, the strange cult-like anti conscription pressure group, Kip using the grenade, Jeannie's relationship with Tom, Lee's mental breakdown, Lee losing the child, etc. Because there were so many exceptional characters and plots, none of them rang true. The parts that worked for me were Kip's descriptions of being in Vietnam and in the prison. But apart from that I found this a bit of a lucklustre read.

Go Cat Cat Catcher Teaser Wand with Mouse Cat Toy
Go Cat Cat Catcher Teaser Wand with Mouse Cat Toy
Offered by BPS Wholesale

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!, 22 Nov. 2015
My cat loved this! He has gone off many toys quite quickly, but this one has resulted in many happy hours of hunting, leaping in the air, and generally crashing about! I would suggest you move anything breakable from the vicinity before playing with this! The big plus with this seems to be the wire as opposed to a string - the mouse moves like a real one. I don't hold out much hope for the mouse lasting a long while, but have noticed you can get replacements quite cheaply. Cats belonging to friends will be getting one of these for Christmas!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointed, 16 July 2015
I don't know if they sent me the wrong phone case, but this is rubbish. It doesn't properly fit my phone the rubber bits for the buttons are not in the right place. I have had to remove the rubber insert and just use the main case on the outside. Really disappointed and continue with my mission to find a suitable phone case.

201 Knockout Answers to Tough Interview Questions: The Ultimate Guide to Handling the New Competency-Based Interview Style (Agency/Distributed)
by Linda Matias

3.0 out of 5 stars Too detailed, 15 July 2013
I agree with one of the previous reviewers that the book is very detailed. However, because it is so detailed it really is not much use for preparing for a job interview. It would take a month to work through all of the examples and questions, and how many of us have a month to prepare? A more focused approach to preparing to the competency interview would have been much more helpful. Handy to have around as a reference book for when writing a job application, for example, but unless you have a photographic memory, not that helpful for interview preparation.

4 SCOTCH BRITE 3M LINT ROLLERS REMOVES LINT PET HAIR FROM CLOTHING UPHOLSTERY
4 SCOTCH BRITE 3M LINT ROLLERS REMOVES LINT PET HAIR FROM CLOTHING UPHOLSTERY
Offered by REMI DIRECT

4.0 out of 5 stars These are pretty good, 3 July 2013
These are better than the Norbond ones I've have bought for years in Sainsburys and Superdrug. They are stickier, and seem to remove more pet hair. What I don't like about them is that once they are used, the whole product is disposable. I would have liked a product where I could buy replacement rollers for the handle.

Centurion 90102 PSF135 Fast Action Mouse Killer Twin pack - Multi-Color
Centurion 90102 PSF135 Fast Action Mouse Killer Twin pack - Multi-Color

2.0 out of 5 stars This product describes itself as pet safe, but I don't think it is., 3 July 2013
I bought these because it was described as 'pet safe', but I don't think it is. I thought that the mouse would have to go in the box, and would then die in there as it would be trapped. However, the box is simply a device for hiding the poison from the reach of children and pets, so once the mouse has eaten the poison, if my cat sees it, it could run after the mouse and try to eat it and get poisoned itself. I am therefore disappointed in this product.

Catit Design Cat Cabrio Carrier Flight/ Airline Approved, Orange/ Grey/ White
Catit Design Cat Cabrio Carrier Flight/ Airline Approved, Orange/ Grey/ White

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good carrier once it is assembled correctly., 5 April 2013
This is a really good cat carrier. My previous cat carrier was a lot smaller with a wire grill, and my cat absolutely hated going into it. The Cabrio is a very large carrier with a clear plastic door at the front for the cat to see out. I didn't think that my cat would care to look out the front of the carrier, but he does, and he therefore became interested in travelling in this carrier, as opposed to being very upset by it.

There are a few downsides to this carrier. The first, as other reviewers have commented, is that it is an absolute mare to put together. I can see from some reviews that some people felt it was unstable when assembled. I too thought that, but then realised that you really do have to press everything into place so that it 'clicks'. If every latch doesn't 'click' into place, it isn't assembled correctly. It took me about an hour on my own to put this together - I'm not a DIY whizz - but when it is put together correctly it is robust. The second downside in my view is the claim that it is also a carrier that can open at the roof. Because of the 'clicking' issue, I am put off ever opening this product at the roof in case it becomes less sturdy in the process. Maybe it will work, but after an hour of putting it together, I'm not going to try it. Lastly, this cat carrier is quite heavy. My cat is very light, I am fairly young and strong, and I take him to the vet in the car. However, if you have a heavy cat, are a bit frail, or walk to the vet with your carrier, I don't think this product will be for you.

Overall, I would be much much happier with this carrier if it had arrived fully assembled. But having said that, if you have a cat that hates travelling, then this is a nice roomy carrier which my cat found a much more pleasant experience. He didn't even yowl all the way home from the vet in it (although he still yowled all the way there)!

Skipper Pet Travel Crate (Green, Size 2 - 55cm)
Skipper Pet Travel Crate (Green, Size 2 - 55cm)
Offered by Toy and Gift Shop

1.0 out of 5 stars A poorly made and flimsy product, 3 April 2013
I would absolutely not recommend this product. It is flimsy, the gate area is very small and I have always had a struggle getting my cat in it. The worst part of all are the little plastic latches all around the middle of this crate that need to be fixed into place to secure it. My product appears to have warped and the catches therefore will not all go into place. If you get the last one in, another one pops out. This means that the crate becomes dangerous to carry your pet in as there is the risk of it coming apart. A useless product. I've gone for the Cabrio now because at least I know it is sturdy.

Page: 1 | 2