Profile for JC > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Harvesting
The Harvesting

5.0 out of 5 stars Sequel?, 8 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Harvesting (Kindle Edition)
No typos in my copy. This was a fast moving short story and the premise is excellent. I flat out loved it because it was so different. My only wish is that the story is a prequel to a book? I can live in hope!

The Iso-Stasis Experiment (The Experiments)
The Iso-Stasis Experiment (The Experiments)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it. Highly recommend to others., 2 Jan. 2012
I bought this book on a whim as I have previously read a few of the authors other books for free and what I can say with all honesty is that this book, which is a little different to her other books was a hit with me and the price of £2.65 was well worth it.
The story is simple enough to follow and its a real page turner, I read it over a 24 hour period as I found myself unable to put it down when it became clear that it was far above the average thriller with a little odd quirk that kept the pages moving.
As I previously said, I know of this author purely because of her end of days and pandemic type books which I love also. This was the fifth book of hers that I have read and I have pleasure in knowing that there are 2 more waiting for my attention on my kindle. Check out her other books as I am confident that there will be something for everyone.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2012 7:40 AM GMT

Ferplast Laura Hamster Cage with Accessories-color may vary
Ferplast Laura Hamster Cage with Accessories-color may vary

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 22 Sept. 2011
This a great cage and can be customised to suit the buyer, I have bought extra tubes and a pod for the hamster to sleep in. For the first few weeks I would recommend removing the tubes as my baby hamster decided to make his bed inside the tubes making it impossible for me to handle him which is vital in the early weeks.
They also wee inside the tubes so you may want to put some news paper under the cage.
The home supplied is not large enough for a full grown Syrian but makes an excellent toilet.
The cage is also spacious enough for you to hang treats like corn from the roof.
The kids love watching him potter about now and this cage allows for that too.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2012 9:22 AM GMT

The Takeover
The Takeover

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 4 Sept. 2011
This review is from: The Takeover (Kindle Edition)
I loved the premise of the plot for this book and it kept me entertained but I think that the author short changed me a little. This book could have been better. It could have been taken to deeper depths, it skimmed the surface of its subject and its characters were a little one dimensional and underused (the next door neighbours).

I did enjoy the read and it was in no way tedious but I kind of felt like it was a prelude or a short story.

I've given it four stars because 3 seemed unfair, this book could have been so much more than it was had the author pushed the boundaries a little harder.

If you like Horror, this book is not horrific but it is suspenseful, you will be reading it just to find out how it ends, it is not absorbing but it is entertaining.

Alexandra's Legacy (Legacy Series)
Alexandra's Legacy (Legacy Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good start to a promising series, 4 Sept. 2011
To start with I enjoyed this book and read it in one sitting, the story was well thought out, the characters were richly described and the heroine of the book was a streetwise sassy woman (which makes a nice change from a swooning femme fatale).

The only small issue I had was that the actual werewolves didn't really appear much within the book, there was the odd bit here and there and some focus on Alexandras first change but that was it, and as this book was basing much of its plot around the politics within a clan I found it a bit lacking

The book was pacey and the action scenes were well written and the sex scenes, while graphic were not the total focus of the plot. I will most definitely be reading the rest of this series and I hope the following books live up to the first.

Lights, Camera...Monsters
Lights, Camera...Monsters

3.0 out of 5 stars hot and heavy, 20 July 2011
I did the usual and downloaded the book because it was free. I must not have read the blurb properly though as I did not realise until I was reading that the book is erotica with a short story thrown in.

The premise is excellent and different and I read the book in one sitting, the characters are nicely described although the author does little to set the scene and the monsters could have been so much better! they were hardly a part of the story (except for the sex).

The book was graphic though not extreme, although I did find one of the scenes involving anal sex a little hard to believe, as she had known him less than a week!!

The book felt rushed and I felt that it ended too quickly and abruptly, I was not left hanging for more, I was just left before the story really developed, I felt that perhaps this was to get me to rush off to buy the next book in the series.

All in all it was a good read but not a satisfying one! I wish that the book had gone further as it may have made me more inclined to buy the next one but as it stands it was a good freebie, but not something I'd recommend to my granny!!

Lunar Light (Beautiful Damned Book 1)
Lunar Light (Beautiful Damned Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing change to the genre, 27 Jun. 2011
This book was not what I expected, it went way beyond what I'm used to in a preternatural/creature book.
It was excellently written with great character descriptions, great visualisation of the Wendiga/o's and even has some light humour in the right places.
The female lead was quite a dark flawed individual but this made the book for me, I'm sick of fluffy heroines and glittering vampires and this was the cure.
I'm hoping for a trilogy at least!

Seduced by the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf)
Seduced by the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enthralled for hours., 14 Jun. 2011
Loved the book, the writing style reminded me a little of Rachel Vincent's Faythe Sanders series about werecats.

Characters were well introduced and colourful, I found myself rooting for the heroine in the book.
There is a hot and heavy dose of sex in the story but its tasteful and not overdone, it adds to the storyline and is realistic.
Humour laced its way through the novel and brought a smile to my face.

This genre has swamped the market lately but this was fresh, slightly different and just BETTER that the other books like it.

Queen of Arlin (The Cyber Chronicles Book 1)
Queen of Arlin (The Cyber Chronicles Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprising hit, 10 Jun. 2011
When I first started to read this I was not immediately drawn into the plot but 20 minutes in I was hooked.
The book is well written and keeps its secrets close to the chest, every time you think you know where the author is taking you there is a new tantalising glimpse of what lies ahead.
The character of Cyber/Sabre is very one sided and monotonous and just when you think you have his type, there's an interesting twist that keeps the book storming forward and adds a whole new attitude. This is also where the well timed laughs started coming.
Intriguingly, you only find out at the very end some information that makes you think the next book will be worth it and I will be downloading that asap.

Prophecy (Slave Empire Book 1)
Prophecy (Slave Empire Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 10 Jun. 2011
This is the first in a series of novels and I will defineatly be ordering the next in line. The story is well thought out and the characters are all interesting. I laughed out loud in places for all the right reasons. I would advise people that love this genre to try the book, you can't go wrong.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6